Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,644,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I'm surprised some of them were from Scotch Plains and Piscataway. Gangs don't come to mind when I think about these towns. I was also shocked about the 12 year old, but even more so about the 69 year old!
the real dangerous gangsters [who have money] live and operate in suburbs where the money is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,684,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
As I said, yes, WE SHOULD LOCK UP THE GANGS MEMBERS, HOWEVER, measures should be taken to PROVENT kids from joing gangs in the first place...measures which, the guido-esque inhabitants of this worthless cesspool of a state never ask for...throw that in the same catagory as non-corrupt statesmen and women, clean air, open space, affordability etc as things that the populace of Jersey never ask for.
Once again, I have to go with silly.

1) Most here are not guidos.
2) There are many programs already being worked on, including, but not limited to:
  • COPS & OJJDP - What Parents Can Do to Prevent Gang Involvement
  • New Jersey’s Online Gang Free Community
  • Robert Walker’s Gangs Or Us
  • G.R.E.A.T. - Gang Resistance Education and Training Program
  • G.R.I.P.E. - Gang Reduction through Intervention, Prevention, and Education
  • The Phoenix Curriculum
  • The New Jersey State League of Municipalities (NJLM) has offered workshops for community leaders and government officials and regularly provides updates about news and best practices on dealing with gangs.
  • Various library programs and curriculum
3) NJ has some of the highest rankings for clean air
4) NJ has tons of preserved open space - hell, half my town is.
5) Some of the most common posts here are about affordability & fighting corruption

Let me add that there will be crumpets at my tea party.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,118,797 times
What about a prison colony like Britain did with Australia...can't we just send them all to Mexico...or Alaska?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
As I said, yes, WE SHOULD LOCK UP THE GANGS MEMBERS, HOWEVER, measures should be taken to PROVENT kids from joing gangs in the first place...measures which, the guido-esque inhabitants of this worthless cesspool of a state never ask for...throw that in the same catagory as non-corrupt statesmen and women, clean air, open space, affordability etc as things that the populace of Jersey never ask for.

These ruffians are most likely lost forever. It is the next batch that I am worried about. Instead of just being happy that the criminals are being locked up, people should ask that steps be taken to provent to criminals from being created in the first place. As they say, "an ounce of provention is worth a pound of cure"
Isn't it "an ounce of prevention in inner cities costs suburban tax payers billions...with no cure"

Old 04-28-2008, 12:54 PM

717 posts, read 776,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
What about a prison colony like Britain did with Australia...can't we just send them all to Mexico...or Alaska?
How about Antartica with no clothes?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
How about Antartica with no clothes?
That might be too harsh...Alaska or Mexico (provided we have better border security) will do just fine.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,542,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
That might be too harsh...Alaska or Mexico (provided we have better border security) will do just fine.
You are making me laugh!! this is a good one!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,692,435 times
Start arming all the good citzens in area and set up out reach programs at the local black churches you will see those areas clean up their own towns and stop waiting for the police to do something. Shoot all those bastards and get them off the street.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,998,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Start arming all the good citzens in area and set up out reach programs at the local black churches you will see those areas clean up their own towns and stop waiting for the police to do something. Shoot all those bastards and get them off the street.
Now that's odd. In the thread about North Trenton you talk about how if that part of the city were to become non-white it would become a "jungle" just like "the rest of Trenton." In this thread you advocate outreach programs in black churches? What was it Churchill said? An enigma, wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in mystery? Can't say I disagree with the benefit of a well armed citizenry though.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,992,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Once again, I have to go with silly.

1) Most here are not guidos.
2) There are many programs already being worked on, including, but not limited to:
  • COPS & OJJDP - What Parents Can Do to Prevent Gang Involvement
  • New Jersey’s Online Gang Free Community
  • Robert Walker’s Gangs Or Us
  • G.R.E.A.T. - Gang Resistance Education and Training Program
  • G.R.I.P.E. - Gang Reduction through Intervention, Prevention, and Education
  • The Phoenix Curriculum
  • The New Jersey State League of Municipalities (NJLM) has offered workshops for community leaders and government officials and regularly provides updates about news and best practices on dealing with gangs.
  • Various library programs and curriculum
3) NJ has some of the highest rankings for clean air
4) NJ has tons of preserved open space - hell, half my town is.
5) Some of the most common posts here are about affordability & fighting corruption

Let me add that there will be crumpets at my tea party.
Let me add that all the above programs that you mention are obviously NOT WORKING. One of the scientific definitions of insanity is doing the same action repeatedly while expecting a different result than what has already been observed...in other words, New Jersey is, indeed, insane.

Take, for example, what they did in Boston, WHICH WORKED, called "Operation Ceasfire". Boston Gun Project

But, of course, New Jersey is far to corrupt and it's populace to idiotic to ever implement such a program...of course, it was Boston, with it's British heritage, that had the brain power to actually achieve something...while Jersey, who's inhabitants subscribe to a...Euro-Southern tradition that outright EMBRACES corruption, ineffectiveness, crime (organized usually) and short-term gains for ones chums and family over long-turn gains for the entire community. It is no wonder than that New Jersey, for a variety of reasons, is an unliveable place.

I have lived here my entire life and cannot WAIT to move! By the way, I am half Italian, half black, so do not accuse me of being racist. I am "culturalist," however, as New Jersey's Euro-Southern culture is obviously disgusting and should be replaced by more effective British-American sensibilities and common sense. But alas, my "countrymen" do not see the need to abandon their guinea tees, little gold chains, crude language, hair gel, loud mouths, racism, sexism, homophobia, "soupep up" automobiles, and endless bowls of that Italian gruel covered in tomato feces (i.e., pasta with that wretched tomato sauce by Christ but do I hate Italian food!) and the Sopranos and real life organized crime. Instead, they continue to wallow in their own depravity like a swine enjoying so much slop.

As for "open space" in New Jersey... HAH! that's rich. I suppose there are also top notch beaches in Nebraska? The largest state Forest in New Jersey is Wharton State Forest, which is about 40 square kilometres of BOG. I have been there and I can tell you, it's a bloody swamp! I was waiting for Grendel to attack me at any given moment. Compared to Olympia or Mount Hood, it's nothing more than a large back yard. As for air quality...are you joking? Drive an hour into upstate New York and take a deep breath, than come back to central New Jersey and tell me if there isn't a difference.

I also doubt you will have tea, as 99.9% of New Jerseyians drink only Heineken or cheap wine at gatherings followed by the occasional "Jager bomb" to celebrate the Yankees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey