Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:49 AM

610 posts, read 3,015,515 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Fayetteville and I left when I was 18. I come back every year to see my family. Every time I come back, I get depressed.

Fayetteville is nothing more than a bunch of "crap" put together. The city is not visually appealing and the crime rate is high. For the most part, the people there are not real classy and they lack couth, manners, education, ethics, etc. The school system is also horrible. When I was in high school, I felt like I was in some type of daycare center. The quality of instruction in school is not great and most of the teachers are nothing more than a bunch of babysitters until 3:15PM.

I'm not the only person that feels this way about Fayetteville.

My last piece of advice is to stay out of Fayetteville if you are a young professional looking for a place that offers a goo quality of life. I can guarantee you that you will not find what you are looking for in Fayetteville. Fayetteville is nothing more than a bunch of nobodies in a hurry to get nowhere!

BTW the dating scene is horrible too. All of the women there are looking to marry some Army guy.

I know someone on this forum always will say, " I would never live anywhere else in American except Fayetteville." Well let me ask you this. Have you ever been to any other cities or towns in America other than the cities or towns near Fayetteville? I don't think you have...

Here is something else to think about. Why does Boise, Idaho have a population larger than Fayetteville but it has a lower crime rate Fayetteville. Or why does Fort Collins, Colorado have a lower crime rate a higher quality of living than Fayetteville?

Fayetteville STINKS, period.

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 12:46 AM..

Old 10-23-2010, 08:57 AM

572 posts, read 1,610,588 times
I wouldn't paint Fayetteville as quite that bad but I grew up there and left when I turned 21. I moved back for 3 months to help my parents start a new business in 2000 and I absolutely hated it. I have friends that moved back to Fayetteville after college and they like it just fine. Personally I don't see the appeal but to each his own.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:37 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Wrong forum. This belongs in the Raleigh forum. It is interesting that someone would associate Fayetteville with ENC though.

I do agree. I've been to F-vulle several times and except for the downtown area I wasn't impressed.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 13,809 times
coming from Nevada, fayetteville has not rendered the best impression upon me. when i first moved here in 2006 i was turned off by the lack of culture, lack of recreational activities, dismal restaurant choices, and lackluster colleges as well as lackluster people. but like any city it is what you make it. there are some things to do and intelligent people here if you bother to go out and find them. my activites are relegated to the downtown area which boasts a few decent restaurants, an arthouse movie theater,coffee shops and art galleries. Some of my favorite restaurants are blue moon cafe (wine and tapas), mcduffs tea room, mash house, gyro city grill, bombay bistro and hilltop house. the mall here has a very bare bones basic shop selection so i usually end up going to raleigh to shop. however i have acquired many great finds in antique shops and thrift stores around town. However the unemployment rate is very high here, the public school system here is terrible and most of the cultural happenings here only occur downtown (folk festival, dogwood festival, arts council). Over the years I have also become a bit less judgmental and have been more tolerant. this has allowed me to connect with more people here regardless of their background. It's easy to judge people if you don't know their stories. You have to look diligently to find the good that fayetteville has to offer.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM

805 posts, read 2,004,732 times
Just as an observer..... unless I miss my guess..... heeha just seems to be a very unhappy individual about his/her early years on this earth, which happened to occur in Fayetteville...... but again, maybe I'm wrong.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:12 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
My step-daughter just moved away from Fayetteville. I hated visiting her because it was so drab and ugly of a place, the town not her home. Fayetteville is known as the sewer of NC for a reason although they do have a nice hospital.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:58 PM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Isn't fayetteville a big army town?

Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM

983 posts, read 3,987,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Isn't fayetteville a big army town?
Yes...home to the 82nd Airborne and the 18th Airborne Corp, and Special Forces.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:11 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Just as an observer..... unless I miss my guess..... heeha just seems to be a very unhappy individual about his/her early years on this earth, which happened to occur in Fayetteville...... but again, maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, you are right. I had the misfortune of growing up in Fayetteville.

I wish I had grown up in a town that actually has a good feel to it like Fort Collins, CO or Boise, ID.

Fayetteville is just a crappy place to live. It was voted by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 10 worst places to raise a family in America in 2007. The school system is horrible; it is nothing more than a day care until 3:15PM.

It just seems like a lot of the people who live there are undesirables. A lot of high school dropouts, druggies, prostitutes, gang bangers, etc, hang around Fayetteville. I know every town has problems but Fayetteville is beyond help. There just isn't anything appealing about the place. It's basically a bunch of strip malls, low income housing, fast food joints, and churches.

I will be glad when my family moves in a few years. Then I won't have to come to Fayetteville to visit them.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
I think we may have actually found the worst place in NC. Not a single person is defending it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina