Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,722,728 times

Advertisements

If you had four yorkies, you'd still have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,385,093 times
Having 4 dogs means you are extremely limited to wear you can live...and 4 pitbulls means you are even more limited. I think your best bet is a basement apt (probably illegal) with a yard or some sort of outdoor space is your best bet. I have no idea what neighborhood though..probably somewhere you don't want to be.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,868,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
If you had four yorkies, you'd still have a problem.
Yes and no , Pitts and Rotts are considered Dangerous dogs compared to Yorkies so most buildings have a ban on them...and some towns and cities...

Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,333,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Yes and no , Pitts and Rotts are considered Dangerous dogs compared to Yorkies so most buildings have a ban on them...and some towns and cities...
No, it's absolutely a quantity issue. As stated before, I see MANY pits around the city so "most buildings" can't have a ban on them since there are so many of them in NYC. Obviously, the owners and their dogs are living somewhere and rest assured it's not all on one block in Morrisania.

The main issue the OP is going to run into is when the topic of his/her pets come up is the fact that there are four of them. I'm fond of animals and have owned both dogs and cats but there is no way in hell that I would rent my place out to someone with four dogs. You know what one dog can do to a floor, carpet, etc but four? And loud barking from one dog is annoying, but four? I think it goes without saying that any apartment is out of the question. Could you move further out in NJ (no idea where) with more space, both indoor and outdoor, for the dogs?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM

25,376 posts, read 37,106,935 times
Move to the Florida Panhandle with your little darlin's.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM

48 posts, read 138,413 times
I have a German Shepherd. Pit has a worse reputation but my dog is twice the size and garners more attention from people. I live in Upper West side for awhile and had no problems. It was a very dog friendly neighborhood. I live in Forest Hills which is anti dog. I think you are going to have a hard time no matter what. I ended up getting my dog trained as a service dog so I couldnt be denied apartments.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM

25,376 posts, read 37,106,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookersnook View Post
I have a German Shepherd. Pit has a worse reputation but my dog is twice the size and garners more attention from people. I live in Upper West side for awhile and had no problems. It was a very dog friendly neighborhood. I live in Forest Hills which is anti dog. I think you are going to have a hard time no matter what. I ended up getting my dog trained as a service dog so I couldnt be denied apartments.

But if you brought FOUR of them into an elevator with a couple children, I'll bet your potential problems might multiply?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,333,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookersnook View Post
Pits have bad reputations but German Shepherd's are very aggressive and much larger than pits. That's one of the reasons they are used as police dogs... Regardless of breed though, it's up to the owner to raise the dog well so it's not aggressive towards others. The irony is that lot's of little dogs are the ones that are yappy and aggressive! My neighbor in my old building had a shih tzu that never shut up and would try and bite you if you pet it.

But still...the OP has FOUR DOGS... good luck with that...

Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM

7 posts, read 7,819 times
It will most likely be three. We are trying to sell the younger male but have had difficulty finding a buyer who will leave him intact ie not neuter him.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,254,819 times
You can always just lie. Kinda hard to hide 4 dogs though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City