Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 04:54 PM

1,486 posts, read 993,313 times

Advertisements

Head up folks. Things are taking a turn and i dont know if this is the right decision at all.
Hospitals are stopping doctors from wearing masks around COVID19 patients. Termination is the penalty.

Quote:
That first day at work, Buckalew said, she was told to take off her mask.

When she asked hospital administrators why, the reasons kept changing. First, Buckalew said she was told it was against hospital policy for health care workers to bring their own gear. Then, she said, administrators told her if she wore her own N95 mask, others would want to wear the masks as well and the hospital didn't have enough. Finally, Buckalew said, it was that CDC guidelines don't require the mask at all times.
https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/82520...-wearing-masks

Old 04-02-2020, 05:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,755,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Head up folks. Things are taking a turn and i dont know if this is the right decision at all.
Hospitals are stopping doctors from wearing masks around COVID19 patients. Termination is the penalty.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/82520...-wearing-masks
They are gonna get people killed with this stupid policy. All workers should be protected even if they had recovered from the infection. Who who are sick and ill have the most infectious coronavirus in their throat.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:16 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,089,772 times
Quote:
They are gonna get people killed with this stupid policy.
Actually, masks are used to prevent others from getting your virus, if you have it. If the doctors are healthy the masks aren't as important as you think. The sick people should be the ones wearing masks though.

Of course in NY Cuomo never ordered enough masks, he didn't plan ahead. Hence hospitals don't have enough in NYC.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:24 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,747,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Actually, masks are used to prevent others from getting your virus. If the doctors are healthy
the masks aren't as important as you think. The sick people should be the ones wearing masks.
Absolutely, the masks are extremely helpful for the infected not to spread the virus

But it turns out they help the healthy from getting it too as long as the right quality and properly fitted

Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,089,772 times
Quote:
But it turns out they help the healthy from getting it too as long as the right quality and properly fitted
Masks don't cover your eyes which are entry points. The mask covers the mouth and nose which is great, but people are placing to much faith in masks. Why didn't Cuomo order more masks for NYC in years past?

The virus spreads on objects and if it gets on a mask and the doctor touches the mask, wouldn't it end up on their hands? I'm not against masks and I believe the white house now recommends people wear masks.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:37 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,245,672 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-rules.html

Seriously? Cops should have arrested them all.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,375,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
whoa.... Michigan and Louisiana just leapfrogged over Florida,Massachusetts,Illinois and Pennsylvania in one day!
And they are just a few positive diagnoses from passing California (currently in 3rd place).

A week ago,Michigan,Louisiana and Florida were barely on the radar....now they are all surging.Georgia and Texas too. Nobody is going to knock NY out of first place but all of these states look like they might give New Jersey a run for 2nd place!

I'm not surprised to hear this. Our governor (GA) is just now putting the state in quarantine (tomorrow I believe). He said (lied) he is doing this because he found out "24 hours ago" that the virus can be spread by people who do not have symptoms. We obviously won't get anywhere near to NYC's levels due to how dense NYC is, the use public transport there, etc., but I was waiting for our numbers to spike.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:28 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,375,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Can you blame them. Many New Yorkers still aren't practicing social distancing from what I see. Alot of younger people and some foreigners(illegals) seem to be ignoring the 6ft rule.

I don't think it's a young versus old thing because I've seen older people not respect the 6 foot rule. I had to back up from someone at work today.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,994,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'm not surprised to hear this. Our governor (GA) is just now putting the state in quarantine (tomorrow I believe). He said (lied) he is doing this because he found out "24 hours ago" that the virus can be spread by people who do not have symptoms. We obviously won't get anywhere near to NYC's levels due to how dense NYC is, the use public transport there, etc., but I was waiting for our numbers to spike.

clearly he has other priorities in life other than watching and learning about this dreadful pandemic......he is only behind our president for about two weeks on this...

Old 04-02-2020, 06:55 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,994,017 times
Has anyone read this? hope the FED gets some free masks to distribute to the healthcare workers now.

Brooklyn man arrested for hoarding masks, coughing on FBI agents

A Brooklyn man claiming to be infected with the coronavirus coughed on FBI agents who were investigating him for hoarding medical supplies, the US Attorney’s Office said Monday.
Baruch Feldheim, 43, is facing charges of assault and making false statements to the feds on Sunday outside his Borough Park home where he allegedly peddled and stored massive amounts of N95 respirator masks, federal officials said.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/brookl...on-fbi-agents/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.