Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:56 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,058,639 times

Advertisements

Now that I think about it.....The Yankee stadium renovation has really improved the southern portion of the Concourse. Even if one has never been there, that has to be assumed. So I guess the Concourse is better below 167th. IMO, the worst areas of the Concourse are the 170's/180's....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 04:35 PM

564 posts, read 1,727,688 times
I'm going to give you the stone cold truth. Yes, the area around Yankee Stadium is changing for the better, but your still going to get sh't for being White every now and then. The fact that it's gone from an atrocity of a neighborhood to a bad one isn't much of an improvement. Yes, the future for the area is bright, but you won't be seeing any other White people moving to the neighborhood in large numbers for at least a few years.

Now, I encourage you to move there. I want to see the South Bronx change, and people like you will make it change. However, I'm giving you a fair warning. No, you won't get shot for being White. But if it's ever 1 AM and your walking down the street, you'd best avoid all the teens on the corners.

If this stuff scares you, and I hope it doesn't, there are many other good neighborhoods in the Bronx. However, if you take this warning into consideration, steer clear of trouble and live your life, you will be fine.

Good luck.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
I'm going to give you the stone cold truth. Yes, the area around Yankee Stadium is changing for the better, but your still going to get sh't for being White every now and then. The fact that it's gone from an atrocity of a neighborhood to a bad one isn't much of an improvement. Yes, the future for the area is bright, but you won't be seeing any other White people moving to the neighborhood in large numbers for at least a few years.

Now, I encourage you to move there. I want to see the South Bronx change, and people like you will make it change. However, I'm giving you a fair warning. No, you won't get shot for being White. But if it's ever 1 AM and your walking down the street, you'd best avoid all the teens on the corners.

If this stuff scares you, and I hope it doesn't, there are many other good neighborhoods in the Bronx. However, if you take this warning into consideration, steer clear of trouble and live your life, you will be fine.

Good luck.
Good points but he might get a much better deal on his rent or mortgage as a pioneer compared to waiting a few years.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 PM

34,114 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Now that I think about it.....The Yankee stadium renovation has really improved the southern portion of the Concourse. Even if one has never been there, that has to be assumed. So I guess the Concourse is better below 167th. IMO, the worst areas of the Concourse are the 170's/180's....
hell yeah
my old stomping ground 184 and creston the gutter
183rd n creston too
no lie when i talked to people from the bronx and i told them i chilled around there they looked at me as if i was crazy

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,971,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Good points but he might get a much better deal on his rent or mortgage as a pioneer compared to waiting a few years.
the pioneers take all the arrows!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
hell yeah
my old stomping ground 184 and creston the gutter
183rd n creston too
no lie when i talked to people from the bronx and i told them i chilled around there they looked at me as if i was crazy
Yeah....the 180's are arguably the worst streets in the Bronx....they call them "the crazy eights" up here lol......

The 180's consist of 180th, 181st, 182nd, 183rd, 184th, 187th, and 188th. Basically you can mix and match any of those with Grand, Davidson, Morris, Walton, Creston, GC, Valentine, Thebout, Marion, Webster, Washington and Crotona and you will 10 times out of 10 come up with ****.

Last edited by DoubleXAs; 03-15-2008 at 06:27 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 06:24 PM

139 posts, read 924,388 times
i used to chill on the 180s..184th & walton to be exact.didnt see to much, when i lived on 183rd & university it was wild..all that area calmed down now as well

Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 PM

139 posts, read 924,388 times
hunts point is probably the only area in the bronx that has remained it self ..i think people should be proud that they neighborhood changed for the better instead of having this attitude like its cool to be from the hood,makes you look stupid

Old 03-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-d0g_Bronx View Post
hunts point is probably the only area in the bronx that has remained it self ..i think people should be proud that they neighborhood changed for the better instead of having this attitude like its cool to be from the hood,makes you look stupid
Hunts Point is done man. It's THE worst neighborhood in the city in terms of crime rate. I think crime is up 30% this year. That's maybe the only area I would rather not walk through. Way too much crime for such a small area.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-d0g_Bronx View Post
i used to chill on the 180s..184th & walton to be exact.didnt see to much, when i lived on 183rd & university it was wild..all that area calmed down now as well
University is dead from Tremont to Kingsbridge. The worst has to be around the Sedgwick houses....Cross-Bronx to Tremont is still hot.

The last murder on University that I remember was on 183rd...a stabbing last year.

The areas between Jerome and Webster are the worst name-streets IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City