Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2023, 12:32 PM

7,672 posts, read 3,301,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I agree! I feel like that is dangerous and erratic behavior.

Original Poster, how long have you "known" this neighbor? I mean how much do you really know about her/them?

I feel alarmed for you! Like I am getting a psychological thriller movie vibe from this now.
I mean, there could be something seriously wrong with her...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 12:42 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I mean, there could be something seriously wrong with her...
Well of course there is something seriously wrong with her. No one normal does any of this. The question is to what degree is her crazy level on?

Some others have commented on the possibility of dementia. Maybe it's as simple as that and she is wandering?

I would assume if it is dementia she is doing this to other neighbors too. I don't think, and I could be wrong, that people with dementia have enough wear the all to choose one person to repeatedly stalk.

Original poster, I know you said you "stay in your lane", but I think it might be worth asking some other neighbors if they have had an issue with Mrs. Kravitz venturing onto their property.

She may not only be annoying but she may actually be a danger to others and herself.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:49 PM

7,672 posts, read 3,301,256 times
Quote:
Well of course there is something seriously wrong with her. No one normal does any of this. The question is to what degree is her crazy level on?

Some others have commented on the possibility of dementia. Maybe it's as simple as that and she is wandering?

I would assume if it is dementia she is doing this to other neighbors too. I don't think, and I could be wrong, that people with dementia have enough wear the all to choose one person to repeatedly stalk.

Original poster, I know you said you "stay in your lane", but I think it might be worth asking some other neighbors if they have had an issue with Mrs. Kravitz venturing onto their property.

She may not only be annoying but she may actually be a danger to others and herself.

I think you may have confused me with another poster.

I had a woman knock on my door at 3 a.m. and insist on coming in. It was bizarre. She did not seem drunk. I kept telling her no and then I shut and locked the door. But, I went upstairs and could see she was going door to door. So, I called 911. They actually called me back and they think she had taken a sleeping pill or something and got disoriented. They drove her home.

Yes, we don't know how much of a nut job she is at this juncture... She might also be on drugs... ...or something; some other cognitive impairment.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:54 PM

5,667 posts, read 3,174,274 times
Quote:
I think you may have confused me with another poster.

I had a woman knock on my door at 3 a.m. and insist on coming in. It was bizarre. She did not seem drunk. I kept telling her no and then I shut and locked the door. But, I went upstairs and could see she was going door to door. So, I called 911. They actually called me back and they think she had taken a sleeping pill or something and got disoriented. They drove her home.

Yes, we don't know how much of a nut job she is at this juncture... She might also be on drugs... ...or something; some other cognitive impairment.
Some people who've taken Ambien have been known to walk and drive in their sleep. I have a friend who deals with insomnia sometimes, and would sometimes take an ambien. It made him do a lot of weird stuff, come to find out, so he doesn't use it anymore.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:26 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Some people who've taken Ambien have been known to walk and drive in their sleep. I have a friend who deals with insomnia sometimes, and would sometimes take an ambien. It made him do a lot of weird stuff, come to find out, so he doesn't use it anymore.
Ive heard of this too. That Ambien is some crazy stuff.

If this was a one off I would consider it being something like this. IMO this in combination with Mrs. Kravitz other behaviors makes me think it isn't a sleeping medication. It could be drugs though, possibly. Can't you usually tell if someone is jacked up on drugs though?

Old 05-10-2023, 01:31 PM

1,462 posts, read 662,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalElegance View Post
I want to thank everyone who gave me ideas on how to approach the situation.

Due to an occurance that happened last night my husband and I will be speaking to them both Friday.

I won’t leave you in the dark on this one.

We have an alarm system on our home. We don’t use it on a regular basis. We live in a safe area however we have it for one reason and one reason only. My husband travels about 6x a year for business give or take. I don’t like being home alone when he isn’t here. Our bedroom is on the first level of the house and I just never sleep well when he was on one of his business trips. We had the alarm installed and I use it when he is out of town. As I said that doesn’t happen often but I feel better having it and sleep better with it when he is gone.

Last night I set the alarm at around 9:00pm. I settled down to binge watch some TV. At 10:52 pm I got an alert on my phone that the backyard camera had detected someone. I immediately logged into my app but I got a message saying the backyard camera had an error and couldn’t bring up the video/photo. I was trying to decide whether I should call the police, call a neighbor friend and have her husband come over or just assume it was an error when my husband called.

My husband said he had gotten the alert . Our system is set up so that it sends the photo to his email. When he looked at the email it showed what we are 99% positive is Mrs Kravitz in our back yard.

I say 99% positive because if anyone has seen a photo from these systems they aren’t the clearest.

I can’t tell you the absolute sick feeling that came over me when my husband said it was her.

We contemplated calling the police but decided that we will speak to the husband and her when my husband returns on Fridaon'ty.
I agree with you not calling the police and waiting for your husband to return on Friday to speak with your neighbors. That would be my course of action at this point, too. Good luck. I'm sure it won't be an easy conversation to say the least. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:37 PM

5,667 posts, read 3,174,274 times
This all reminds me of a recurrent dream I have sometimes. I dream that I'm poking around in someone else's home, apartment, etc, while they're not home or they're sleeping, or whatever. I'm just being nosy (and yes, creepy). I'm not interested in stealing, I'm just walking around their place. And in the dream, I always come super close to getting caught, but I always wake myself up before that happens.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:39 PM

91 posts, read 65,937 times
Quote:
Ummm I am with you!

Original poster

Enough is enough. Call the police!

Seriously is there a reason you chose not to call the police?

Curious, what was she doing?

She came through a locked gate? (you had said prior you were now locking the gate)

You can still call the police. It's not too late. You have the photo. Just say after sleeping on it you decided it best for the police to handle the situation. Call their non emergency number. They will send someone out.

We felt like we wanted to speak to them, especially with the husband present before we called the police. As I’ve said they are nice people and good Neighbors save for the intrusion of her.

If this is caused by something involving her health we want to save them any humiliation having police show up might cause.

The gate that is on the side where their home is we’ve locked. We have a second gate on the other side of our home that we don’t lock. Today I went ahead and placed a lock on this gate too , just in case . I’m assuming this is how she got in the yard. I would be surprised if she was able to climb the fence.

The security photo just caught her walking on the back patio. Where she was going or what she was doing I don’t know.

My husband and I are going to speak to them. We are going to show them the photo and then let them know that our yard and home are private. Although it will be painful we are going to mention that she has crossed numerous boundaries on many occasions and that we now feel uncomfortable . Maybe even tell them that if this happens again we will go ahead and let the alarm company send out the police.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
If that's her; that is completely nuts.
Yes it is nuts! After this and dementia being brought up I am convincing myself it is a mental issue.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I agree! I feel like that is dangerous and erratic behavior.

Original Poster, how long have you "known" this neighbor? I mean how much do you really know about her/them?

I feel alarmed for you! Like I am getting a psychological thriller movie vibe from this now.
Hey don’t freak me out LOL!

They have lived next to us around 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships