Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 12,835 times

Advertisements

So I just got my papers back and they gave me a list of projects to pick from but i'm not sure of which is the best choice or the safest..

Heres my choices :
Queens : Latimer Gardens, Queens bridge south, South Jamaica, Beach 41st, Ocean Bay
Brooklyn :Gravesend, Howard, Hughes apartments, Ingersoll, Kingsborough, Low, Pink, Red Hook east & west, Tilden, Tompkins, Unity plaza, Van Dyke and Whitman

Anyone know anything about these buildings? If so, which would be my best choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,293,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarter View Post
So I just got my papers back and they gave me a list of projects to pick from but i'm not sure of which is the best choice or the safest..

Heres my choices :
Queens : Latimer Gardens, Queens bridge south, South Jamaica, Beach 41st, Ocean Bay
Brooklyn :Gravesend, Howard, Hughes apartments, Ingersoll, Kingsborough, Low, Pink, Red Hook east & west, Tilden, Tompkins, Unity plaza, Van Dyke and Whitman

Anyone know anything about these buildings? If so, which would be my best choice?
Hmmm...well right off the bat I can tell you to avoid South Jamaica, Pink Houses, Tompkins, Tilden, Howard, Van Dyke, & Beach 41st. Heard Gravesend (Coney Island) & Red Hook has changed for the better, but the brooklynites on the board can tell you better than I can. Queensbridge might work, there's been a heavier police presence/enforcement as of late, as well as a lot gentrification going on. I can't vouch for the other pj's, but its funny that most of the BK projects on that list seem to be in Brownsville, which is one of the worst areas of NYC.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM

317 posts, read 1,145,034 times
Personally I would say Latimer Gardens, Walt Whitman or Ingersoll might be the best choices... of course it also depends on where you work, spend time and such.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM

34,142 posts, read 47,382,855 times
Quote:

Heres my choices :

queens pick latimer gardens the rest are crap

brooklyn they are all crap its like picking how to commit suicide...sorry no better way to put it...but if you really had to choose i would go between gravesend or fort greene (ingersoll/whitman). if you really want a decent housing project in brooklyn, pick any one in williamsburg, or sheepshead bay houses, nostrand houses and marlboro houses.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,233,246 times
Quote:

Heres my choices :

Queensbridge is the best of all. They are quiet compared to the others. And the its in LIC/Astoria...close to the city. Also, the buildings are only 6 stories high.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM

34,142 posts, read 47,382,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Queensbridge is the best of all. They are quiet compared to the others. And the its in LIC/Astoria...close to the city. Also, the buildings are only 6 stories high.
yeah but the elevators only stop on odd floors....so how good is that if you live on 4 or 6 lol....still gotta walk up a flight. queensbridge has a serious rat problem in most the buildings on the vernon blvd side too...as for crime, i wouldnt say its as bad as 40 or anything in the rockaways but not by much. still got plenty of drug and gang issues there.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-26-2010, 05:41 PM

317 posts, read 1,145,034 times
Queensbridge is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still not good, particularly at night... The location is convenient, though.

Like SeventhFloor said, Latimer is easily the best one on that list. Personally I might go with Whitman or Ingersoll just because I work near there and it would be convenient for ME, but of course that's irrelevant to the OP.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,835 times
Thanks for all the replies, i choose latimer gardens !

Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,687 times
Hello,I currently live in Tilden Houses in Brownsville but I have been accepted to a bigger apartment, and I want to try another development which is the best in Brooklyn to chose from.Thanks.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 AM

267 posts, read 1,034,449 times
Read post #4 above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City