Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM

468 posts, read 427,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
We need to put an end to the expansion of thug territory and exterminate it at the roots. Time to crackdown the gangs and thugs in Newark and Camden with an iron fist. Use a similar tactic to what Guliani followed to clean up NYC. Trust me, nothing else will work.
Exactly. People don't realize the long lasting effects until the problem starts spilling into their backyard. Meanwhile, its ok for these same thugs to terrorize the other innocent people within their own neighborhood. Crackdowns need to happen - not in your backyard, but at the landfill.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:56 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,013,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe I watch the ID channel too much. This sounds suspicious. The lawyer's wife is IN the car, yet these two guys pop up, kill the guy, allow her to get out of the car alive, and just drive away without touching her. Sounds like a hit to me.
I won't say it's impossible though I personally don't think it's the case. It's the holiday season, more people are shopping, buying expensive things, it's a good time to rob someone if you're that type of despicable person. Malls are a great place to prey: dark parking garages, lots of luxury cars at Short Hills, wealth, etc.

I'm wondering if he was defending her (and the car… really defending against the whole situation) and was shot in the process. Maybe he fought them, tried to talk them out of it, they didn't want to hear it and shot him. I'm not surprised the wife wasn't hurt, honestly. I think it's plausible these are just two heartless criminals who wanted either the car or whatever they had just bought and put inside, and maybe this poor man got in their way and she didn't. Who knows? Not us yet, that's for sure. Maybe we never will. I just hope they find these guys. Hit or not (I doubt it was a hit, just saying), they killed this poor man and need to be found. They're dangerous.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,154,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
His wife was also there and unharmed, it's possible he was defending HER.

It is just so sad. I go to Short Hills Mall all the time, it's my favorite. It's hard to imagine this happening in such a place. I guess the thugs are branching out of Newark.
^^^This. The parking garages have plenty of jungle bird calls (what' up with that?) but you never see any security. I love that mall, it is beautiful, but they need more visible security. Cameras are not enough.

The mall management *thinks* they may add more security measures. Of course that is what they are telling the media:

Short Hills mall might consider security changes after fatal carjacking, manager says | NJ.com

Old 12-16-2013, 04:33 PM

49 posts, read 85,214 times
Dumb question. Please don't jump down my throat because this question is coming from a person that is going to grad school in Bodymore, Murderland and reads how the boards are critical about Plainfield and Newark places that I plan to live and work. I was only wondering why the couple did not use the valet service? I know of no mall having that service.
Again, I hope to be living in your state in the next year. I am a little/very nervous. I have never been on my own since undergrad when I lived in NC. I will take my father's advice, "If you don't pick with people you don't have to worry about them bothering you." I will bring my bible, cross and a lot of prayer.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,074,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Not hard to imagine at all, the thugs ARE branching out of Newark. Have been for years.
Filth has been radiating out of Newark for years and the pace as only increased over the years. If there ever was a case for urban renewal Newark is it! Clear the place out, tear things up and start all over again.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe I watch the ID channel too much. This sounds suspicious. The lawyer's wife is IN the car, yet these two guys pop up, kill the guy, allow her to get out of the car alive, and just drive away without touching her. Sounds like a hit to me.
Car jacking is one thing, kidnapping and so forth is another. Filth that commit these crimes know this and that is why either they ditch autos when say they discover a child or infant in the back seat and or let out/remove same and then keep on going.

There was no way to easily get out of that parking garage with hysterical woman in the car, so they would have to either kill her as well or .....

My guess is as the news is reporting the husband was defending his wife and would not back down. Filth know they only have a limited amount of time before others either walk onto the scene or come in response to the screams/gun shot so they did what they thought they had to do and didn't want to leave empty handed.

By killing the attorney that "hot" Range Rover became more so and thus harder to dispose of either by selling it on or attempting to ship out of the USA. So filth took what they could (gifts/shopping) and left the thing abandoned.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
short hills mall is a nice fancy mall that seems to be too close to bad places. ive lost interest in going there.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Not hard to imagine at all, the thugs ARE branching out of Newark. Have been for years.
Only reason to go to Newark is to leave the country/area via airplane; otherwise the place is mostly a blighted and crime infested sewer. Even Cory Booker legged it out of there soon as he could.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,082,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
short hills mall is a nice fancy mall that seems to be too close to bad places. ive lost interest in going there.
Its not THAT close to Newark. Garden State Plaza & Willowbrook are probably closer to Paterson than SHM is to Newark.

Horrible things happen all over. A Berlin Wall around Newark will do nothing. Except free up more space for grafiti.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Its not THAT close to Newark. Garden State Plaza & Willowbrook are probably closer to Paterson than SHM is to Newark.

Horrible things happen all over. A Berlin Wall around Newark will do nothing. Except free up more space for grafiti.
thats been my observation for a while now. i dont know exactly where they come from but when im in the short hills mall, there are too many non-fancy people there.

i dont support a wall around newark. maybe a lot of police check points on the roads to/from it and no public transportation out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey