Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 PM

8 posts, read 41,195 times

Advertisements

Just bought a ryan home! You'll LOVE IT!!!! GOOD LUCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,238 times
hello, we are thinking of buying home at christopher estates... savoy model on clu-de-sac.... would like to hear from others abt their experiences.. what abt the delivery date?? they say april/may... but i saw a few messages on this board posted prior to july saying they expected this nov/dec... apparently it is not going to happen i guess as i don;t see any construction.. any thoughts??

Old 11-06-2007, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 11,682 times
Hello. My husband and I just looked at the new construction at Christopher estates. We are worried that everything we read is optional. Does anyone have any details as to how much options add to the bottom line. I am looking for examples such as an upgraded master bath and for an island in the kitchen. It seems that everything is an extra. This is our first time with new construction and just am looking for some guidance.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM

250 posts, read 1,112,690 times
Usually with new construction everything you are going to want will unfortunately be an extra. The builder should have paper hand-outs that list everything that is standard and sometimes a builder might give you a print out of all the options w/prices that they offer, but you would have to ask them for it. Or you might be able to visit their home studio if they have one. The best thing to do is talk to a sales rep and tell them you would like to price out what you would want if you were to purchase a home there.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Your right and unfortunately that is the one thing I forgot to ask for today when talking to the sales rep. Maybe I can ask them to fax it to me. In the meantime, I was wondering if any one knew the price range for the extras for these homes. For example, what does a 2 foot bump out cost or how much is an upgraded bathroom or the brick look in front of one of the homes that is being built there. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 18,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMP13 View Post
Your right and unfortunately that is the one thing I forgot to ask for today when talking to the sales rep. Maybe I can ask them to fax it to me. In the meantime, I was wondering if any one knew the price range for the extras for these homes. For example, what does a 2 foot bump out cost or how much is an upgraded bathroom or the brick look in front of one of the homes that is being built there. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
We bought a Savoy there. There is a price list of options, but they only seem to give it to you once you have put a hold on a property (i.e. enter into Attorney review). It was a little frustrating since we asked for a list before and were told one didn't exist. But when we asked about a few specific options, they gave us prices.

Some of the extras were surprisingly cheap while others are not. It will depend on the model. If I remember correctly the bump out for the family room was one that surprised us for being inexpensive (but since we didn't get it, I'd have to look it up).

Liz

Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 AM

Thank you Liz........yes that does seem to be the case. I asked for a list of options and was told that once we sit down at contract signing than one can be provided. Makes no sense to me because how do you know if you can afford what you like if you don't know how much it costs first?! I did get prices when I specifically asked about certain things.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Does anyone know the name of the elementary school that children would attend if residing in Christopher estates.........is it Mercerville Elementary?

Old 11-19-2007, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
Hello,

The elementary school for Chirstopher Estates is Mercerville Elementary School K-5 and the children are bused to and from school.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizNJ View Post
We bought a Savoy there. There is a price list of options, but they only seem to give it to you once you have put a hold on a property (i.e. enter into Attorney review). It was a little frustrating since we asked for a list before and were told one didn't exist. But when we asked about a few specific options, they gave us prices.

Some of the extras were surprisingly cheap while others are not. It will depend on the model. If I remember correctly the bump out for the family room was one that surprised us for being inexpensive (but since we didn't get it, I'd have to look it up).

Liz
We also purchased the Savoy Model at Christopher Estates and were not told of the option pricing until time of contract, (little frustrating in picking and choosing options vs. upgrade) but we pretty much knew what we wanted to add and where we wanted to the upgrades before completion and after. Good luck with your choices!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey