Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 06:33 PM

162 posts, read 249,358 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything about the move in date. My current rent is due soon and I need to notify my landlord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 07:12 AM

43 posts, read 65,046 times
A person who had spoken with someone from the management company told me Jan 15th was the expected date but they said they were told that it wasn't sure yet. I think this may be for signing the lease and not moving in just yet. I tried calling the management company myself to see if I can start making arrangements to actually move in at the end of January and left several messages but I never received a callback. So it seems like nothing has changed. Plus if you consider that the building still has 14 outstanding violations from the building department plus 34 environmental violations according to the NYC Department of Building, which I guess some or all have to be cleared before getting the CO, then I have even less hope of signing the new lease on January 15 let alone actually moving in.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:51 AM

126 posts, read 170,028 times
^ This is incorrect. They have 9 building violations, of which most seem to be paperwork related, and one open environmental violation dated from 2009. From my research, I've noted some buildings get a TEMPORARY certificate of occupancy without clearing all of their open violations. To inhabit a building all that is needed is a temporary CO, which is valid for 6 months and gives the building 6 months to clear any and all violations and final work that needs to be completed before they are issued their Final CO.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:18 AM

61 posts, read 94,897 times
I've actually worked obtaining Permits with the Building Departments. The way everything is setup in my opinion (and I hope that i'm really really wrong) there is no way that the moving date is 1/15. The building that size an inspection should have started last week or latest this week. The website has no indication of C of O application being filed or a TEMP CO. I still notice that the balconies aren't done (huge violation). My guess If I was the expediter for this project is.....(sorry) around March. AGAIN I HOPE I'M SOOOOO WRONG!

Old 12-30-2016, 10:22 AM

189 posts, read 288,851 times
@elbasurero

What do you mean the balconies aren't done? When I saw mine it looked done. What wasn't done was the green (common/deck area) in the middle and the elevators were still covered in that foam thing.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:59 AM

The apartments above the stores. You can't see it from outside. They still didn't have the balcony dividers up. They where still laying on the floor that's a violation. Also the middle section section isn't finish. When a C of O is issued construction has to be complete.

No one can determine a move in date without a C of O. So when they say a date like 1/15 that's just speculation. Without a schedule inspection there is no C of O. What would be nice is that instead of giving us maybe dates they tell us the inspection date. That's also for a temp CO too. This will help us know that they are nearing completion. No inspection date then that means a longer wait for a move in date. Usually it takes multiple inspections and the corrections to get a CO. SORRY.

AGAIN I HOPE I'M Totally WRONG.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:40 PM

So then that means for many us if the CO is not granted in January then we will be subject to re-qualification where there's a chance we can lose the apartment because of it being past 120 days since we first qualified. I commented about this back on page 10 on Nov 23.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 PM

162 posts, read 249,358 times
I'm so stressed...I did not renew my lease and my landlord wants to show my apt. I can't even give him a move out date. I'm already semi packing.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:05 PM

This is stressful!!!! My lease was up 10/1 and I've received letters from the landlord to leave or renew my lease. we are already packed and living out of boxes.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:17 PM

I'm in the same boat like I said back on Dec 7. My lease is also already up and my landlord is charging me a higher rent going month-to-month than if I just renewed the lease. Plus, I'm scared to death having to face this requalification process from the stories I've heard it is not uncommon to get disqualified even though nothing has financially changed. I would lose the new apartment and most likely get stuck paying a much higher rent staying here because the landlord is very angry having incurred expenses thinking I was about to move out. They even had a few people lined up ready to view my apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery