Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM

45 posts, read 189,326 times

Advertisements

Wow! That's something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,625,418 times
If you feel afraid of the area, or you want to really believe some posters that you are going to be kill, than just move somewhere else. I say try other neighborhoods, like one of my favorites, Jackson Heights in Queens. A much solid neighborhood.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:33 PM

803 posts, read 2,971,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
If you feel afraid of the area, or you want to really believe some posters that you are going to be kill, than just move somewhere else. I say try other neighborhoods, like one of my favorites, Jackson Heights in Queens. A much solid neighborhood.
Jackson Heights has its ups and downs as well, but overall, I agree with the poster's statement.

Another GREAT area to look in, and STILL somewhat affordable, is ASTORIA, QUEENS and East Elmhurst, above Ditmars Blvd. (11370) by LaGuardia. Heavy Greek area, but safe and friendly, and close to everything!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Thanks everyone. Im trying to move, believe me!! Its hard with a limited budget and having a large dog.... I also need to be close to Park Slope and Manhattan, so thats another issue Im having. Like I said before, Im trying to look at it in a positive way untill I move.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,625,418 times
How about South of Park Slope? Like Kensington or Sunset Park? They look like much better looking neighborhoods and much closer to Park Slope.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Yeah, Im looking into Kensington and maybe sunset park. The only thing is I've heard mixed things about sunset park. I have to go there myself and check out the area. What about Kensington, anything I should know?

Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM

842 posts, read 4,310,429 times
Post Kensington, Brooklyn

Kensington is a neighborhood in the center of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. It is the area south of Prospect Park and the Green-Wood Cemetery. It is bordered by Coney Island Avenue to the east, Caton Avenue/ Ft. Hamilton Parkway to the north, 36th St to the west, and 18th Avenue to the south. The neighborhoods that border it are Ditmas Park and Prospect Park South to the east, Windsor Terrace to the north, Borough Park to the west, and Parkville to the south.

Kensington is a predominantly residential area consisting of housing types that run the gamut from brick rowhouses, to detached one family Victorians and apartment buildings. Pre-war brick apartment buildings dominate the Ocean Parkway and Coney Island Avenue frontage, many operating as co-ops. The main commercial streets are on Coney Island Avenue, Church Avenue, and 18th Avenue. Ocean Parkway bisects the neighborhood.

Kensington is a very diverse neighborhood, containing South Asian (Bangladeshi and Pakistani), Chinese, Orthodox Jewish, Irish, Polish, Italian, Albanian, Russian, Latino, Muslim, and Caribbean communities.

The F train (IND Culver Line) runs along the western part of the neighborhood and stops at Church Avenue, Ditmas Avenue, and 18th Avenue. In addition, Kensington is served by the B16, B23, B35, B67, B68, B8, and B103 local buses, as well as the BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, and X29 express buses to Manhattan.

Kensington, Brooklyn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM

81 posts, read 411,122 times
I live in Windsor Terrace, which is the little neighborhood between Park Slope and Kensington. I love it. Very quiet and friendly and safe, lots of little kids playing outside, right by the park and the subway. Kensington would be less expensive, though.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:47 PM

Yeah im going to look at some places soon. Wish me luck!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 AM

70 posts, read 421,477 times
Yeah windsor terrace is very nice! Lot's of families, but still close enough to all the park slope amenities. But it also costs$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City