Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 09:17 PM

7,398 posts, read 19,370,560 times

Advertisements

Thanks again Mike.
Gdude - Some evacuees (sp) were given the okay to return last night (like us) and the ones mostly with the street names ending in 'wood' returned this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 PM

16 posts, read 34,666 times
Just got this email/update from Shantel & Kevin:

It is Friday night and Kevin and I just finished 13 hours of fire fighting. The fire is about 60% contained. They sent home half of the crews today and the rest will probably be gone by the end of tomorrow. It is all but contained unless the winds get really high. We will spend Saturday putting out hot spots. It is such a relief to have no smoke and open flames now.

This link has some pictures taken by a local. http://picasaweb.google.com/BFA2005/ If you go to this site, our house is under the 's at the top of the map. Too close for comfort!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Keep them coming as we still have a lot of hard work ahead of us. There are basically 6 people physically capable of fighting fires in our department. This means we are all exhausted but not yet finished.

Good night,

Kevin and Shantel

Last edited by themiria; 05-08-2009 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: formatting problem

Old 05-09-2009, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 5,265 times
The people of Timberon are an amazing community and family. Thank you all so much for everything that you do. I am so thankful that my husband and I found Timberon!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:53 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,028,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themiria View Post
Just got this email/update from Shantel & Kevin:

It is Friday night and Kevin and I just finished 13 hours of fire fighting. The fire is about 60% contained. They sent home half of the crews today and the rest will probably be gone by the end of tomorrow. It is all but contained unless the winds get really high. We will spend Saturday putting out hot spots. It is such a relief to have no smoke and open flames now.

This link has some pictures taken by a local. Picasa Web Albums - B.F. If you go to this site, our house is under the 's at the top of the map. Too close for comfort!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Keep them coming as we still have a lot of hard work ahead of us. There are basically 6 people physically capable of fighting fires in our department. This means we are all exhausted but not yet finished.

Good night,

Kevin and Shantel
Thanks for posting the letter and pictures. Amazing. This is why we have thinned our property. It does make a difference.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,028,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraFiloso View Post
The people of Timberon are an amazing community and family. Thank you all so much for everything that you do. I am so thankful that my husband and I found Timberon!
Will you be up around July 4th? We have an annual City Data get together. We will post more on her as it gets closer to the time. We would love to meet all of you new posters.
Jane

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 AM

60% contained now. Great. Thanks for posting Kevin and Shantel.
Charlie and I are going to the Timberon meeting this morning. A couple of the other posters here will be there also.
Any other changes will be posted. BF also posted some pictures on the Timberon website.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:12 AM

143 posts, read 365,470 times
Default Thanks to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
60% contained now. Great. Thanks for posting Kevin and Shantel.
Charlie and I are going to the Timberon meeting this morning. A couple of the other posters here will be there also.
Any other changes will be posted. BF also posted some pictures on the Timberon website.

That is terrific! As has been said several times already, what a great community effort! We want to say a huge THANK YOU to the Fire crews, to those who supported them in anyway -& to all of you who kept the info flowinghere on c/d and thank God that there were no injuries! Now for some rain...........

Pete & Joyce

Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 AM

At least the wind is quiet and calm.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Hoping to see those of you that can attend this mornings Timberon meeting at the red barn at 10.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM

5 posts, read 9,306 times
Hope and pray the wind stays down there for you guys, it is starting to kick up some dirt around Dell City and Salt Flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico