Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,805 times

Advertisements

We inherited land in the Deming Ranchette but have be told that we cannot sell it unless it is at least 2 acres. Do you know someone who might be interested in adding to their property?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,944 times
You can sell less than two acres, you just need at least 1.5 acres to build.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana View Post
I live in the mountains of northern Arizona. I am an organic farmer. During the winter months, it can be difficult for me to make a living, so i am dreaming of spending the winter months in a warmer climate, thus enabling me to grow food. The Deming ranchettes appeal to me because of the low cost to purchase land. Does anyone know if zoning regulations allow for alternative types of living...yurts, water cisterns, alternative septic systems such as the watson water wick...are these acceptable? Ideally I hope to grow organic lettuces in the wintertime, using a low-water drip system fed from the water cistern. Also, if I do decide on a purchase of two acres or more, are farm animals allowed, specifically goats?

Goat cheese anyone?
Have 3 & one/half acres in deming ranchettes, (with home, septic, well, etc.)
I know that the only restriction on livestock is this:NO Swine!! Should tell you this in your deed.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 AM

14 posts, read 65,548 times
Default Try Google Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugenestone View Post
Has any one been to Deming Ranchetts say in the last few years, was looking for picture but unable to find anything.Would ther be anyone close willing to get a few pictures??
I placed a similiar post in a different thread, but again I want to let you know (and anyone who would like a semi-recent photo) to give Google Earth a try.

The program is a free download from Google and has a feature called street view that is a "real" 360 degree photo of whatever area you are looking at. You can "see" any property that's near pavement, the city of Deming (or any city in the world), the streets, the amount of development, whatever.

I think the photos are a year or more old (maybe as much as 5 years). I've never been to our property (yet) in the Ranchetts, but I've seen it quite a few times

Of course, everything, everywhere is visible via the satellite view, but the actual Street Level photos are like being there.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I have been "touring" New Mexico with Google street view. The towns around Albuquerque seem to have recent pictures judging form the melting snow. These images can be quite revealing.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have been "touring" New Mexico with Google street view. The towns around Albuquerque seem to have recent pictures judging form the melting snow. These images can be quite revealing.
I am guessing that the Google Street Views are at least 18 months old.

I street-viewed my former house yesterday, and the picture they showed was--ironically enough--the same day I left for good. I knew that because the buyer had a duct-cleaning service that was there for only one day.

I then Googled my current house here in Alamogordo, and they showed the yard with no additions, and it is the same time frame. It was after I had moved in, because my trash container was out on the curb.

It has become a true time-waster. The thing fascinates me to death, LOL!!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,249 times
Cool ordinance 37

About 2 1/2 years ago I bought 2- 1/2 acre lots that are not in the same units in the deming ranchettes.no one had mentioned ordinance 37 now when I would like to put a mobile home in find out there is nothing I can due because of septic tank resrtrictions.first of all I think that the county recorder or who ever records deeds should not record property's at 1/2 acre if you can not build on them,at least they should insist on a clause that a new owner has been notified of article 37 as to keep people like me from getting ripped off on eBay.2nd I used to live in a small town dolan springs arizona the same situation existed that a devoloper sold hudreds of thousands of half acre and larger parcels many years ago. there were clusters of half of an acre lots devoloped all over the place called sub divisions also many lots in town were 1/2 acres was plenty of land for septic tanks and their was no problems associated with them.for now I will hold onto my land maybe something will change,but I feel I bought legal land in a recorded unit and I should have the right to move there

Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM

40 posts, read 156,964 times
Default Home for Sale

I have a nice 3/2 for 125k and a 2 in Tor C and a few in Silver City, i really need to sell

Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,805 times
Contact Malinda Mahnke of Coldwell Banker. She's a very honest realtor and has listed some property in the Deming Ranchette. She can tell you exactly what is legal and what is not allowed. The number is 575-546-6088.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM

4 posts, read 24,215 times
I don't believe that is true. You can the land regardless of the size. But, in order for it to be of any useful purpose like living on it, it must be at least 1.5 acres or 3 lots. The ideal size would be 2 acres or 4 lots. I smaller you probably need to find the owners of the adjacent lots and contact them about your great offer. Or they may sell you theirs. It is possible to come our ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico