Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2024, 07:19 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
thank you, have you gotten a chance to use the grilling / bbq area. I am assuming the grilling rooftop is in the south tower. And if you did get to see the griliing area is there a sink there too.

My friend is debating moving there but has a pretty nice building currently with pool / 4 grills & sinks and Sauna/Steam

Dont think Ruby has Sauna or Steam

Grilling rooftop is south tower, yes. I don't recall there being a sink. Pool is north tower. No sauna or steam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 07:50 PM

54 posts, read 52,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldee View Post
Okay so I don't think I'll get called back for this one lol. I emailed and got this answer:

Good Afternoon,

We are processing lower log numbers at this time. Once yours is reached we will advise on an update through housing connect.

My log is 10xx for reference.
Me and you both it appears. I sent in 2 sets of documents. I think ME priority might all be taken

Old 03-25-2024, 06:28 AM

14 posts, read 9,916 times
Any updates from anyone recently?

Old 03-25-2024, 08:21 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Anybody knows how long does the agency have to respond to appeal? I saw people said it’s 10 days but I don’t see it in the marketing handbook.

I submitted my appeal on 3/8. On 3/12 they asked for more documents and to sign R-5 form on we sent them in right away but they didn’t tell us if our appeal went through. On the HC our application in still under review so I’m assuming it hasn’t gone through yet. Reached out to them on 3/18 and ask for a confirmation regarding our documents and an update on our case they responded they received our documents for the appeal they are reviewing it. It’s been more than 10 business days since we submitted our appeal. I’m worried all the units will be given to higher logs by the time they reach out to us again.

Old 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
The last update from them was:

There are lower log numbers still being finalized, and we have a limited number of studio units available

Well, so don't worry, if you are lower log #, chances are they are still working on your case.

Old 03-25-2024, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Anybody knows how long does the agency have to respond to appeal? I saw people said it’s 10 days but I don’t see it in the marketing handbook.

I submitted my appeal on 3/8. On 3/12 they asked for more documents and to sign R-5 form on we sent them in right away but they didn’t tell us if our appeal went through. On the HC our application in still under review so I’m assuming it hasn’t gone through yet. Reached out to them on 3/18 and ask for a confirmation regarding our documents and an update on our case they responded they received our documents for the appeal they are reviewing it. It’s been more than 10 business days since we submitted our appeal. I’m worried all the units will be given to higher logs by the time they reach out to us again.
I can’t remember exactly but i think my appeal was taken care of over the course of 2 weeks. Mine was straightforward- they were lacking documents, so the resolution was a ton of back-and-forth for any additional paperwork. Then the submission to HPD, where I guess the appeal decision was made (that also took about a week). So all in all that appeal process was about 3-4 weeks.

Old 03-25-2024, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
I can’t remember exactly but i think my appeal was taken care of over the course of 2 weeks. Mine was straightforward- they were lacking documents, so the resolution was a ton of back-and-forth for any additional paperwork. Then the submission to HPD, where I guess the appeal decision was made (that also took about a week). So all in all that appeal process was about 3-4 weeks.
After waiting for more than 2 weeks I called Housing Connect this morning they said they will reach out to housing partnership because of approval of appeal shouldn’t take that long and two hours later my appeal was rejected.in the rejection, they said I didn't submit 12 months of assets for self employment and receipts of expenses.

They did ask for 6 months of all assets of checking account statements so I gave them 6 months. Now they are saying I didn't submit 12 months. im so confused. I have submitted 1099, tax returns, investment statements, digital wallet statements. What else could be assets of self employment?

Also I submitted all my receipts of expenses. I scanned all of them and put them in one pdf file. I really don't understand what I am doing it wrong.

Last edited by KevinCH; 03-25-2024 at 04:26 PM..

Old 03-26-2024, 10:55 AM

17 posts, read 6,050 times
My application changed today to pending from application received. Does that mean anything? Does it mean that they are getting close to checking my application? Thank you in advance.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
After waiting for more than 2 weeks I called Housing Connect this morning they said they will reach out to housing partnership because of approval of appeal shouldn’t take that long and two hours later my appeal was rejected.in the rejection, they said I didn't submit 12 months of assets for self employment and receipts of expenses.

They did ask for 6 months of all assets of checking account statements so I gave them 6 months. Now they are saying I didn't submit 12 months. im so confused. I have submitted 1099, tax returns, investment statements, digital wallet statements. What else could be assets of self employment?

Also I submitted all my receipts of expenses. I scanned all of them and put them in one pdf file. I really don't understand what I am doing it wrong.
Appeal again. This is the back-and-forth I was referring to; it's going to be "we need more" seemingly forever so appeal as many times within the window until you've submitted everything they keep adding on. They requested so much that was never listed in the HC requirements to I guess triple and quadruple confirm eligibility, and that's fine. The good news is they're not saying "based on what you submitted you don't qualify." They're just saying they don't have everything, and that's a great position to be in. You're in the running if you appeal (again) on time with the right stuff.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Appeal again. This is the back-and-forth I was referring to; it's going to be "we need more" seemingly forever so appeal as many times within the window until you've submitted everything they keep adding on. They requested so much that was never listed in the HC requirements to I guess triple and quadruple confirm eligibility, and that's fine. The good news is they're not saying "based on what you submitted you don't qualify." They're just saying they don't have everything, and that's a great position to be in. You're in the running if you appeal (again) on time with the right stuff.
My last chance to appeal will be filing a complaint. If they reject us over the same documents we have sent in so many times and that will be it we lose forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery