Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2022, 05:33 PM

118 posts, read 126,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Log #34xx - 2bdr
Today Ms. Pryce finally finalized my process and I got the final email from her. It was nerve wracking until the last minute. After I spoke with SyedI had to leave work after lunch because I had an appointment downtown. Off course Ms. Pryce calls me fro her direct line and I was on the subway. She leaves me 2 vm asking about my son´s birth certificate. I was all the way at Bowling Green heading to the Natural History Museum (so it was a loooong ride).
I got the train, my phone battery was 45% and she also sent me an email in the meantime asking to review some cash deposits and if I have a pet. I called her direct line and she was super kind but I was freaking out.
I frantically downloaded Word for Iphone to sign and explain the cash deposits. I had to dig from ma gmail my son´s birth certificate but in 20min I was sending all the files. I was outside in front of the museum sweating and typing. I called her again to reassure she got my email but she didn´t answer......So at 345pm I got her final email!!!!

Good Evening
I have completed my review of your file. Everything appears great. There are a few details I would like to go over. They are as follows:
Rent Rage for Two Bedroom - $1,400-$2,600
- Utilities are included in your monthly rent (ie. electric & gas)
- Only additional monthly cost is A/C fee, Air Conditioning units are standard in each unit, you are not allowed to bring your own. The monthly fee currently is $27.16 per unit, there are 3 units in a 2-bedroom apartment. $27.16 x 3 = $81.48.
I am submitting your file for Final Review today. If you are qualified, you will receive an email with an apartment offer. Please respond as per email instructions.
It has been my pleasure assisting you with this process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Now my last hurdle is the price. I am looking for an unit for less than $2,100. I am hoping for the best.

My timeline

03/31/2022 - first email asking for documents
04/06/2022 - sent all my documents and got automatic response
04/28/2022 - got email asking if I am still interested and how many bedrooms
06/23/2022 - got email disqualifying me because I didn't choose the unit size
06/23/2022 - called Ms. Pryce (1st time talking to her) and she acknowledges it was a mistake and reinstate my case
06/24/2022 - sent updated documents and MY student affidavit stating I am not a student I missed the first time
08/02/2022 - sent new 401k statement, new savings account statement
08/04/2022 - sent new school letter for my son (it was over 120 days)
08/05/2022 - got the last email from Ms. Pryce
What a great news. If Ms Pryce doesn't contact you Monday or Tuesday, that means that her supervisor have completed the final review and confirmed that you qualify. Her supervisor will than send it to the leasing agent..
By Thursday if you call, I am sure they will tell you that your application is with leasing.
You started the process just 2 weeks after me and it seems your journey will end 2 weeks after me. I am crossing my fingers that you will get your apt offer even faster than I did. It took me exactly 10 days from the day I received that exact letter from ms Pryce. We might end up being neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 05:37 PM

199 posts, read 221,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, this is so exciting, it should be a reality TV show! Or maybe it’s too much reality.

Good luck!
I am still recovering from today. I feel I am ready to join the Amazing Race reality show.
But I am hoping for an affordable rent. Because ST considers my bonus as regular income my rent might be on the higher range.My bonus are not always guaranteed but unfortunately I don´t make the rules....Lately everyone is getting nice offers. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, this is so exciting, it should be a reality TV show! Or maybe it’s too much reality.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
What a great news. If Ms Pryce doesn't contact you Monday or Tuesday, that means that her supervisor have completed the final review and confirmed that you qualify. Her supervisor will than send it to the leasing agent..
By Thursday if you call, I am sure they will tell you that your application is with leasing.
You started the process just 2 weeks after me and it seems your journey will end 2 weeks after me. I am crossing my fingers that you will get your apt offer even faster than I did. It took me exactly 10 days from the day I received that exact letter from ms Pryce. We might end up being neighbors.
Did you get an offer for PCV or ST? Do you mind sharing your rent range? I am hoping this moves fast also. I am flying overseas on August 17 to see my family. I will have internet access but I rather finalized everything while I am in NYC. It would be so crazy if we end up being neighbors.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Did you get an offer for PCV or ST? Do you mind sharing your rent range? I am hoping this moves fast also. I am flying overseas on August 17 to see my family. I will have internet access but I rather finalized everything while I am in NYC. It would be so crazy if we end up being neighbors.
I chose the 2 year lease for $1800… I am actually flying to Paris tomorrow morning, and I was nervous that everything would happen while overseas… I now get to relax and enjoy my vacation. Crossing my fingers that you will sign your lease before you travel.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I chose the 2 year lease for $1800… I am actually flying to Paris tomorrow morning, and I was nervous that everything would happen while overseas… I now get to relax and enjoy my vacation. Crossing my fingers that you will sign your lease before you travel.
Yaya24,
Bon Voyage!!!!!I am sure we are going to be neighbors and we need to get organize a meet up.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:59 PM

76 posts, read 121,593 times
Quote:
Log #34xx - 2bdr
Today Ms. Pryce finally finalized my process and I got the final email from her. It was nerve wracking until the last minute. After I spoke with SyedI had to leave work after lunch because I had an appointment downtown. Off course Ms. Pryce calls me fro her direct line and I was on the subway. She leaves me 2 vm asking about my son´s birth certificate. I was all the way at Bowling Green heading to the Natural History Museum (so it was a loooong ride).
I got the train, my phone battery was 45% and she also sent me an email in the meantime asking to review some cash deposits and if I have a pet. I called her direct line and she was super kind but I was freaking out.
I frantically downloaded Word for Iphone to sign and explain the cash deposits. I had to dig from ma gmail my son´s birth certificate but in 20min I was sending all the files. I was outside in front of the museum sweating and typing. I called her again to reassure she got my email but she didn´t answer......So at 345pm I got her final email!!!!

Good Evening
I have completed my review of your file. Everything appears great. There are a few details I would like to go over. They are as follows:
Rent Rage for Two Bedroom - $1,400-$2,600
- Utilities are included in your monthly rent (ie. electric & gas)
- Only additional monthly cost is A/C fee, Air Conditioning units are standard in each unit, you are not allowed to bring your own. The monthly fee currently is $27.16 per unit, there are 3 units in a 2-bedroom apartment. $27.16 x 3 = $81.48.
I am submitting your file for Final Review today. If you are qualified, you will receive an email with an apartment offer. Please respond as per email instructions.
It has been my pleasure assisting you with this process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Now my last hurdle is the price. I am looking for an unit for less than $2,100. I am hoping for the best.

My timeline

03/31/2022 - first email asking for documents
04/06/2022 - sent all my documents and got automatic response
04/28/2022 - got email asking if I am still interested and how many bedrooms
06/23/2022 - got email disqualifying me because I didn't choose the unit size
06/23/2022 - called Ms. Pryce (1st time talking to her) and she acknowledges it was a mistake and reinstate my case
06/24/2022 - sent updated documents and MY student affidavit stating I am not a student I missed the first time
08/02/2022 - sent new 401k statement, new savings account statement
08/04/2022 - sent new school letter for my son (it was over 120 days)
08/05/2022 - got the last email from Ms. Pryce
Exciting!!!!!!! It’s gonna happen ! I have a really good feeling. Sending you all positive vibes your way !!

Old 08-05-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
That is amazing price!!! Congratulations!!!! Plus followed by a vacation to Paris that is truly a treat! Bon voyage!!! Je suis Parisienne

Old 08-05-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
That is amazing price!!! Congratulations!!!! Plus followed by a vacation to Paris that is truly a treat! Bon voyage!!! Je suis Parisienne
@family 0609, c’est clair, je m’attendais à avoir un loyer plus cher. Je suis super contente.
Au plaisir de se rencontrer.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
@family 0609, c’est clair, je m’attendais à avoir un loyer plus cher. Je suis super contente.
Au plaisir de se rencontrer.
J’imagine même moi j’étais surprise de mon loyer!! Au plaisir et passez de bonne vacance!!!

Old 08-05-2022, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,005 times
For a 1 BR unit, How much will the rent offer be if you make 65k ?

I know the site says
Rent range is 1.2k-2k for income range of 41k-131k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery