Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,310,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
Yes, absolutely that part too.

I once hit a pothole just outside of Resorts World and blew two tires....by the time the tpm in my car went off and I realized what happened, I was rolling down Linden by Fountain Ave. Had to leave my car overnight and try to figure out the best way to get back to Bay Ridge. This was all around 2am. Worst experience ever lol.
Don't even think that area is on the city sewer system, they still use septic tanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
People who are against gentrification would consider your description of Wakefield to be what they want all of New York City to resemble. Stores, eateries, nightlife are all "bad" things while prostitutes, drugs and crime add character and charm. You could look at it that way.
The reason I personally am against gentrification is because it drives up rent and displaces the "undesirables" to neighborhoods like mine. If that aspect could be avoided Id be all for it. But sadly my nice little oasis and childhood home are crumbling before my eyes year by year even day by day now.😕

Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Don't even think that area is on the city sewer system, they still use septic tanks.
Man your mouth is like a septic tank. Linden Boulevard and Fountain Avenue is Cypress Hills Houses. So you got a whole NYCHA using cesspools right. Good god. If you want to talk about the Hole...which is blocks away, then go ahead. The only neighborhood in the city that I know of that still uses septic tanks is Broad Channel, but even they started getting hooked up to the sewer system.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Man your mouth is like a septic tank. Linden Boulevard and Fountain Avenue is Cypress Hills Houses. So you got a whole NYCHA using cesspools right. Good god. If you want to talk about the Hole...which is blocks away, then go ahead. The only neighborhood in the city that I know of that still uses septic tanks is Broad Channel, but even they started getting hooked up to the sewer system.
Hey mod, ease up on the personal attacks. And yes I was referring to the hole in which yes you can hit a pothole there and not realize you have a flat until your blocks away. For example I got a flat this past weekend. I noticed it while in Astoria but likely was caused by a pothole I hit miles back in industrial Maspeth. Seriously, they need to start testing these mods before granting them their rights. The logic they lack in unbelievable.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Hey mod, ease up on the personal attacks. And yes I was referring to the hole in which yes you can hit a pothole there and not realize you have a flat until your blocks away. For example I got a flat this past weekend. I noticed it while in Astoria but likely was caused by a pothole I hit miles back in industrial Maspeth. Seriously, they need to start testing these mods before granting them their rights. The logic they lack in unbelievable.
It's proficient on City-Data to talk about stuff we don't know just for the sake of having a keyboard.....that's some logic for you. And if I see a totally wrong statement I will continue to speak on it. People come on here and read this stuff to get knowledge the last thing we want to be doing is giving out wrong info.

I'm done.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-04-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
It's proficient on City-Data to talk about stuff we don't know just for the sake of having a keyboard.....that's some logic for you. And if I see a totally wrong statement I will continue to speak on it. People come on here and read this stuff to get knowledge the last thing we want to be doing is giving out wrong info.

I'm done.
I see, you can't finish what you started. Be done. BTW, the drive from Resorts World to the Hole is about 30 seconds and than from the Hole to Fountain ave is probably another 30 seconds. Think about it. Good chance the flat started around the Hole. And if the Hole now is on the sewer system, great, maybe next they can have some drainage and some newly paved roads.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 PM

286 posts, read 353,042 times
Quote:
Also further east on Linden past Eldert Lane by the Brooklyn/Queens border right before you hit the Conduit. The roads are barely even paved.
That area you mentioned is actually part of Lindenwood Queens not actually ENY, it's kind of behind the horse stables on the Conduit . Lindenwood is an italian/jewish neighborhood and I get the feeling it was neglected for a long time to serve as a buffer from the Bad ol' days East New York since that area hasn't been touched by the city in decades. There has been some development on the ENY side but the Lindenwood sign looks like it should be on the walking dead with all the trees, dilapidated houses and overgrown weeds everywhere, almost looks like a rural area by the end of the summer. Haven't been to the Lindenwood diner (actually in ENY) in a while but they used to have great food.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,688,517 times
Quote:

Man your mouth is like a septic tank

^^^^^^ Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City