Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 PM

52 posts, read 207,039 times

Advertisements

If you are arrested on gang related crime in NJ - there are extra penalties because it is gang related - which includes mandatory time served. Unfortunatly, all this does is introduce them to more gangs! Where do they think they started? But it's hard for those kids to get out. Blood in - blood out. And the blood they have to shed is MUCH worse to get out than to get in , especially since many gangs are forgoing the "blood in" part because it's causing too many kids to not want to join. I guess even gangs worry about negative publicity....duh!

It kills me. I've seen kids who can't read or even write thier own name be able to sign their stupid little street signals like Hellen Keller in her prime! It just goes to show how intelligent these kids really are. It's ashame they have to join the gang to feel like they're in a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 07:00 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,981,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First, Sublime sucks. Second, compared the prices of Seton Hall and Rutgers to PSU and UW. Obviously, one does NOT have to be a trust-fund baby like 99.9% of Rutgers students...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...
We should all consider ourselves extremely lucky that this kid never got up the nerve to pull a Columbine style massacre.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,374 times
gangs in morristown??

Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

330 posts, read 1,198,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
gangs in morristown??
Morristown has a gang problem as well as an illegal alien problem.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,637 times
Gangs are everywhere, in one form or another, and have been throughout human history (high road bandits, cutthroats, pirates, etc.). It is what a society as a whole does to improve the standards of common people that can improve a social situation. Unfortunately, this requires change. A change in education (familial), a change in majority-minority interaction, a change in social-economic structure, and a change in the representatives of the people (local magistrates, government, presidential committee). Locking up the hardcore, anti-social elements is only a fraction of what has to be done.
Now, will this happen? Not in our life time. Fear of change and the unknown prevents the majority from doing much. Perhaps, they feel that all minorities should be responsible for succeeding and making something of themselves. I agree with that observation, but unfortunately our industrial revolution (Northern) has passed, and the generations of rich entrepreneurs won't give up an iota of their business. You can't blame them (or time), but what does that leave? A vacuum in the economy. Why? Because minorities aren't viewed as equal and are thus subjected to the excrements of society. This country has a capitalist-imperialist system and the all mighty dollar is the most important thing. Therefore, the private powers in charge are primarily concerned with making more money (internationally is the present step).
Has this always been the case? No, but things are rapidly deteriorating and macro segregation in our country has always existed, supported by prejudice (indirect and direct), personal interests (as in a select group only), and contemporary trends.

Gangs will continue to exist in a society that breeds apathy, fear, and greed.

I lived in Brooklyn for a year and a half and then moved to Paterson, NJ - between the ages of 5 and 6. I grew up in Paterson (among violence, gangs, and fellow minorities).

Today, I'm a grad student going for a Master's in Biology and will go for a Ph.D. in Immunology when I'm done. Is that the rule for most minorities in this country (and the common people in their original country)? No. But I was lucky that my parents were educated and understood how this society ran. That was one of the elements that I talked about above.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:35 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,757,400 times
Muchos Rep points!! I couldnt have said it better myself.

I grew up in the projects/streets of Elizabeth and while I'm not trying to get my PHD I AM successful and making something of myself. My environment was a factor but it was my family and my determination to get OUT fo that life that made the difference.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,559 times
wow

i have read some of the dumbest most ignorant posts ever.

the just lockem all up mentality is typical of armchair activists and braindead boob tubers.

you want to end gang violence you have to end isms..(racism...feminism....sexism etc) and get back to fundamentals...community first...not me I myself.. some of you are talking about the cities like theyre bahgdad...whens the last time youve actually gone outside it sounds like many of you are having illusions of granduer.. thes e "criminals" arent animals and if were given a clear right path they would take it..

blame cable tv...blame movies.. reverse morality and perversion of truth..youre busy blaming the victims....and then in turn probrably vote for either of the criminal senate candidates (zimmer or lautenberg) and then go home and act like youve dont your job..

im from new brunswick...lived in newark and now perth amboy and yes things happen...were still humans.. the lockemup mentality means you view black and latinos poor people in general as chattle not humans..

Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,672,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaat View Post
thes e "criminals" arent animals and if were given a clear right path they would take it..
Shooting death.. stabbing death... rape/murder...

Ummm... yeah. Victim? Get off the crack buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaat View Post
the lockemup mentality means you view black and latinos poor people in general as chattle not humans..
Who says they were all black and latino? Get your head out your butt, they weren't, and stop making gang violence about racism; its an ignorant response to reality.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 AM

12 posts, read 39,999 times
Has anyone considered locking up the government workers in the criminal justice system who systematically racial profile and without recuse charge minority offenders, while they let mon-minority offenders go for the same or worse crime? Or better yet, the DEA and local law enforcement officials who allow obvious drug trafficking and violence against other minorities to go unchecked in high minority population areas while punishing it vehemently in white areas. Or perhaps, best yet, let us locate all of the former Klan members (many of whom migrated to NJ from the South and whose descendants are here now) whose actions helped create this world of poverty and violence for 25% of blacks (and now Hispanics) and punish them for their participation in crimes against humanity (lynches, murderers, rapes, etc.) like we do former Nazi war criminals?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2be View Post
Has anyone considered locking up the government workers in the criminal justice system who systematically racial profile and without recuse charge minority offenders, while they let mon-minority offenders go for the same or worse crime? Or better yet, the DEA and local law enforcement officials who allow obvious drug trafficking and violence against other minorities to go unchecked in high minority population areas while punishing it vehemently in white areas. Or perhaps, best yet, let us locate all of the former Klan members (many of whom migrated to NJ from the South and whose descendants are here now) whose actions helped create this world of poverty and violence for 25% of blacks (and now Hispanics) and punish them for their participation in crimes against humanity (lynches, murderers, rapes, etc.) like we do former Nazi war criminals?
I guess u dug up a 3 year old post because the NJSP locked up gangsters. When u become a doctor let me know your name because I wouldn't want to go to you for treatment. It sounds like you would probably slit my throat because I'm the "White Man".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey