Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times

Advertisements

First time this has happened since we've been here but we were just told there is a fire on the mountain. I can smell it and Charlie is going down to check it out.
Don't know if we'll have to get out of here or not but I'm hoping it's not a bad one. I hear the sirens now.
I'm not really sure if I should be packing some things or not and I'm not going to freak out.
Just hope this is not bad.
If I don't post anymore, We're out of here but otherwise I'll let you all know.
Gonna try to call Chilegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 03:00 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
First time this has happened since we've been here but we were just told there is a fire on the mountain. I can smell it and Charlie is going down to check it out.
Don't know if we'll have to get out of here or not but I'm hoping it's not a bad one. I hear the sirens now.
I'm not really sure if I should be packing some things or not and I'm not going to freak out.
Just hope this is not bad.
If I don't post anymore, We're out of here but otherwise I'll let you all know.
Gonna try to call Chilegal.
I just heard that its on the west side of Timberon on Maywood, about 1-1 1/2 miles from Song and my place. Pipeweld is a bit further.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,907,489 times
Good luck and Godspeed.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Someone else just stopped by and told me to be serious about getting things together.
Still don't know anything else.

Pray big time please

Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
I'm doing just that for you folks! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING FIRES!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:35 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,181,141 times
Best to prepare and pack the precious things, song...wishing you the best of luck.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,802 times
Quote:
Someone else just stopped by and told me to be serious about getting things together.
Still don't know anything else.

Pray big time please
Song we will be praying. Don't panic!! I know that is easy for me to say being 300 miles away. Fill us in if you can.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM

I just went down to see what's going on and to get Charlie but I was stopped and told I couldn't enter, and told again that I should get down to the firehouse or atv rentals but my neighbor just came home and told me not to leave but to prepare to leave so I guess I'm as prepared as I'm going to get right now.
Trying not to freak out as I usually stay cool but I'm a little shakin right now mainly because Charlie is not here.
Neighbor George said to stay put until fire dept. tells me to leave. They are trying to get things under control.
That's all I know right now.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:20 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
OK, here is what I heard.. The fire started in the area of Carson, Dixwood and Maywood. There are about 5 different fire departments there with trucks, and the slurry planes are dropping onto the fire.
The wind is blowing south west away from town. Just heard its about 25 acres now
When I hear more I will post.
Jane

Last edited by chilegal; 05-06-2009 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 PM

143 posts, read 364,972 times
Default Be safe!

Hey Cheryl:

Was just talking to Jane. Sending out prayer requests..........

Boy, talk about feeling helpless when you are 8 hours away!!

Keep those pups & your bird close & ready to go.

hopefully talk to you later & that we all still have places with buildings & trees intact.

you all take care!!!!!!

Joyce

Quote:
I just went down to see what's going on and to get Charlie but I was stopped and told I couldn't enter, and told again that I should get down to the firehouse or atv rentals but my neighbor just came home and told me not to leave but to prepare to leave so I guess I'm as prepared as I'm going to get right now.
Trying not to freak out as I usually stay cool but I'm a little shakin right now mainly because Charlie is not here.
Neighbor George said to stay put until fire dept. tells me to leave. They are trying to get things under control.
That's all I know right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico