Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 AM

6 posts, read 18,643 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

This forums have been great source of knowledge.

I wanted to ask couple more questions about Cambridge Heights @ Nutley, NJ.

We have been looking houses there and fine with price/tax everything. The location is really good and the community itself is great (hopefully). We wanted to know couple basic questions since we never lived in the community nor we have had any friends living there.

1) What are the cable/internet options there ? The reason i ask this basic is, i lived in a condo where we were restricted to have just one cable internet option, and it was horrible.

I checked online options with verizon and cambridge heights unit can have verizon internet (slow speed 0.5-1 mbps) and directv cable. Please let me know if there are more options.

2) I heard for commute there is a bus to NYC Port authority but just wanted to ask what if the work place is in downtown (near wtc) any better options ?

Anything else anyone has to say please feel free, It would help make our decision of coming there or not

(It won't matter but just saying : We are indian and we also saw couple of indian families living there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM

2,389 posts, read 2,346,679 times
Quote:
2) I heard for commute there is a bus to NYC Port authority but just wanted to ask what if the work place is in downtown (near wtc) any better options ?
Two options: 1)Walk to Delawanna station, train to Hoboken then PATH or 2) If your job is the typical 9-5, take the 74 bus from Washington Ave to Branch Brook Park, take the subway to Penn Station Newark then take the PATH. The 2nd option is cheaper but might take longer. The 13 and 27 buses also serve Cambridge Heights on Washington Ave and goes straight into downtown Newark but you either have to walk from Broad St to Penn Station or take a light rail/subway in, plus it's a 2-zone ride for the 13 and 27($72 monthly) vs a 1-zone ride for the 74 & subway transfer($54 monthly). More info for the buses here: New Jersey Transit

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 AM

6 posts, read 18,643 times
Thanks a lot Marv, That was good help.

If you are living in the community, can you tell me cable internet options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey