Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:21 AM

7 posts, read 59,740 times

Advertisements

anyone know anything about Deming, NM as far a living conditions, crime, etc....I've checked out the info on city data site but anything else anyone could tell me would be appreciated....I'm thinking about relocating in that area from Maryland........tired of the winters here.....thanks....

Last edited by rick415; 06-18-2006 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2006, 08:52 AM

827 posts, read 5,078,454 times
I have only been through Deming and can tell you it is a desert town but you can check out a free site cityofdeming.org for more info.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 PM

3 posts, read 40,389 times
I Like Deming Enough That I Bought 3 Properties Over There. Nice Quiet Retirement Community. Very Warm Climate. Attracts Many Floridians. Not Many Trees.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM

17 posts, read 311,779 times
Default Stay Out of Deming

The winters in Deming will not be much better than in Maryland. It will snow less in Deming but the winters in Deming are still very cold. Deming is a run down dilapidated crime ridden town in the middle of the New Mexico desert.The cost of living in Deming is very cheap but you will see why if you end up moving there. Juvenile crime runs rampant in Deming and the schools are absolutely terrible. Deming, New Mexico is not the nice town that the people of Deming say it is. I know alot about Deming, New Mexico. I almost moved there until I found out the truth of how terrible this small town really is. I have done extensive research on the city of Deming, New Mexico and I would not even advise my worst enemy to move to Deming, New Mexico.

If you are looking for a nice place in New Mexico I would suggest the Alamogordo - Ruidoso-Cloudcroft area. The winters are kind of cold but its a much better area.

I hope this message reaches you in time.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 41,518 times
Default to Sandoval re: Deming

I totally disagree....we love Deming (notice my log in name). I have two
teenage children and have had no trouble what so ever from them or their
friends. They are both high school graduates and both attend college. My husband works at the local hospital as an R N and he loves it! He does not see many cases of battery or violent crimes.We have never been a victim
of crime. Yes the town is small and there are homes that could use some tending too but, what city doesnt have that type of situation. I dont know where you did your research or who told you the school systems are bad. We have meet very nice and well educated teachers throughout the school district and in fact one of my daughters teachers has even become a mentor to her. We also came from Maryland and, we are very glad we moved. I have never met a nicer group of people than in Deming. It's the kind of town where you can stay to yourself if you like or, you can go into town and talk to people. WE LOVE IT and I would recommend to anyone that I know, move to Deming, you will be very happy!!

Old 07-12-2006, 01:23 PM

we love it. we also came from md. frederick md. Glad we did

Old 07-14-2006, 02:59 PM

luvingdeming, how long have you lived in deming? do you live in the town or on the outskirts? I have some land outside of town on whats called deming ranchettes. its several miles southwest of the town.......I know most of that land is undeveloped and I'll be living in the middle of nowhere if I decide to move out there........ do you know anything about the developement of those ranchettes ? I'm hoping I can make a trip out there soon and look around. thanks for your info.....

Old 07-19-2006, 07:38 AM

Hi Rick415, We have lived here for about a year. But, I have visited Deming for over 30 years, every summer and have watched it grow. My great aunt and uncle owned a store here. We do live in the county area. We are close to the chilli fields. We have quite a few neighbors around us but, with enough distance so that we have alot of privacy.Im not sure about the Deming Ranchettes but, I will find that area and write back to let you know how it is looking. Im just curious, what part of Maryland are you in? As I mentioned in one of my blog's, we lived in Frederick MD for about 8 years. Talk to you soon.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the reply, luvingdeming.........I am in Frostburg, MD.........I'm not sure where you are referring to when you mention chilli fields but, as I understand it, you are not right in the town of deming........the ranchettes I mentioned are located south of town ..........the property I own is southwest of town about 12 miles .........those ranchettes are just a very large area of land that some investment group divided up into half acre lots about 40 years ago and sold off............I"m guessing that probably 90% are still undeveloped......its just desert ground.........but some of those lots have had people build on, so it is possible..........look forward to reading your response.......

Old 07-21-2006, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 12,826 times
Default or maybe Deming???

I am also considering Deming as a place to move to as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico