Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,012 times

Advertisements

We are Thanking God that no one was hurt during this horrible ordeal. May God continue to Bless Each of you. And to all the Mothers; HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,232,801 times
songinthewind7: There would be something seriously wrong with you if you were not scared and upset under such conditions. I'm glad that it all turned out as well as it did, but I feel terrible about the two occupied houses that were lost.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,425 times
Hi Timberon;
I am thankful that the fire is out and that nobody lost any love ones. I am deeply sadden for the people who lost there homes and damage to there property. I have property up there so i was very concerned about timberon. I was so moved as to how everyone on this site was talking that i joined ( hope i did this right) I hope to build up there soon. God Bless you All. Hope to chat more and meet some of you all in the near future.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,028,044 times
Song, I think you did a great job with your emotions. It was a trying time for everyone and all had the same fears. Everyone shows emotions differently.
When we first talked you wanted to know if I needed anything from my place, you were thinking of others then. I think you did great during the fire. You will be stronger now from it. Nan and Judy had the same fears, their homes were in the path projected, but the fire held.
Yes, I am grateful for all the caring Timberon got from our friends here. And we had many new ones join CD because of the fire.
I thank all that gave support and help to Timberon, starting wth the firefighters and support team.
And thanks for those that were here giving answers to many questions.
Jane

Old 05-10-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john christie View Post
Hi Timberon;
I am thankful that the fire is out and that nobody lost any love ones. I am deeply sadden for the people who lost there homes and damage to there property. I have property up there so i was very concerned about timberon. I was so moved as to how everyone on this site was talking that i joined ( hope i did this right) I hope to build up there soon. God Bless you All. Hope to chat more and meet some of you all in the near future.
John, We have a great group here on CD that have homes in Timberon, we do have a get together around the 4th of July, so if you are up there please come. We will post on here about it.
Jane

Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 AM

229 posts, read 656,751 times
Hey Chiligal, Is Songs house ok. I know the feeling well, scared stiff. Glad to know that the fire has been contained and or out. Keep in touch with me ok...
And Song if you read this thank goodness you are alright.
Anita

Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrokee69 View Post
Hey Chiligal, Is Songs house ok. I know the feeling well, scared stiff. Glad to know that the fire has been contained and or out. Keep in touch with me ok...
And Song if you read this thank goodness you are alright.
Anita
Song's place is fine. All who post here are fine and no damage to their places. We lost 3 homes to the fire. We give thanks to the great fire fighters and crews. Sure Song will be on here before long.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 AM

7,398 posts, read 19,370,560 times
Yep, my house is alright. A few others lost there homes though and the 2 perm residents here that lost everything are being taken care of.

I've gotta say, I'm still shook up more than I thought I would be but again I'm super thankful that nobody was hurt or killed during this.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 AM

7,398 posts, read 19,370,560 times
An old friend of mine is a retired firefighter in Virginia and this whole fire thing in Timberon now has made me look at firefighters in a new light.
I've always respected what they do and how they do it but now it's sooooooooomuch more.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 AM

This was posted today at New Mexico Fire Information

Timberon Fire Now 100% Contained
Timberon Fire Declared 100% Contained

Timberon Fire Incident Command reports that the fire is now 100% contained and that the team has transitioned the fire back to Otero County Fire officials as of this morning. Otero County resources will continue to monitor the fire area and deal with any hot spots that may develop.

The fire burned 140 acres, destroyed three residences, five out buildings and 10 vehicles.

Sunday, 05-10-09, 09:33AM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico