Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
To answer all of everyone's questions about this, I honestly am not sure how it is going to play out, other than if you hadn't met the 6x rule between Jan and Mar but did get a subsequent benefit year set up for you with regular UI (because you had enough wages in the base period), they are going to be running programming to make some adjustments to claims. What I have received in my email is that this affects 40,000 claims. And anyone that got something that shouldn't have will be getting overpayment notices. However, as said before, you will be able to go to your local office and request a waiver of the overpayment.

They were supposed to run the programming to make the adjustments last week, it was delayed until this week, and then I received another email late today that it has been delayed again. So not sure exactly when they'll run the programming, or what it will mean for folks. Will it mean that instead, folks' claims will be switched to be drawing unused extension money from the previous benefit year? Maybe. And some folks may not have had that many weeks of unused extension money left and received more weeks of new, regular UI than they had left of the unused extension money.

Yes, it may be a mess. But hopefully not.

If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to letcha know.
Thanks for passing along the info!
After some quick math,my calculations are okay as of this week, I'm still ahead on my previous year by $600.00 (whew).
I don't make much on my weekly benefit, so hopefully by the time they run the program, I won't have an OverPayment.
However you can betcha, I'll file the waiver
Can you tell me ,
when they pullforward people's last year's benefits that didn't qualify for a new 2nd year... will they also pull forward they're unused EB?

Just wandering if I can collect on that possibly, since my weekly benefits will disappear about 6-7 weeks sooner than I had thought.
Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM

18 posts, read 36,071 times
I have a somewhat related question, when pulling forward unused extensions do they pull forward just the remainder of whatever EUC Tier you were in at the end of the first benefit year, or do they also pull forward the subsequent tiers? So for instance if you were midway into Tier 2 when your benefit year ended, would they pull forward the remainder of Tier 2 and the untouched Tier 3 and 4 also?

Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareWave View Post
I have a somewhat related question, when pulling forward unused extensions do they pull forward just the remainder of whatever EUC Tier you were in at the end of the first benefit year, or do they also pull forward the subsequent tiers? So for instance if you were midway into Tier 2 when your benefit year ended, would they pull forward the remainder of Tier 2 and the untouched Tier 3 and 4 also?
yep, they pull forward all of it, a tier at a time starting where you left off at., unless they go ahead and deduct what they've paid you now, from your first year benefits...?
I'm just curious if they will pullforward EB, it usually comes at the end of tier 4 if your eligible.
My only fear is will they just deduct everything they have paid me since Feb.,
14 weeks of UI and then tier one and now into tier 2, 2nd year
( or so I thought), ha!
I'm trying not to stress over it, but this really shocks me hearing this today and I can't help but be concerned.
I'd be almost even in a few weeks, what I had leftover in first year versus what they've paid me to date.
I should'nt owe anything... however I'll also be out of money and I thought I'd be okay til the end of Nov!!!
Well it is what it is, I shouldn't be surprised by anything.

My schooling will be over Nov 16th, can't make it though without my weekly benefits, so who knows what will happen.
sorry to vent, just in a very down mood

Old 09-14-2010, 07:05 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Thanks for passing along the info!
After some quick math,my calculations are okay as of this week, I'm still ahead on my previous year by $600.00 (whew).
I don't make much on my weekly benefit, so hopefully by the time they run the program, I won't have an OverPayment.
However you can betcha, I'll file the waiver
Can you tell me ,
when they pullforward people's last year's benefits that didn't qualify for a new 2nd year... will they also pull forward they're unused EB?

Just wandering if I can collect on that possibly, since my weekly benefits will disappear about 6-7 weeks sooner than I had thought.
Thanks !!
Yes, if you didn't receive regular UI in a subsequent benefit year, they'll pull forward EB. But if someone had a disqualification in the year their extensions were based off of, they won't pull forward the EB if it was based from that same year as the disqualification.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, if you didn't receive regular UI in a subsequent benefit year, they'll pull forward EB. But if someone had a disqualification in the year their extensions were based off of, they won't pull forward the EB if it was based from that same year as the disqualification.
jdljr,
thanks so much for your repsonse and all of your help
I guess I may as well try to relax and just wait for the mail to come, no need getting myself sick over something out of my control

Old 09-14-2010, 08:39 PM

18 posts, read 36,071 times
If I understand correctly, because they -did- establish a 2nd benefit year for us and put us back on Regular UI, that means they won't pull forward our EB from the previous year. So does that mean the previous year's unused EB "disappears", or does it mean they're using it to offset (i.e. pay for) the Regular UI that was erroneously given in the 2nd benefit year?

Again thanks for all the info. You should get paid OT for this!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,945 times
So my benefit year is suppose to end 9/25/10. It now says benefits exhausted on my claim profile. I was just staring Tier 3. What should I do now? How do I see if I have anything left?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super1234 View Post
So my benefit year is suppose to end 9/25/10. It now says benefits exhausted on my claim profile. I was just staring Tier 3. What should I do now? How do I see if I have anything left?
Try to file Sunday ,or whenever it's your day to file for this past week.
You may still have one more week left..?
Are you at the end of your first or 2nd benefit year?

If it's the end of your first year, you'll have to file for a new benefit year and see if that goes through.
No matter where your at with your benefits, when your benefit year is over it's over.
You can file a new year /claim at the esc site.
If you don't qualify then they'll pullforward your unused money left from year one for you to use, which would be the rest of tier three, and four and possibly EB(state funded money)... however the deadline for extended benefits is set to end on Nov 27th 2010, not sure what will happen after that date.
Goodluck!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:16 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareWave View Post
If I understand correctly, because they -did- establish a 2nd benefit year for us and put us back on Regular UI, that means they won't pull forward our EB from the previous year. So does that mean the previous year's unused EB "disappears", or does it mean they're using it to offset (i.e. pay for) the Regular UI that was erroneously given in the 2nd benefit year?

Again thanks for all the info. You should get paid OT for this!
The way I would imagine it *should* work, although I can't say for sure is that if someone had been set up a new benefit year with new regular UI and shouldn't have, then they instead would go back and switch those weeks to unused extension money from the first benefit year. If this is the case, and if you shouldn't have gotten regular UI to begin with, then when they pull forward the unused EUC, they should also pull forward any unused EB as long as you didn't have a disqualification in the year the extensions were based off of.

Now, if someone was improperly set up with a 2nd benefit year and began with regular UI and again qualified for a new round of extensions after their regular UI, beginning with Tier 1 EUC, then Tier 2, 3, etc...it may be in some cases that the number of unused extensions weeks from the previous benefit year (that they should have instead gotten) would not equal the number of weeks gotten from the new benefit year with regular UI and the new extensions. In this case too many weeks would have been paid and an overpayment generated. Also, it's uncommon that a weekly benefit amount in one year would be the same as in the next year, so depending on the difference in the weekly benefit amounts, there may be an overpayment.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM

4 posts, read 5,945 times
It is the end of my 2nd year. Will they still pull forward? How do can you tell if you have monies left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina