Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 11:05 AM

1,462 posts, read 660,881 times

Advertisements

How do you feel about getting a dog? Of course you get one because you want one but the extra bonus might be helping with the Mrs. Kravitz' situation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 11:16 AM

2,056 posts, read 997,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
If you are honestly looking for suggestions and not just wanting people to side with you here are mine.

#1 Stop talking on the phone on your porch. The sound carries. It is annoying.

#2 Make an effort to bring your social gatherings inside at 8 or 9. You are not doing anything considerate by obeying the law and bringing them inside at 10. You are doing the bare minimum required by law. Besides you are still generating alot of noise after that. Your guests have to leave and are likely talking loudly outside. What time are they leaving? 11, 12? They are slamming the car doors shut and driving away. Some may even drive loud trucks. All of your neighbors are likely annoyed by this if they are trying to sleep. They are just suffering in silence or want to avoid confrontation.

#3 If you are watching TV show with your windows open then everyone can hear it. If you have a TV on your porch move it inside. If you are watching TV with the windows open close them. No one wants to overhear someone else's TV shows.

Your neighbor is trying to tell you that she can hear your phone conversations, she can hear your tv, the parties are too loud, last too late, and are too frequent. It is likely the only reason she keeps trying to talk to you. She is trying to get the message across that your life is intruding on their peace and quiet. If you want to be considerate you have to change your behavior, not just keep doing what you are doing.
A lot of baseless assumptions and projecting here.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:20 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,957,221 times
get a sprinkler and aim at her yard. everytime she comes toward your house - turn it on!

Old 05-08-2023, 11:27 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,010,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
It is normal to look out your own windows. Sometimes I look out my front window upstairs when I am dealing with something in that room and realize a neighbor across the street is also upstairs in their window. That does not make me a peeping Tina. I looked out my window. Our houses are dense and the lots are small. It's better than multi-family. But, not luxurious large lots.

I want my neighbors to look at my house and be able to distinguish when something uncharacteristic is going on. That's a safety feature in my book.

They don't like her and are reading more into things? I don't think she should enter their property. She does sound odd at a minimum.
Looking at your house is one thing. Looking into your home and seeing what you're watching on TV, listening to your conversations, peeking at your daughter through the blinds , and walking into your private screened porch and garage is another.

Who doesn't like who? According to the poster they get along well with all their neighbors including Mrs. Kravitz but they are looking for an amiable way to deter the behavior.

I am curious too about the window layout and positioning of the homes. I can see ones point about looking out their window and accidentally catching their neighbor in their own window doing the same. Especially on small lots where the homes are tight.

I wonder does their living area windows line up with Mrs Kravitz living area windows. This could make a difference for sure.

Sometimes when the space it tight it is impossible not to catch sight of a neighbor if blinds are left open.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:40 AM

7,616 posts, read 3,265,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Looking at your house is one thing. Looking into your home and seeing what you're watching on TV, listening to your conversations, peeking at your daughter through the blinds , and walking into your private screened porch and garage is another.

Who doesn't like who? According to the poster they get along well with all their neighbors including Mrs. Kravitz but they are looking for an amiable way to deter the behavior.

I am curious too about the window layout and positioning of the homes. I can see ones point about looking out their window and accidentally catching their neighbor in their own window doing the same. Especially on small lots where the homes are tight.

I wonder does their living area windows line up with Mrs Kravitz living area windows. This could make a difference for sure.

Sometimes when the space it tight it is impossible not to catch sight of a neighbor if blinds are left open.
Though I hear my neighbor on either side while they are outside I cannot hear their TV or music from inside their house (and our houses are close). Even if they have their sliding glass door open I cannot hear the TV (and I know they have it fairly loud). If someone turns music on outside I then hear it.

I think it is really bizarre that the lady comes onto their property uninvited. She has become too familiar if she is doing that.

Unless you live on acreage people see you coming and going and see when you are working in your yard, washing your car and having guests. I think of it as security rather than lack of privacy. I cannot demand or expect privacy outside my home where the houses are so close together.

If you like people you make some reasonable concessions. If you just keep escalating that's not going to solve anything.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:20 PM

91 posts, read 65,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
How do you feel about getting a dog? Of course you get one because you want one but the extra bonus might be helping with the Mrs. Kravitz' situation....
Absolutely love them but sadly am terribly allergic to both dogs and cats.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post

The answer to this might explain a lot. On the side of our home that faces the Neighbors we have no windows in our main living areas that face their house. The windows in our kitchen, great room and master bedroom look out onto our back yard not their side , we have a bank of windows that are along a hallway that leads to our laundry and mud room and garage that are on their side of the house.
All of our living areas downstairs the windows look out onto our backyard. This includes our master bedroom and family room. Our formal dining room , a second bedroom an office and our entry are on the front of our home. Our family room quite literally sits in the Center of our home so to view the TV from outside you must be looking through our rear windows. Mrs kravitz would have to be standing in our backyard or standing at the very back of her yard and looking in from a small angle view. I would imagine.

Their home has a couple windows on the side facing my home . I’m not sure what they are assigned to but I’m guessing bedrooms and bathrooms. Their upstairs window looks directly into our hallways windows.

When my daughter said Mrs Kravitz was peeking at her through the blinds it was downstairs hallways windows when my daughter was taking her laundry to the laundry room.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Though I hear my neighbor on either side while they are outside I cannot hear their TV or music from inside their house (and our houses are close). Even if they have their sliding glass door open I cannot hear the TV (and I know they have it fairly loud). If someone turns music on outside I then hear it.

I think it is really bizarre that the lady comes onto their property uninvited. She has become too familiar if she is doing that.

Unless you live on acreage people see you coming and going and see when you are working in your yard, washing your car and having guests. I think of it as security rather than lack of privacy. I cannot demand or expect privacy outside my home where the houses are so close together.

If you like people you make some reasonable concessions. If you just keep escalating that's not going to solve anything.

Yes , this! Where our families great room sits it is not even on their side of our home but rather in the Center. Our Neighbors on the other side have a TV on their screen porch and we never hear that TV even when we are sitting outside. We don’t hear the Neighbors behind us either. We do hear them when they are out in their pool. But it’s not intrusive to us.

We don’t keep our windows open. We live in a hot humid climate that when it’s finally warm enough to want your windows open you’re running your AC. Winter it’s too cold.

I almost feel like in our neighborhood if you want to hear your Neighbors you would pretty much have to be nosy and intrusive to do so.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
I'm not sure that sitting down this clueless woman and being direct with her will do much of anything. It is unlikely to do any good and will probably only lead to her being more resentful and engaging in more funky behavior. Husband will side with the wife as she gives her "interpretation" of the OP's talk. I would still decrease all contact with her other than quick social greetings. Do you really want to start anything with this neighbor? She is not reasonable at all.

Thanks for all your updates and clarifications OP. Wish I could offer some suggestions for the property invasion. Sadly do you think she's part of the reason the other owners of your home decided to sell?
We are the original owners of our home. The Kravitz moved in after us. The owners on the other side of them are newer. Mrs kravitz has made mention to me that they “aren’t friendly”. I’ve not met them yet and don’t buy into idle gossip. A lovely family with 3 kids lived there prior to them and I know Mrs Kravitz took issue with the boys always playing basketball in the driveway and the balls rolling into her yard. That’s as far as I choose to go with neighbor issues. We stay in our lane. So to answer your question, no we don’t want to start anything at all. That’s not who we are. But I’m not sure , hence my post, on what to do with someone who is being aggressively intrusive.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I wonder if the neighbors on the other side of Kravitz get the same attention.
They are newer. Only have lived there about 8 months at most. Mrs Kravitz told me they aren’t friendly. We haven’t met them yet .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships