Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:18 AM

189 posts, read 287,579 times

Advertisements

You should ask the size of the 1 bd in sq ft?

Want to compare to studio size.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 03:26 PM

162 posts, read 248,831 times
I picked my apt today. I chose the smaller 1 bedroom because I wanted the balcony. The larger apt was huge but no terrace. My apt is still considerable size with 2 double door closets and a pantry or linen closet. 12 foot ceilings. I was told they are hoping for 1/15 move in date. They are still doing work in the building and they are still interviewing. I wish everybody the best of luck. I feel very fortunate to call this home.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 AM

41 posts, read 54,205 times
Congrats!!! I hope I get that phone call soon! How long did it take them to process your credit check?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:04 AM

@DiddleBee
Did you ask about the income verification every year? In your opinion did it seem like a lot needed to be done to the building for it to be completed?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:28 AM

126 posts, read 169,433 times
If they are "hoping" for a 1/15 move in date, we're pretty much back to square one. I thought they were fairly certain it was going to be 1/15. Blah

Old 12-21-2016, 09:07 AM

I should rephrase..they expect a 1/15 move in date, I am hoping it to be true.
@plbplb..sorry, forgot to ask about annual verification. Work needs to be done on balcony and roof deck but apts look like they are ready.
@ginaq...it took about a month from credit check and getting the call to view the apt. Overall it wasn't long but I know it seemed like an eternit waiting. I kept coming on here for updates.

Last edited by DiddleBee; 12-21-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 07:12 AM

Nobody has signed their lease right?

Old 12-23-2016, 09:06 AM

I have not signed a lease nor was I asked for a deposit. The deposit is due upon lease signing I was told.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:43 AM

Interesting because I gave my deposit the day I picked my apt back in October, they gave me a receipt and a copy of the letter saying which apt I would be occupying... I wonder why they are not collecting deposits now... Maybe the HPD has instructed them not to do so until lease signing....

Old 12-27-2016, 12:41 PM

16 posts, read 19,864 times
I went last week to view/select a 1 bedroom at the 1.8 rate. I have some valuable information for prospective renters. First, all affordable studios and 1 bedrooms are gone. Now if you have 1 of those its a good deal but if your paying more you need to be aware of some things. First the garage is privately owned. Has no affiliation with the building and residents do not get priority its a privately owned company that will run the garage. The retail stores also are owned independently. So they can be restaurants, bars, bodegas and business that wants to pay the rent. When me and my wife were showed the apartments is was at dusk and the is no electricity or heat in any of the apartments so we really couldn't get a really good look, buy one thing I could tell is the bedrooms are tiny. There is a not pet policy and the guy said the landlord does not even allow service animals. (Wow lawsuit waiting to happen.)
Now to Langsam properties. They have a very bad reputation. Just take a look at yelp. The gentleman that we met with had no idea who I was or why I was there. He had to call someone and get the apartment numbers that were available. I was not asked to sign anything and was told we will be in touch. Really have no confidence in this management company. There is still alot of work that needs to be done in the building as well. Oh also there are no dishwashers in the units and could not get an answer on what we pay for heat hot water, gas etc. I think that's it. This info is all from the guy showing us the apartments so take it for what its worth. Hope this info helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery