Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 06:47 AM

459 posts, read 374,584 times

Advertisements

DPK, I just like to see Charlotte485 get worked up. I'm originally from Charlotte myself but heaven forbid you post anything not related to Charlotte under the watchful eyes of Charlotte485.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:00 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,405,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
DPK, I just like to see Charlotte485 get worked up. I'm originally from Charlotte myself but heaven forbid you post anything not related to Charlotte under the watchful eyes of Charlotte485.

You’re not getting me worked up. I just think your opinion on Raleigh getting a flight to China is stupid. Most aviation people would.

The odds GSO gets Amazon HQ2 is much higher than a China-RAL flight in 7 years.

Amsterdam & Iceland can work from Raleigh.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,036,097 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...884&j=79417881

555 Mangum project going vertical beginning of the year.

Really nice video showing the project off a bit in this link 555 Mangum Street​ - Home

Btw. Anyone know the timeline on One City Center?

Old 12-31-2017, 05:40 AM

6,164 posts, read 7,243,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...884&j=79417881

555 Mangum project going vertical beginning of the year.

Really nice video showing the project off a bit in this link 555 Mangum Street​ - Home

Btw. Anyone know the timeline on One City Center?

Certainly adds new height to downtown Durham. Would have been nice if it were taller. One City Center will be 300 feet tall so it won't be as tall as the 356 foot tall University Tower outside of downtown. By comparison downtown Greensboro's tallest building is 374 feet tall, the Wells Fargo Tower in Winston-Salem is 460 feet tall and the PNC tower in Raleigh is 538 feet tall. If the developers had included a hotel in One City Center, it certainly would have topped the University Tower.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-31-2017 at 05:50 AM..

Old 12-31-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Certainly adds new height to downtown Durham. Would have been nice if it were taller. One City Center will be 300 feet tall so it won't be as tall as the 356 foot tall University Tower outside of downtown. By comparison downtown Greensboro's tallest building is 374 feet tall, the Wells Fargo Tower in Winston-Salem is 460 feet tall and the PNC tower in Raleigh is 538 feet tall. If the developers had included a hotel in One City Center, it certainly would have topped the University Tower.
That’s true but it’s presence looks massive! It seems a lot taller then 300ft. Either way it’s a nice tower. I just wonder when it’s supposed to be done. Seems like they’ve been working on it forever and the exterior glass still isn’t completed.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:37 AM

808 posts, read 692,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Just as with Charlotte and Raleigh, as more and more downtown parcels are scooped up and developed, the projects will get bigger and better. I've heard there's a height limit in Durham, although I'm not sure if that's a fixed thing or not.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
Just as with Charlotte and Raleigh, as more and more downtown parcels are scooped up and developed, the projects will get bigger and better. I've heard there's a height limit in Durham, although I'm not sure if that's a fixed thing or not.
Yeah I think there is one but I’m not sure if there is a hard cap or just zoning limits that can be changed upon request simliar to Raleigh’s current rules.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:10 AM

808 posts, read 692,632 times
Does anyone in Charlotte know what's going on with the South Village at Scaleybark project? Those lots have been sitting empty for as long as I can remember. Seems like it's in a great location right next to the Scaleybark light rail station.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/4609...easing-retail/

Old 12-31-2017, 11:46 AM

7,078 posts, read 12,363,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
Does anyone in Charlotte know what's going on with the South Village at Scaleybark project? Those lots have been sitting empty for as long as I can remember. Seems like it's in a great location right next to the Scaleybark light rail station.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/4609...easing-retail/
As of last week, it appears that the townhomes at the southwest corner of Clanton and South Blvd are going up. There's also a "new look" being implemented at the old shopping center on the east side of Scaleybark Station. It is obvious that big changes are on the way to areas south of New Bern. The big question is will this development trend continue south toward Woodlawn and Tyvola?

Old 12-31-2017, 12:57 PM

6,164 posts, read 7,243,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Yeahhh idk about likely. The N&O site sold for the most money in Raleighs history and the previous buyers were already going to request a zoning for 40 floors before their deal fell through. No word yet on what the new developers have planned but they have stated they would like to get under way soon. We'll probably see a rendering by february. Very possible we're going to either be looking at a new tallest or multiple tower project, or both.

But yeah i guess there will just be a lot of variables as to how project 561 actually works out. PNC tower also has built in parking as well. And though its spire is a good size. Carroll would have to be making up for a lot more with his crown.
I don't know if these zoning rules passed or not, the article is from 2015. If true I think it would be a mistake to limit the height of new construction towers at 40 stories or 500 feet tall along Fayetteville Street and the limit is 20 stories outside of that.

Raleigh considers new downtown height limits, peaking at 40 floors | News & Observer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina