Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 AM

786 posts, read 2,667,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro257 View Post
That sounds great, I need to go and see this one.
Or at least find out the exact address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 AM

174 posts, read 623,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Or at least find out the exact address

I'm waiting for an agent to get back to me.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I'm waiting for an agent to get back to me.
Hey Caro, one note about that area. It won't be as "hidden" as the Parkway Village one. Also, even though there are several restaurants (cafes, a chinese take out, pizza, etc), even a bar, and more coming in, there is a recently burnt out building slightly north of that location (Used to be two stores), a long-abandoned for sale gas station about 5 minutes walking north, and another long-abandoned office and lot (for sale) to the south. It is definitely not the most picturesque place around.

Saying that, it is pretty safe place though, and the areas to the west across from Centennial are very nice and green. You'll even be about 5 minutes walking away from a big pond (and the rahway river next to it) with basketball courts and paved walkway around it.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM

Saying that, it is pretty safe place though, and the areas to the west across from Centennial are very nice and green.

THANK GOD YOU SAID THAT KALIM2008 LOL

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Caro,

You might want to check the following...

I saw a small sign for a 2 bedroom condo which was stuck on the lawn of the Cranford Manors, which is along Springfield Ave, close to the downtown. I don't know whether that sign was for that building or for some other building.

It was a weichert sign with the phone # 908-654-4338

You can see google street map images of this here:

Cranford Talk • View topic - Beautiful Cranford Homes and Buildings (http://www.cranfordtalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2168&start=260 - broken link)

I did call about this one, it was a building

But I also asked about the one we were just talking about for 281K and the address is: 30 Park Terrace.

So, is it nice???? I am googling it now...

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I did call about this one, it was a building

But I also asked about the one we were just talking about for 281K and the address is: 30 Park Terrace.

So, is it nice???? I am googling it now...
Well, we were right about the general location; it's pretty much behind the Centennial townhome I gave you, so just about everything I said earlier applies.

I'll add:

PRO: It'll be a bit more private because that seems to be a cul-de-sac and off the main Centennial road. So, probably better looking surroundings. You're also now closer to the Centennial Rec center, with its football/soccer/baseball fields, track fields, and swimming pools.

CON: You'll be kissing the freight train tracks.

With regards to the train...pretty much the entire length of Hillside Ave homes across from Centennial are also right next to the train station. If you can ask some of those people about the noise level and whether it gets bad, then that will help. Certainly, the proximity to the train rails don't seem to have affected their zillow values.

Last edited by kalim2008; 04-14-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Well, we were right about the general location; it's pretty much behind the Centennial townhome I gave you, so just about everything I said earlier applies.

I'll add:

PRO: It'll be a bit more private because that seems to be a cul-de-sac and off the main Centennial road. So, probably better looking surroundings.

CON: You'll be kissing the freight train tracks.
CRAP those can be loud, I can't really see the backyard but the agent is trying to fit me for this Sunday. I hope they're not running throughout the backyard just like the gardenstate did lol

Old 04-14-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
CRAP those can be loud, I can't really see the backyard but the agent is trying to fit me for this Sunday. I hope they're not running throughout the backyard just like the gardenstate did lol
One thing more you can try. You can't really go knocking on the doors of homes in Hillside Ave, but the Hillside Ave school is only slightly farther (across the street), so you may be able to visit the school on a school day and just ask the people in the main office about it. I'm sure if the trains were that bothersome all day these people would know.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
One thing more you can try. You can't really go knocking on the doors of homes in Hillside Ave, but the Hillside Ave school is only slightly farther (across the street), so you may be able to visit the school on a school day and just ask the people in the main office about it. I'm sure if the trains were that bothersome all day these people would know.
You're right, I'll do that.

Another thing I need (what else is new ) is a good mortgage broker. Have anyone on your mind? We did do a preapproval few months ago in NY but the good faith statement expired and the guy lost his job in the process

much appreciated

Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Caro,

I emailed (well, forum mailed) you the contact info of those two homes for sale. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey