Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 02:16 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
This a start for China and many other countries need to follow they need ban wildlife animals or world will see another pandemic in 10 years.

Shenzhen becomes first Chinese city to ban eating cats and dogs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52131940
The wet market is something unsightly. Dogs, cats, rats, snake, bats, everything is on the menu. Caged slaughtered and chopped up, burned and served right infront of you. Imagine the horror the dogs go through locked in a cage and seeing one of them dragged out, and slaughtered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
whoa.... Michigan and Louisiana just leapfrogged over Florida,Massachusetts,Illinois and Pennsylvania in one day!
And they are just a few positive diagnoses from passing California (currently in 3rd place).

A week ago,Michigan,Louisiana and Florida were barely on the radar....now they are all surging.Georgia and Texas too. Nobody is going to knock NY out of first place but all of these states look like they might give New Jersey a run for 2nd place!
This is because the airlines are still allowing people to fly and those with money are fleeing back to where they came from. All the gentrifies who can now work from home decided to fly back home to their parents home and work from there, and they took the virus with them. I dont know about anyone else but i would not be on a plane for hours breathing the same recycled air as anyone else even if the ticket was only $20 (which most of them are right now, one was ticket on jetblue to LA is $19 last I checked).

Old 04-02-2020, 02:28 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I feel so sorry for you New Yorkers right now. I live in Pittsburgh. Our city hasn't been afflicted much (yet) by COVID-19. I have family in the Poconos, and the environment there now has become downright hostile towards New Yorkers because the spike there is being blamed (rightfully or wrongfully) on you New Yorkers fleeing there. I hope you hit your apex VERY soon!

Old 04-02-2020, 02:33 PM

1,567 posts, read 906,930 times
In the mean time (speaking of rationing healthcare and triage), those of you with premature greying of the hair might want to grab some nice dark brown hair dye on your next foray into the market.

Old 04-02-2020, 02:34 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,399 times
Quote:
I have family in the Poconos, and the environment there now has become downright hostile towards New Yorkers because the spike there is being blamed (rightfully or wrongfully) on you New Yorkers fleeing there

Can you blame them. Many New Yorkers still aren't practicing social distancing from what I see. Alot of younger people and some foreigners(illegals) seem to be ignoring the 6ft rule.

Old 04-02-2020, 02:40 PM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
When enough people run out of money, the lockdown will end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
yeah,..Not a food shortage. A money to buy food shortage. With everyone locked down and laid off and businesses closed people running out of money.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:15 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
Mayor says wear something to cover your face.
School will feed adults 11:30-1:30

Old 04-02-2020, 03:35 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3333 View Post
Flushing and surrounding Northeast Queens is one of the least affected community in NYC. Chinese community is much more prepared than the rest of the city
Yeah. They were the first to wear face masks and was on high alert mid January.
They got the bad news from China. My first post on this was Jan. 24th when I first started seeing the young wear face masks at the gym. You know it's serious when you see young people wearing them. And while on the treadmill of all places.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:38 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
They showed on TV some people in Manila violating order were being put in dog cages
Did you see what they did in India? Gathered up all the migrants, got them all huddled together and then sprayed them with industrial strength disinfectant (that's usually used on buses, not people!).

Don't know what to say about that...

Old 04-02-2020, 03:52 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My niece got stopped by the cops with her NY plates on the Garden State Parkway Tuesday. She lives in Rockland County.

Don't get that one. NJ is almost as infected as you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
And what happened?
He saw that she had the firefighter shield on her plates, and she told him that she works in the medical field on both sides of the line, and that she was going to her grandmother's funeral. He just waved for her to go. She was surprised that he pulled her over with the firefighter shield, unless he didn't notice it at first. Her husband is in their local department.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:53 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Did you see what they did in India? Gathered up all the migrants, got them all huddled together and then sprayed them with industrial strength disinfectant (that's usually used on buses, not people!).

Don't know what to say about that...
They practice open defecation in some parts of India. They should do sprayed with industrial strength disinfectant to a good portion of people in India.

The most polluted river and still people drink, shower, etc on that river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCaIvPN2rY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.