Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 AM

174 posts, read 622,995 times

Advertisements

Sorry I didn’t right last week. Here is what happened on Saturday (sine we rescheduled to see the listing). The apartment in PV for 268K was across the street from the other one we saw 2 weeks ago. For those who actually went to PV it was located right by the parking lot for residents. The floors were carpeted, the tiles in the kitchen old, walls were chipped and it looked like it required a lot of work. That, however, wasn’t the worst part. The apartment is currently occupied by a tenant who is moving out in May, reason why the listing isn’t on the market yet. She was nice enough to show us the laundry room and storage room, both located on the side of the building. She opened the front door and there it was, boom- garden state parkway lol! It felt like we were in the middle of the highway!
From that point on I didn’t even care what she was showing me but went with the flow since she really didn’t have to do that.

The realtor said that they were out of their minds asking for that much.

So, we are still waiting for another opportunity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 AM

786 posts, read 2,666,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro257 View Post
Sorry I didn’t right last week. Here is what happened on Saturday (sine we rescheduled to see the listing). The apartment in PV for 268K was across the street from the other one we saw 2 weeks ago. For those who actually went to PV it was located right by the parking lot for residents. The floors were carpeted, the tiles in the kitchen old, walls were chipped and it looked like it required a lot of work. That, however, wasn’t the worst part. The apartment is currently occupied by a tenant who is moving out in May, reason why the listing isn’t on the market yet. She was nice enough to show us the laundry room and storage room, both located on the side of the building. She opened the front door and there it was, boom- garden state parkway lol! It felt like we were in the middle of the highway!
From that point on I didn’t even care what she was showing me but went with the flow since she really didn’t have to do that.

Sorry about that....

Yeah, those condos are by the parkway, so i'm not actually sure why they go for so high.

In another thread, someone pointed out a SF home for only $275k

The road is busy, and you'll also be in the border (this right next to Clark or Winfield Park - in fact, I think the house opposite is on the other town as the border runs along raritan road - LOL), and the home seems kinda small, but it is 3 br and a SF home. You'll also be walking distance to shoprite over at clark (although that shoprite seems to be always too busy)

One problem is that it will be a rather long walk to downtown from there.

1114 Raritan Road, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia

More condos, the second one being close to downtown.
Address Not Disclosed, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia
217 Prospect Avenue, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia

Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Sorry about that....

Yeah, those condos are by the parkway, so i'm not actually sure why they go for so high.

In another thread, someone pointed out a SF home for only $275k

The road is busy, and you'll also be in the border (this right next to Clark or Winfield Park - in fact, I think the house opposite is on the other town as the border runs along raritan road - LOL), and the home seems kinda small, but it is 3 br and a SF home. You'll also be walking distance to shoprite over at clark (although that shoprite seems to be always too busy)

One problem is that it will be a rather long walk to downtown from there.

1114 Raritan Road, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia

More condos, the second one being close to downtown.
Address Not Disclosed, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia
217 Prospect Avenue, Cranford NJ 07016 - Trulia

Thanks but we aren’t read to deal with problems that come with owning a house, just too much maintenanceJ
As to the second one you sent, that was the apartment we saw and was snatched right before our eyes, we tried to make an offer but it was already in contract (a day after we saw it), the third one is only 1 bedroom and we really need 2. What was good about the second apt, which was in PV, it was on the other side and the noise wasn’t so blunt and distracting.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 PM

526 posts, read 2,069,890 times
Quote:

Yeah, my friend's a realtor and she said the current tenants have really done a number on that place. She did say the units on the other end of that row are really nice. However, none of them are up for sale at the moment. Sorry to hear that.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks but we aren’t read to deal with problems that come with owning a house, just too much maintenanceJ
As to the second one you sent, that was the apartment we saw and was snatched right before our eyes, we tried to make an offer but it was already in contract (a day after we saw it), the third one is only 1 bedroom and we really need 2. What was good about the second apt, which was in PV, it was on the other side and the noise wasn’t so blunt and distracting.
Ah, well, I guess we'll keep looking.

If you have any other questions though, feel free to ask or PM.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
Yeah, my friend's a realtor and she said the current tenants have really done a number on that place. She did say the units on the other end of that row are really nice. However, none of them are up for sale at the moment. Sorry to hear that.

It's a shame. I hope people will start selling them soon, I like them!
Please keep me in mind if you hear something.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM

526 posts, read 2,069,890 times
Quote:
It's a shame. I hope people will start selling them soon, I like them!
Please keep me in mind if you hear something.
I absolutely will.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM

I noticed there's something called Make Me Move in zillow, which is usually good for a laugh, but may pinpoint people who are looking to move if the price is right.

One of those is a place in Parkway Village.

Talk about heightened expectations, this owner wants $320,000 for his place, which has a z-est of $230,000 (and yes, i do know zillow is sometimes far out there)

42A Parkway Vlg, Cranford, NJ 07016 - Zillow

Methinks he's gonna be waiting a LONG time....

Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM

183 posts, read 501,273 times
At least in this case, the z-estimate is in line with recently listed comps. So it wouldn't be too crazy to make an offer at that level, or a little above based on condition and updates. The worst that can happen is that it gets rejected. Apparently the owners are at least in the mindset of selling.

Then again, I'm still not enthusiastic about Parkway Village. Too many negatives.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingNJ View Post
At least in this case, the z-estimate is in line with recently listed comps. So it wouldn't be too crazy to make an offer at that level, or a little above based on condition and updates. The worst that can happen is that it gets rejected. Apparently the owners are at least in the mindset of selling.
Yes, but have you seen some of these Make Me Walk...some are just plain ludicrous, as if we were back in 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey