Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM

4 posts, read 13,054 times

Advertisements

To answer Kefir King's questions, HPD officials informed those shareholders opposed to privatization IN WRITING that the money ($20 million) would be made available if the Board agreed to remain in Mitchell Lama for 15 years. But the unanimously pro-privatization Board maintains that these assurances are worthless.
There is one(1) four-bedroom apartment at EMP. It is presently illegally occupied by...the President of the Board of Directors! But since the Board's the only party that could now possibly evict him, he gets to keep it. As indicated earlier, just google "Mark Andermanis East Midtown Plaza" to read numerous online accounts of the whole sad story. Arrogant Andermanis also owns a "vacation home" in Pennsylvania, and harbors an illegal dog in his apartment.
This morning, as I left my building at EMP at 9:00 AM, there were 5 homeless persons camped- out with their belongings in the Plaza. (Usually, it's only 1 or 2.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 09:01 AM

13 posts, read 48,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Hey any update on the 2 bedrooms? I will probably check next week.
They are up to #82 as of Jan 16.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:20 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillager View Post
That means I shall be called veryyyyy soon..

Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillager View Post
Ps: thanks a lot. I wonder if there is anyway to get a loan for Mitchell lama other than a personal loan.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:30 AM

13 posts, read 48,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Ps: thanks a lot. I wonder if there is anyway to get a loan for Mitchell lama other than a personal loan.
This link might help:

Mitchell Lama Housing | Mitchell Lama Rules | Affordable Housing NYC | BrickUnderground

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?

Mortgages are almost never an option: Mitchell-Lama co-ops may be relatively cheap, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to come up with tens of thousands of dollars to buy one—​particularly on an eligible salary. But getting a mortgage for a Mitchell-Lama is tricky, to say the least. While there’s no specific regulation preventing a buyer from borrowing against their Mitchell-Lama co-op shares, Quigley says, the problem is that banks are not keen to lend against them. If you stop making your mortgage payments, a bank can’t simply foreclose and sell the place on the open market. “Most banks don’t understand what a Mitchell-Lama is,†Roberts says.

In rare cases, Mitchell-Lamas have set up internal programs to lend to buyers, sometimes for up to 100 percent of the purchase price, Roberts says. (To see if a building has one, call management.) Meanwhile, HPD recently met with the community non-profit Neighborhood Housing Services about creating a type of home loan to finance Mitchell-Lama purchases, Quigley says. That option, however, is not yet available.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:55 AM

56 posts, read 91,947 times
Did anyone get this 2bed apt in this building after lottery?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:35 AM

4 posts, read 5,703 times
Default just found this thread ..

Well i just got the mail this morning informing me that im number 392 and send the application back with the 200 dollars.. im wonderng did anyoen get into any of these apartments? is it worth it? how big is it? any pictures?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:17 PM

353 posts, read 1,007,328 times
weinstock1 - I'm on vacation and cannot post any pictures but we have a two bedroom that is a little over 1,000 square feet. It has a galley kitchen, a foyer, a 12x28 living room, one bathroom and a 8x11 terrace off of the living room (some terraces are enclosed). The apartment is el-shaped and a hallway leads from the foyer to the bedroom/bathroom area while another hallway leads from the foyer to the kitchen/living room area. It was definitely worth it for us. The price you will pay is a bargain compared to similar apartments on the open market.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:48 PM

185 posts, read 311,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrisle View Post
weinstock1 - I'm on vacation and cannot post any pictures but we have a two bedroom that is a little over 1,000 square feet. It has a galley kitchen, a foyer, a 12x28 living room, one bathroom and a 8x11 terrace off of the living room (some terraces are enclosed). The apartment is el-shaped and a hallway leads from the foyer to the bedroom/bathroom area while another hallway leads from the foyer to the kitchen/living room area. It was definitely worth it for us. The price you will pay is a bargain compared to similar apartments on the open market.
Hi, I was wondering seeing that you live at EMP what is the concensus this time around for privatization? I am on the list for the one bedroom log number under 100 was so happy to have a chance but now not so sure.

Last edited by Nyc246; 11-04-2016 at 01:11 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 PM

353 posts, read 1,007,328 times
NYC246 - last time a vote on privatization occurred (probably about 6 years ago), there was just less than the 2/3's majority needed to privatize. Last week a vote occurred on whether to study privatization. I think 64% voted that the study should occur. It will probably take a few months before the study starts and a year to have the study done. I believe any vote wouldn't occur for a year and a half to two years from now. Even if it is passed it may face lawsuits and would have to go through a certain procedure to privatize so I'm guessing the earliest the privatization could occur would be about 3 years in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery