Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM

30 posts, read 61,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
It's even in the 4th grade Social Studies text book (NC History) that we're included in the Coastal Plain.
you guys are getting technical with the "coastal plain region"

what I meant was, Fayettville is not near the ocean so it isnt "a coastal town"

I dont think Fayettville has a tourist season like we do in the Wilmington area.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM

118 posts, read 279,465 times
^^^ Agreed. How can anyone call Fayetteville a coastal town? Check a state map- it isn't anywhere NEAR the coast! I'ts in the middle of the state.......

Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM

983 posts, read 3,990,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold978 View Post
^^^ Agreed. How can anyone call Fayetteville a coastal town? Check a state map- it isn't anywhere NEAR the coast! I'ts in the middle of the state.......
Not quite in the middle of the state...I can be at the ocean in a hour and a half.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM

133 posts, read 412,632 times
LOL.

Of course Fayetteville isn't a coastal town but the city is located on the western part of the coastal plain region.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,268,304 times
There are three regions of the state: mountains, piedmont and coastal plains. Fayetteville is located in the third region.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,109,946 times
Sorry but Fayetteville is in the Raleigh Durham DMA or demographic market area. That Wikipedia article shouldn't be taken as gospel. The author can't even make up her mind whether there's 40 or 41 counties in Eastern Carolina. If it's west of 95 then Raleigh can have it.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 AM

10 posts, read 29,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
There are three regions of the state: mountains, piedmont and coastal plains. Fayetteville is located in the third region.
More like the terd region. Fayetteville is horrible. Fayetteville's new slogan should be "All the problems of a big city without any of the benefits!" Plenty of traffic, crime, and a local government that would make Kwame Kilpatrick proud, with the culture and entertainment availability of your typical american suburb.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM

499 posts, read 1,529,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post
I grew up in Fayetteville and I left when I was 18. I come back every year to see my family. Every time I come back, I get depressed.

Fayetteville is nothing more than a bunch of "crap" put together. The city is not visually appealing and the crime rate is high. For the most part, the people there are not real classy and they lack couth, manners, education, ethics, etc. The school system is also horrible. When I was in high school, I felt like I was in some type of daycare center. The quality of instruction in school is not great and most of the teachers are nothing more than a bunch of babysitters until 3:15PM.

I'm not the only person that feels this way about Fayetteville.

My last piece of advice is to stay out of Fayetteville if you are a young professional looking for a place that offers a goo quality of life. I can guarantee you that you will not find what you are looking for in Fayetteville. Fayetteville is nothing more than a bunch of nobodies in a hurry to get nowhere!

BTW the dating scene is horrible too. All of the women there are looking to marry some Army guy.

I know someone on this forum always will say, " I would never live anywhere else in American except Fayetteville." Well let me ask you this. Have you ever been to any other cities or towns in America other than the cities or towns near Fayetteville? I don't think you have...

Here is something else to think about. Why does Boise, Idaho have a population larger than Fayetteville but it has a lower crime rate Fayetteville. Or why does Fort Collins, Colorado have a lower crime rate a higher quality of living than Fayetteville?

Fayetteville STINKS, period.
This is a HORRIBLE thread filled with classic trolls and negativity influenced by people's own personal shortcomings.

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 12:47 AM..

Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 AM

159 posts, read 259,335 times
OK, I read the posts on fayettville, and will not consider it. I am looking for a small retirement town where i can afford homes and taxes, and can zip to a lake for a swim. A town that is not necessarily where people move for jobs.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:33 PM

983 posts, read 3,990,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schil View Post
OK, I read the posts on fayettville, and will not consider it. I am looking for a small retirement town where i can afford homes and taxes, and can zip to a lake for a swim. A town that is not necessarily where people move for jobs.
Don't let a bunch of idiots change your mind. Fayetteville, just like any other place, is what you put into it. If you only look for the negative, that's all you'll find. But Fayetteville is a growing, cultural part of our wonderful state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina