Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
It was co-ed until the early 50's or so.

Marist has been co-ed for about 20 years now if you didn't know!
Well, I like to learn something new every day, so today I have learned two factoids about Bayonne.

We didn't arrive in Bayonne until 1956, and I was probably not even aware of HFA until...maybe...1960 or so.

As to Marist...it just goes to show you that I should visit Bayonne more often. (or maybe not )
I moved out of the town in 1974, and only visited family in Bayonne on occasion after that point.

Live and loin, as they say in Jersey City!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:22 PM

303 posts, read 920,126 times
The anti-Christie / pro-Obama fan boys in thie forum show how pathtic the opposition to Christie is. Christie has crushed the union-mafia-complex thugs adn now their on-the-run they got nowhere to hide.

They come on here spouting their anti-USA / pro-OWS propoganda but can't state what exactly they fear about Christie other than he's a fatty and he's rude to their cup-cake/snow-flake emotional personalitys.

Why arn't you guys talking about policy such as how his policy has results in thousands of jobs in NJ and RISING home prices ... yes amazing isnt it - we have RISING homes prices in NJ thanks to the pro-business policys of Gov. Christie.

Why don't you talk that stuff insttead of the childish insults of him being a fatty and/or rude to your cup-cake/snow-flake personalitys.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
So there's nothing anyone can object to about any politician without being accused of partisanship? Great hopes this gives me for the success of our democracy - rudeness is good, civility is dead, diplomacy is for wusses, and there's only "us" vs. "them". Miss the United States of America.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Two words: McGreevey and Corzine.

Christie is worlds better then the perv and the crook.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:16 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,343,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sam View Post
Thank you. Well said. This guy is a bully and an ass. Can't wait till he's out of office. He is a liar and a cheat who favors the rich. He hands out high paying patronage jobs at the Port Authority to all his friends while he criticizes that place for being dysfunctional. His administration is a joke. An acquaintance of mine got a high level job paying more than $150,000 in one if the state offices just because he worked on his campaign. And he's not even qualified to do the job.

Trust me, many of his campaign friends got jobs like that. Upper management in the state offices (well, at least in mine) has doubled.

Also, those state cops who get to guard him when he's acting like this.. well most of them think he's acting like a moron too.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
The anti-Christie / pro-Obama fan boys in thie forum show how pathtic the opposition to Christie is. Christie has crushed the union-mafia-complex thugs adn now their on-the-run they got nowhere to hide.

They come on here spouting their anti-USA / pro-OWS propoganda but can't state what exactly they fear about Christie other than he's a fatty and he's rude to their cup-cake/snow-flake emotional personalitys.

Why arn't you guys talking about policy such as how his policy has results in thousands of jobs in NJ and RISING home prices ... yes amazing isnt it - we have RISING homes prices in NJ thanks to the pro-business policys of Gov. Christie.

Why don't you talk that stuff insttead of the childish insults of him being a fatty and/or rude to your cup-cake/snow-flake personalitys.
Pickle you live in Penn. to start, home prices are far from rising and our unemployment rate is 9.2%, higher than the national average. How has he CRUSHED union thugs. If your talking about killing the tunnel project that resulted in the loss of thousands of decent middle class jobs, not taking 3 billion dollars in federal stimulus money than you are correct. If your talking about govt. workers they have to pay some more to their healthcare. I think your watching fox to much. And no, I'm not voting for Obama.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
thousands of jobs in NJ and RISING home prices
What are you smoking? NJ unemployment is now at 9.2 percent and rising. Home prices?? Only four states have a higher rate than NJ

Yes, going up slightly from the rock bottom levels. So now home owners may see their homes valued at 50 percent of what they were years ago.

On the other hand Christie is busy setting up his buddies in privatized businesses so they can make a killing. Christie has done little except promote himself for a Federal position. I have no doubt that a good percentage of these "disputes" have been setups. He gets his ideas from old Jerry Springer episodes.

He's so worried about the state..yet spends little time here. He puts more effort into placing buddies into six figure Port Authority positions.

Quote:
And he's not even qualified to do the job.
Hey, either was Christie when he was put into the position of Federal Prosecutor. But I guess bringing in a lot of campaign money was the only criteria for the job.
Quote:

pro-business policys of Gov. Christie
Are they the policies where he gives a hundred plus million to move the company a few miles? Great policy.

Last edited by rscalzo; 07-08-2012 at 08:19 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,147 times
I would like to see a Vice Presidential debate between Christie and Biden. Entertainment at it's best! It would have to be aired on HBO.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:23 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Again let me say this ANY FAT GUY eating an ice cream cone and "trying" to get into a fight on the Seaside Heights boardwalk is super funny.
Hope that helps.
Regarding our Gov everyone has a right to their own opinion but it does not take away from Fat,Fight and SSH boardwalk.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Some people have "beer muscles" on the boardwalk and get out of hand. CC seems to have "vanilla soft-serve cone muscles".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey