Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
How would you have known about the option to start your Tier 3 on the day it was implemented. My claim was monetarily eneligeble for weeks until I checked my payment history on Dec. 30 when I noticed that they had put 7 weeks of payments into my accounts.
It sounds like someone just re-opened your claim and did the back weeks automatically. Had you called anyone that day or the day before to see if you were eligible for Tier 3? If it was Raleigh that did something to your claim, it's hard to say what they did and for what reason.

When I'm helping someone with their Tier 3, I usually will first ask them if they've been able and available for work, and searching for work, all those back weeks. If they say yes, I'll ask if they want me to create the paperwork that will allow payment for all those back weeks, or if they just want to start their Tier 3 payments from that point forward. Most want the back weeks, which is easy enough for me to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
JDLJR When did the EB go into effect. Reason for asking, I thought I had already received EB and exhausted them a few months ago
Not sure when it went into effect, maybe about 8 months ago? You may not have exhausted all EB before a benefit year ended, you may have had EB leftover from a previous benefit year. Hard to speculate without looking at your claim to see it's progression.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM

8 posts, read 22,888 times
Default jdljr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Not sure when it went into effect, maybe about 8 months ago? You may not have exhausted all EB before a benefit year ended, you may have had EB leftover from a previous benefit year. Hard to speculate without looking at your claim to see it's progression.
whats the earliest u can go on eb. im starting tier 3 this week and never have been on eb at all. nothing in my first benefit year and now 34 weeks in my 2nd benefit year. jdljr has raleigh quit determination letters, this is the first time i havent received one with the tier 3 amount and number of weeks. thanks, ritchie.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchie09 View Post
whats the earliest u can go on eb. im starting tier 3 this week and never have been on eb at all. nothing in my first benefit year and now 34 weeks in my 2nd benefit year. jdljr has raleigh quit determination letters, this is the first time i havent received one with the tier 3 amount and number of weeks. thanks, ritchie.
At this point if you haven't begun EB, you can begin EB after Tier 3, since they don't yet have the remaining Tier 2 (one additional week) and Tier 4 programming complete. To my knowledge they have not quit sending out determination letters, but it's soooo hit or miss as to letters...sometimes people won't get them, and other times people will get multiple letters the same day. Usually, you would be eligible for EB as long as you don't have a disqualification on your claim. Any disqualification would result in being disqualified for EB.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 PM

8 posts, read 22,888 times
Quote:
At this point if you haven't begun EB, you can begin EB after Tier 3, since they don't yet have the remaining Tier 2 (one additional week) and Tier 4 programming complete. To my knowledge they have not quit sending out determination letters, but it's soooo hit or miss as to letters...sometimes people won't get them, and other times people will get multiple letters the same day. Usually, you would be eligible for EB as long as you don't have a disqualification on your claim. Any disqualification would result in being disqualified for EB.
with my 2nd benefit year ending may 15th, 2010 and with me starting my 3rd tier benefits at 6.5 weeks with 17 weeks remaing in my benefit year with the possibilty of eb and tier 4, will i be able to pull forward the remaing weeks left in eb and tier 4 after my benefit year has expired. thank u for the info. ritchie.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,968 times
i guess im just stupid, because i dont get the wage thing.. if my husband didn't work any last year and collected unemployment for his FULL benefit year, but worked for 8 years straight before then.. how would they go by gross if his income for all of last year was unemployment and non taxable VA benefits. Someone might need to break this down barney style for me, haha.. He's also never recieved any letters, and i don't know if they do it different because he was in the military or not, i know when he goes to the offices he has to talk to someone different than who i talked to.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM

28 posts, read 67,934 times
Quote:
It sounds like someone just re-opened your claim and did the back weeks automatically. Had you called anyone that day or the day before to see if you were eligible for Tier 3? If it was Raleigh that did something to your claim, it's hard to say what they did and for what reason.

When I'm helping someone with their Tier 3, I usually will first ask them if they've been able and available for work, and searching for work, all those back weeks. If they say yes, I'll ask if they want me to create the paperwork that will allow payment for all those back weeks, or if they just want to start their Tier 3 payments from that point forward. Most want the back weeks, which is easy enough for me to do.
Is there anyway to tell whether I will be eligeble for Tier 4 SINCE they went back and reopened my claim for Tier 3.

By the way you get my vote for E.S.C employee of the Year .Last Year and this Current Year!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchie09 View Post
with my 2nd benefit year ending may 15th, 2010 and with me starting my 3rd tier benefits at 6.5 weeks with 17 weeks remaing in my benefit year with the possibilty of eb and tier 4, will i be able to pull forward the remaing weeks left in eb and tier 4 after my benefit year has expired. thank u for the info. ritchie.
Well remember, currently the phase out date for EUC is Feb 28th, 2010. You have to exhaust whatever Tier you're in by that date in order to move to the next higher Tier. That's a little over 4 weeks from now. The way I interpret it is that if you're in the process of receiving a Tier when Feb 28th comes up, you wouldn't be able to receive the next Tier because you wouldn't have exhausted that other Tier by the 28th.

Likewise, you have to start EB by Feb 28th in order to be eligible to receive it.

February 28th, 2010 is a key date at this point. Many things evolve around that date. There has been no word on if they'll extend this phase out date, as they did in December.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluesubygo View Post
i guess im just stupid, because i dont get the wage thing.. if my husband didn't work any last year and collected unemployment for his FULL benefit year, but worked for 8 years straight before then.. how would they go by gross if his income for all of last year was unemployment and non taxable VA benefits. Someone might need to break this down barney style for me, haha.. He's also never recieved any letters, and i don't know if they do it different because he was in the military or not, i know when he goes to the offices he has to talk to someone different than who i talked to.
Yes, he sees a Vet Rep at the local office because he's a veteran.

Any quarter of wages prior to the 4Q2008 are not counted in determining eligibility for a benefit year at this point. Anything prior to 4Q2008 are too far back to use for determining eligibility.

That's just the thing...if he had no actual covered WAGES during last year, then there may be nothing to build a new UI claim with. He may not qualify for a new, regular UI claim, only for any unused extension money to be brought forward to draw out. Keep in mind that not everyone will qualify for a 2nd regular UI claim. It happens, it just depends on what's in your base period and if you hit everything just right. UI is not meant to be an indefinite program whereby people can draw indefinitely. That's why everything is based on WAGES in the base period. Not working = not putting any wages into the base period for future UI claims.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
Is there anyway to tell whether I will be eligeble for Tier 4 SINCE they went back and reopened my claim for Tier 3.

By the way you get my vote for E.S.C employee of the Year .Last Year and this Current Year!
Thanks for the vote!

I would venture to guess that you would be eligible for Tier 4 since you have exhausted Tier 3. As far as I know, there are no other, or no additional requirements to receive Tier 4 here in NC over and above the requirements to receive EUC in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina