Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 AM

8 posts, read 47,274 times

Advertisements

Definitely Red Hook. I pratically grew up there, my grandmother lives there still. i was living in far rockaway , in wavecrest gardens and recently moved upstate. Even though wavecrest is not NYCHA, let me tell you Red Hook is a far more better environment. Ofcourse back in the 80's and 90's it was on fire, with drugs and crime but come on, that was all over the place in NYC, thanks to bloomburg it has died down. Now it has changed so much! Infact most NYCHA developments have. Red Hook's neighborhood school PS 15 has been an A+ school for years now, and the community has a garden, the park, and AN IKEA! you see people of many races there, not just your average black, and hispanic race living there anymore. Im telling you Red Hook has changed alot and it is a great place live, with your neighboring park slope. I would choose Red Hook for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,394 times
Ingersoll and Whitman have a long waiting list, many apartaments are vacant and apparently under renovation.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 AM

13 posts, read 33,102 times
damn its a lot of section 8 people in this city

Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 AM

461 posts, read 2,002,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_E_Mike202 View Post
damn its a lot of section 8 people in this city

Lol. Tell me about it. This is one of the reasons why we have so many ghetto people in NY because of programs like section 8 that help lazy, low class ghetto people stay put in NY. Therefore a hardship is really never created that under normal circumstances would of forced these ghetto to move to other LESS expensive states. Which is the way it should be.

Last edited by victorfox; 05-25-2010 at 06:00 AM..

Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

24 posts, read 86,231 times
victorfox, you disgust me. Without those "low class ghetto ass people" New York City would be GONE forever. Now its just almost gone anyhow and more of you midwestern super boring people can move in.. Its crazy that you can walk in Manhattan for 24 hours without hearing any people speaking with the accent of the city.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,524 times
Default Ingersoll

Hey I would suggest Ingersoll Houses. I wouldnt mess with the other developments on your list. I've been living in Ingersoll since May and its actually a decent place to live.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,524 times
I chose Ingersoll in April of this year and by May of this year got my keys and moved in!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 PM

98 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtorres15 View Post
I chose Ingersoll in April of this year and by May of this year got my keys and moved in!
Wow that was fast I just choose ingersoll two weeks ago...i hope i move as fast.. how r the apartment since they have been redone?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 AM

100 posts, read 249,181 times
I use to be a Housing Police Officer in Queens - the only decent project on your list is Latimer Gardens. Don't take Queensbridge, South Jamaica or anything in Rockaway - higher crime projects !!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 PM

5 posts, read 22,117 times
i recently was accepted to housing i sent back my development list with my choice being fulton houses in manhatten can anyone tell me anything they know about fulton houses and is there a long waiting list at this development
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City