Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2024, 07:21 PM

23 posts, read 11,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndegenerate View Post
So I had to sign marital affidavit on pronto along with submitting a credit report and 1 months savings from my provided bank account yesterday. Where do you think im at in next steps of touring/signing a lease? This is for a studio 80% AMI btw
You are waiting (praying) for the "Request to sign TIC". The TIC contains the unit you are assigned to and signals that your documents are good and they will send your case to the HPD for approval. They will also explicitly tell you that they are sending your case to the HPD, it's very clear. You only get to tour/sign after HPD approval

They can still ask for more documents or you can still get rejected based on the documents you sent them (and your timeline will increase if you want to appeal).

Good luck!

Last edited by KidFX; 03-10-2024 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: change word
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 07:37 PM

14 posts, read 9,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
I think they sent your case to the city and waiting for the approval that usually take couple of days according to the timeline on the spreadsheet people provided. What’s your log?
Log number is 6XX

Old 03-10-2024, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFX View Post
You are waiting (praying) for the "Request to sign TIC". The TIC contains the unit you are assigned to and signals that your documents are good and they will send your case to the HPD for approval. They will also explicitly tell you that they are sending your case to the HPD, it's very clear. You only get to tour/sign after HPD approval

They can still ask for more documents or you can still get rejected based on the documents you sent them (and your timeline will increase if you want to appeal).

Good luck!
Thank you for the additional context and good luck wishes! Fingers crossed

Old 03-11-2024, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 4,258 times
does anyone know if lower log #s have priority over log #s picked earlier?
im high 1000s contacted for initial docs back in dec but im seeing lowers log #s picked for initial docs in jan

good luck everybody

Old 03-11-2024, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 768 times
For those who have been to the open house, what are your impressions and what are amenity fees?

Old 03-11-2024, 01:04 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzgivemehousing View Post
does anyone know if lower log #s have priority over log #s picked earlier?
im high 1000s contacted for initial docs back in dec but im seeing lowers log #s picked for initial docs in jan

good luck everybody
They go in order of log number, lowest to highest, *but* you have to remember that preference vs no preference groups, different AMIs, and different household sizes etc. are not competing with each other. So someone with log # 1256 may very well be contacted before someone else with log # 523 who has different household characteristics (size, AMI, pref vs GP etc.). Logs all come out together and are just #1- # of apps, but once it comes to processing, you can think of it as people are placed into groups or lines according to their household characteristics and then processed in # order. When you are actually called will depend on your household characteristics but also the # of units available that you qualify for, how many other people are in your group/line ahead of you, the rate at which people ahead of you in your line drop out, don't respond, or aren't eligible.

Old 03-11-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Good luck!
Follow up question, would the TIC be sent from Pronto or HC?

Old 03-11-2024, 02:57 PM

23 posts, read 11,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndegenerate View Post
Follow up question, would the TIC be sent from Pronto or HC?
Since it's a signed document, it's Pronto. But all communication is via e-mail so listen to them, not me
It won't appear on Pronto until they say so.
They've actually given me a PDF to sign at one point when Pronto wasn't working, so it's all on them.
Just give them what they need.

Again, you can still get rejected, so keep expectations low to alleviate anxiety.

Btw... there are a few users on this forum and the spreadsheet who were in the same "document stage" as you and were rejected and are currently appealing. So we know these agents are working on a few things right now.

Last edited by KidFX; 03-11-2024 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Additions

Old 03-11-2024, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Since it's a signed document, it's Pronto. But all communication is via e-mail so listen to them, not me
It won't appear on Pronto until they say so.
They've actually given me a PDF to sign at one point when Pronto wasn't working, so it's all on them.
Just give them what they need.

Again, you can still get rejected, so keep expectations low to alleviate anxiety.

Btw... there are a few users on this forum and the spreadsheet who were in the same "document stage" as you and were rejected and are currently appealing. So we know these agents are working on a few things right now.
Sounds good! Yeah I am keeping my expectations low because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to sleep at night haha. If you are currently living there, what do you think of the amenities and overall building?

Old 03-13-2024, 11:33 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Hi. Anybody knows what are the next steps after signing the authorization release and R-5 form?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery