Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,319 times

Advertisements

I also own property in Deming Ranchettes. I am from PA. In fact I am leaving in 3 weeks to go see it. I had no idea that they changed the septic and well rules. If this is true i may be making a trip for nothing. I will never be able to build unless I buy the adjoining lots. If that is even possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 AM

48 posts, read 223,829 times
Default Deming New Mexico

I just got back today monday 1/22/o7 from a four day look at property in Deming N.m. Deming is growing,having built 3 new schools two of them charter schools for excellerated learning.The expanding of the hospital is on going with new side walks/paved street.Talked to some local yong adults working in local windys sunday one inrolled in the ROTC program polite informitive.when asked how do they living in town ,they said its drama,but ok. Lots of building going on in country club estates 55 plus community.Meet many transplants of varing age brackets,loved living in Deming.lots of business for ll your needs auto parts, to curves,blockbuster,walmart superstore/Kmart/diry queen,5 or 6 large hotel chains. RV camper parks,people I meet are helpful friendly informative.generaly proud or the town.S***** are clean main street well kept did the walking tour.Beutiful fountin.Town needs a mall or bowling or movie theater.I liked the area so invested in some retirement property 5 acre cornor lot $I5.000 TAX 34.00 PER YEAR.beutiful Florida mts.view .88 mile off 11 columbus hwy.retire.is 10 to 15 years off ,I think a good investment.do your research before buying.......

Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM

271 posts, read 1,175,497 times
Default Deming

I don't live in Deming but have been there many times and I do live in New
mexico. Deming is very windy at certain times of the year but most of New
Mexico has that problem but Deming really seems to get it bad. If you want
cheap dentists you are close to Mexico and I have been to two very good
dentists there in Palomas. They cost about one half to maybe one third
of a US dentist. I have considered checking out Deming myself but I think
it might be to small and boring. One good feature might be it is about 56 to
59 miles to Las Cruces, NM. Also if you like going to Tucson it is located on
I-10.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:26 PM

10 posts, read 35,088 times
Default property in Deming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
I just got back today monday 1/22/o7 from a four day look at property in Deming N.m. Deming is growing,having built 3 new schools two of them charter schools for excellerated learning.The expanding of the hospital is on going with new side walks/paved street.Talked to some local yong adults working in local windys sunday one inrolled in the ROTC program polite informitive.when asked how do they living in town ,they said its drama,but ok. Lots of building going on in country club estates 55 plus community.Meet many transplants of varing age brackets,loved living in Deming.lots of business for ll your needs auto parts, to curves,blockbuster,walmart superstore/Kmart/diry queen,5 or 6 large hotel chains. RV camper parks,people I meet are helpful friendly informative.generaly proud or the town.S***** are clean main street well kept did the walking tour.Beutiful fountin.Town needs a mall or bowling or movie theater.I liked the area so invested in some retirement property 5 acre cornor lot $I5.000 TAX 34.00 PER YEAR.beutiful Florida mts.view .88 mile off 11 columbus hwy.retire.is 10 to 15 years off ,I think a good investment.do your research before buying.......
Hi TomCat,

Sounds like a sound investment indeed.
I was just wondering if the property you bought had water and electric to property or do you need to drill a well and put in septic??? Sounds like a good investment. I would like to do alittle investing on a piece of land that would be ready in 3=5 years. Were there other 5 acre lots for sale in your section?? I also am looking to buy land and a small house in Alamogordo/Tularosa area. I noticed prices are starting to rise in ther last couple years in Alamo and want to buy now before it becomes impossible finacially speaking. Appriciate any input.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM

48 posts, read 223,829 times
Default deming mew mexico

I just came back from Deming on 1/23/07 the town is a wonderful little town. Went down to check out a retirement property 10 to 15 years off.I loved the area the people friendlyand helpful. weather is great palm trees andsnow capped mountins.they claim350 daysof sunshine and I believe it!!!! 50 degrees in January was fantistic! can you play golf I did!!! great restrunts in town and in Polmas Mexico, I whent to dinner their just 33 miles awa,bring your pass port now though.you cant beat that,except for the fantistic discount on eye glass and prescriptions accross the border.fantistic service and quaility I bought a 5 acer cornor lot beutiful florida mountin views, cant waitto go back to check it out in spring or summes whenall is green and bluming.owner financed 150 per month for 10 years thats 5.40 cents a day tax is 35 dollars a year.!!! dont wait

Old 02-05-2007, 01:13 PM

81 posts, read 347,978 times
Default Country Club Estates

Could anyone familiar with Country Club Estates provide some info? Also, I understand a second phase is in process.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Looking for info on Deming from Locals or future retirees

Looking for info on retirement communities in Deming.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:18 PM

56 posts, read 369,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinusconus View Post
Could anyone familiar with Country Club Estates provide some info? Also, I understand a second phase is in process.
I, too, would like some info on CCE. From a distance, it appears to be a high-quality development----though, the land seems a bit pricey for the size of the lot.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
tomcat: Are the summers ferociously hot? I suppose that at least in humidity is low, which makes a lot of difference. The nights are probably much more bearable than they are here in Ft Worth.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Country Club Estates, Deming + LC

Chairborne Ranger - It apprears that you and I are both researching Deming and Las Cruces. Wish I had more success getting the info I need
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico