Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 02:40 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,446,723 times

Advertisements

Charlotte and the Triangle will die with traffic, the GA must change its stand on LRT. It is a must that they funs LRT in the cities in NC.
Charlotte present growth will give Charlotte a population over 1 million by 2025. We can not build enough roads to support the on coming demands on our transportation system.

The same goes for the Triangle also.

As the Triangle grows it will be able to support a light rail system.

Now is the time to get our plans in place and start construction as soon as possible.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:06 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,409,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Charlotte and the Triangle will die with traffic, the GA must change its stand on LRT. It is a must that they funs LRT in the cities in NC.
Charlotte present growth will give Charlotte a population over 1 million by 2025. We can not build enough roads to support the on coming demands on our transportation system.

The same goes for the Triangle also.

As the Triangle grows it will be able to support a light rail system.

Now is the time to get our plans in place and start construction as soon as possible.

The Triangle already can support a light rail system.

The problem obviously is politicians. Money isn't even the issue IMO. It's backwards politicians. The public supports light rail. They supported it in Durham I believe, they supported it in Charlotte and the public wants light rail.

Light_Rail_Revenue_Service_Campus_Event_3-16-2018_img061 by UNC Charlotte Official Flickr, on Flickr

CATS, Light Rail by UNC Charlotte Official Flickr, on Flickr

I don't see this kind of reception over roads...

Old 03-18-2018, 05:28 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,409,656 times
Durham with its new tower rising

For Atown:

Quote:
A comprehensive guide to 45 restaurant openings coming to Charlotte in 2018
https://www.charlotteagenda.com/1170...8-coming-soon/

Last edited by Charlotte485; 03-18-2018 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-23-2018, 10:01 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,325,760 times
Semi off topic, but the Charlotte metro has surpassed 2.5 million.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM

459 posts, read 375,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Semi off topic, but the Charlotte metro has surpassed 2.5 million.
We'll be surpassing Ohio, Illinois, and Pennsylvania in state population in the next 20 years.

Also Wake County will surpass Mechklenburg County in population sometime this year or next.

Wake leads the Triangle and the state in growth with +23,060 to Mecklenburg’s +19,800.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:43 PM

3,664 posts, read 3,953,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
The Triangle already can support a light rail system.

The problem obviously is politicians. Money isn't even the issue IMO. It's backwards politicians. The public supports light rail. They supported it in Durham I believe, they supported it in Charlotte and the public wants light rail.

Light_Rail_Revenue_Service_Campus_Event_3-16-2018_img061 by UNC Charlotte Official Flickr, on Flickr

CATS, Light Rail by UNC Charlotte Official Flickr, on Flickr

I don't see this kind of reception over roads...
It works in Charlotte only because the downtown core supports over 100,000 jobs.

Rain, heat resulting in sweating, and laziness to walk even 500ft will limit an overwhelming switch-over by the public in the Triangle that doesn't have the concentrated core like Charlotte.

For Charlotte downtown commuters it is a pleasant upgrade from driving in with tens of thousands of cars converging & parking in city center.

Last edited by architect77; 03-23-2018 at 03:57 PM..

Old 03-23-2018, 05:40 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,446,723 times
RALEIGHSOCIAL you are correct.
Wake County is 857 sq. miles-865 of land and 22 of water (2%) has 12 towns and cities
Mecklenburg county is 546 sq. miles -524 land and 22 sq. miles of water (4%) 5 towns and cities in Mecklenburg.

You are correct Wake will have the larges county population and Mecklenburg will have the largest city in population.

I do not see any other county in NC to over take Mecklenburg or Wake any time soon.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:52 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,521,733 times
A little off topic aren't we people?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:14 PM

7,080 posts, read 12,369,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
A little off topic aren't we people?
My wife and I are doing a trip up to Raleigh next month for a weekend. Should we stay at a hotel at North Hills or downtown hotel; also what are some good new local restaurants we should try?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:15 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,521,733 times
I personally like the hotels in Midtown better than Downtown. My favorite being the AC Hotel. I'd say the reverse as far as restaurants go. At least when looking for local choices. I may be overlooking something,but I'm pretty sure Midtown is almost entirely chain restaurants. Most if not all you'd find in Charlotte. One exception would be the Yard House.

The Marriott and Sheraton downtown are the only two hotels I've personally stayed at. Marriott is better IMO. I've stay at the Double Tree on Hillsborough St, I wouldn't recommend it.

Since you're a Downtown guy I'll put on my Downtown tour guide hat. I'd start with a movie at Marbles IMAX. We saw Black Panther there a couple of weeks ago Awesome. Dinner at ORO I've been there two or three times,very nice. The chef is very cool. After dinner have a drink a Fox's right across the street. I'm usually done at this point. But if you still have a little gas in your tank. I'd walk down to the Box Car in the Warehouse District. On my way to Glenwood South. This is a considerable amount of walking. My wife and I have done it n a couple of occasions. Actually throw in a stop at Whiskey Kitchen cool place. When you get to Glenwood. Carolina Ale house. On the way to the Raleigh Beer Garden.

Let me know how it goes.

Ironically we'll be in Charlotte this coming weekend. For once we're not staying in Southpark. We're staying Uptown at the Courtyard. We have reservations at Flemings also. Let this be our little secret. I love that place,a chain lol. My favorite one is the Uptown Charlotte location lol. I actually stayed Uptown at the Westin on New Years Eve. It was too cold for me though. We caught a glimpse of the fireworks,that's about it.What's new in the Queen City. A nice bar,similar to Crave. That's in walking distance of our hotel?

Btw we'll be in Greensboro the first weekend in May. Hopefully we can check out the new entertainment complex at Four Seasons. What's new in Downtown Greensboro?

We all can fight it out about who's city is the best in another thread. I actually enjoy visiting all of NC's city's.That's actually the point of this thread.

So if we could please stay on topic, thanks in advance
https://www.google.com/search?q=best...istate=lrl:xpd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.