Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 09:22 AM

290 posts, read 274,434 times

Advertisements

Yes. See the answer on the Studio wait list number question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 07:29 AM

11 posts, read 12,239 times
Hi,

It’s been quite a few months since anyone’s posted on this forum, has anyone heard anything regarding either the current numbers being offered apartments (last updat was 6 months ago) or privatization?

It would also be great if anyone who has been offered an apartment could share either photos or information on the condition of the apartment. I spoke with a young man (seemed new) in the office early last summer, when I asked what the current cost was for the two bedroom apartments he told me that he couldn’t give me that number because it depended on how much the family moving out wanted to be reimbursed for any renovations, then he looked uncomfortable and quickly went into a back room. I’m wondering what this reveals exactly - it certainly implies some sort of internal system of sales. Any ideas or knowledge would be appreciated:-)

Old 02-07-2024, 10:13 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native212 View Post
Hi,

It’s been quite a few months since anyone’s posted on this forum, has anyone heard anything regarding either the current numbers being offered apartments (last updat was 6 months ago) or privatization?

It would also be great if anyone who has been offered an apartment could share either photos or information on the condition of the apartment. I spoke with a young man (seemed new) in the office early last summer, when I asked what the current cost was for the two bedroom apartments he told me that he couldn’t give me that number because it depended on how much the family moving out wanted to be reimbursed for any renovations, then he looked uncomfortable and quickly went into a back room. I’m wondering what this reveals exactly - it certainly implies some sort of internal system of sales. Any ideas or knowledge would be appreciated:-)
Your question about price is not a simple one to answer.

I don’t know how much leverage a co-op seller has to be reimbursed for renovations. It might be almost none. I suppose they could change their mind and not sell. However, the purchaser’s household income matters to the price, too low and it is disqualifying. Household income too high, there could be a surcharge or disqualification.

Household Income effects price Here is an 2012 example for Studios at East Midtown Plaza
Studio, Income Range $19,133.20 - $119,375.00; Price Range $39,540.60 - $64,264.04

Also, the units on higher floors might have a higher price. And if there is significant size or feature difference between two units that might effect the price, the larger unit might be priced higher, or the unit with balcony or something might be priced higher.

‘Mitchell Lama Rules’
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...lama-rules.pdf

See also ‘ Supplementary Material and Resources’ for ammendments made in 2023.
https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...a-program.page

(BTW a unit was filled this week but not a 2 bed.)

Old 02-07-2024, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 12,239 times
Thank so much for your reply! That was quite helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery