Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,231,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Fee fi fo fum...I smell millenials....
I was just thinking how odd it was for someone that is 25 to be considered a child. Seems like childhoods last a lot longer now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's #2.

If they follow my plan with an interest rate it would make no sense for the parents to disagree. The tough lovers get their rocks off, the folks make $, and the girl gets punished.

I hope she asks them cuz I'd love to see the answer.
Eff punishment, etc.

It is well past time for that at her age.

The parents have done their job - they need to quit trying to teach her lessons.

Either give the money or don't. None of this "If you had done what I said" b.s.

Op, you made your own bed. THe fact that you are complaining that your parents won't fork over dough just cuz you said so speaks volumes.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:41 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,025,349 times
I think that stinks, it's $600 for 3 weeks, that's not an insane amount of money, specially if they have no mortgage.

Sounds like there answer is no, so I guess you have to find the money elsewhere or ask your clients for your money. I agree with a contract that says 30 days max and late fees after that.

BTW maybe you should spend your money elsewhere instead of traveling to see them, tell them you can't afford it.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,426,685 times
Quote:
Eff punishment, etc.

It is well past time for that at her age.

The parents have done their job - they need to quit trying to teach her lessons.

Either give the money or don't. None of this "If you had done what I said" b.s.

Op, you made your own bed. THe fact that you are complaining that your parents won't fork over dough just cuz you said so speaks volumes.
I only agree with you to a certain point. The interest rate idea is to shut up the tough lovers.

The problem is the parents really have no reason not to lend it to her (that we know of) aside from punishment.

I've borrowed money from friends and family, offered interest, got told you're crazy. My family and friends have borrowed money from me as well. I wouldn't dream of charging interest.

This speaks more to the relationship people have with money rather than each other.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM

725 posts, read 1,503,596 times
Quote:
I only agree with you to a certain point. The interest rate idea is to shut up the tough lovers.

The problem is the parents really have no reason not to lend it to her (that we know of) aside from punishment.

I've borrowed money from friends and family, offered interest, got told you're crazy. My family and friends have borrowed money from me as well. I wouldn't dream of charging interest.

This speaks more to the relationship people have with money rather than each other.
Agree! I think most people skimmed through the OPs original post. They stated they graduated from school "and they (OP's parents) stopped supporting me". It's not like they've been living off their parents money since then, it sounds like a one time request for money, that they are planning on paying back!

For the person who suggested saving money in a high yield fund, please post the name of the fund, I would love to hear of a high paying fund.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,830,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
$600.00 I'd lend (give) to my daughter in a heart beat....
Maybe you could adopt the OP.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
I think that stinks, it's $600 for 3 weeks, that's not an insane amount of money, specially if they have no mortgage.

Sounds like there answer is no, so I guess you have to find the money elsewhere or ask your clients for your money. I agree with a contract that says 30 days max and late fees after that.

BTW maybe you should spend your money elsewhere instead of traveling to see them, tell them you can't afford it.
Amen.

We have such a sick and twisted relationship with money it creates these illogical situations.

My sister, who has done more for me than I could ever imagine, recently asked to borrow $300. I don't have $300. So what did I do? I freakin gave her $300. Not loan, GAVE. Yeah, I'm gonna be f'd up a bit come the end of this month but I don't care. I just can't stand these little mind games people play.

So...anyone got $300 I can borrow?

Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,830,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrala View Post
1) Never. Although I had a job and a steady (but low) income, I kept living in a shared apartment. I never made expensive holidays or bought expensive stuff. I never lived over my limits.

2) No. Their debts for the house is paid and they go on vacation many times a year, to fancy places. As I said, they're not rich but they def have money on the side, properties and a great income.

3) A little bit, but I could never pay much because it's a very low paid job.

4) No. I talk to them almost every day and never about things like money. I visit them many times a year. I make them presents.

... and by the way, we're talking about lending me like 600$, not more.
If you are age 25, your parents are 7 years past their financial obligations for you. You seem to be a bit overly interested in their financial situation. I would never have suggested to my dad or mom that they give or loan me money.

Get a second job at least until you get ahead.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:54 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times
Quote:

Ier.
No one has to "have a reason" besides "I don't want to."

Why is that so hard to understand?
They are not personal ATMs.

Yes, I give money to lots of people.
But they not entitled to it EVER.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
No one has to "have a reason" besides "I don't want to."

Why is that so hard to understand?
They are not personal ATMs.

Yes, I give money to lots of people.
But they not entitled to it EVER.
Uh, I'm not saying they have to give a reason. They offered one. That's why I suggested the interest idea cuz it negates the reason.

If they said no and didn't want to disclose why that's fine.

The point here isn't the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships