Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2024, 01:40 PM

23 posts, read 10,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
was anyone able to sign the lease remotely ?
The entire process is online, so everyone signs documents remotely. The lease is 90 pages.

Has anyone signed documents for Ruby in-person? I think that's the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 01:44 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFX View Post
The entire process is online, so everyone signs documents remotely. The lease is 90 pages.

Has anyone signed documents for Ruby in-person? I think that's the question.
holyy moly the lease being that long

friend is viewing a space there and they are requesting checks during the viewing and lease signing is being told that its in-person and checks are needed for signing the lease

thats the most aggressive viewing and lease signing ive heard of

Old 04-03-2024, 01:52 PM

8 posts, read 2,811 times
Sorry to bombard this thread with sm questions but for people who've already finished the process (congrats, btw!!) how long did it take to get approved after submitting documents? Thank you!

Old 04-03-2024, 01:54 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringles1 View Post
Sorry to bombard this thread with sm questions but for people who've already finished the process (congrats, btw!!) how long did it take to get approved after submitting documents? Thank you!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2zyajCiCC5caZc

People have different timelines, you should look at the sheet linked here and you can get an idea about dates, and how long it took for people to go through different document requests.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:59 PM

8 posts, read 2,811 times
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2024, 02:40 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
I am curious, how's everyone thinking about the street facing or courtyard facing? What's your preference especially with this RUBY apt on 28th St?

Old 04-03-2024, 06:31 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
I am curious, how's everyone thinking about the street facing or courtyard facing? What's your preference especially with this RUBY apt on 28th St?
Pros/cons to both in any building. I've experienced both, and my thought every time is that street facing will come with more sounds (pedestrians, sirens) but the view is nice and there's more natural light. Courtyards are quieter and more private but get less light. Neither is better: You can always get curtains and earplugs for street apts. and full spectrum lamps for courtyard apts. It evens out in the end.

Old 04-04-2024, 02:20 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Thanks for your thoughts! I've got assigned a courtyard facing unit, but now I really want the street facing. I just like the idea of people watching and natural sunlight. Has anyone successfully changed the assigned unit after approval? I know I am already grateful if it's not possible to change!

Old 04-04-2024, 05:10 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Thanks for your thoughts! I've got assigned a courtyard facing unit, but now I really want the street facing. I just like the idea of people watching and natural sunlight. Has anyone successfully changed the assigned unit after approval? I know I am already grateful if it's not possible to change!
HPD typically doesn't let you change units after its been assigned because it's on all your approved paperwork/TIC--but it never hurts to ask! I imagine courtyard may seem insular but given the construction going on across the street, you'll probably grow to appreciate the quiet more over time. Also, the sun travels so you'll still have those hours in the day of direct sunlight + you can people watch your neighbors in the other tower across the way so it feels more lively haha.

Add that to your list of pros!

Old 04-04-2024, 07:15 PM

17 posts, read 13,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
holyy moly the lease being that long

friend is viewing a space there and they are requesting checks during the viewing and lease signing is being told that its in-person and checks are needed for signing the lease

thats the most aggressive viewing and lease signing ive heard of
That was not at all my experience. After the viewing, you have to tell them if you want the apartment or not and then they send you the lease a few days later. I signed the lease online and brought my checks the day before I moved in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery