Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times

Advertisements

GregW is fine other than for his political reasoning it says he was on today around 1:30pm.

Greg this is just special fer you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,641 times
Thumbs up Thank you MAC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
GregW is fine other than for his political reasoning it says he was on today around 1:30pm.

Greg this is just special fer you

Yep, I agree with you!!! His political reasoning is the problem LOL! But, I feel bad, because he is older and a daily poster on City Data, so I feel like I know him. Even if I do not agree with his "crazy" ideas LOL!

Thanks MAC!!!

Please keep the wonderful pictures coming!

Take good care my dear friend!

Regards

COUNTRY

Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Country, if you keep this agreeing with me thing up i am going to beg for English Butter Scotches

Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM

Swift and Saco at Storn Sandy and then on Election Day

Saco River Covered bridge on same dayS

Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,641 times
Thumbs up Thank you MAC! Great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Swift and Saco at Storn Sandy and then on Election Day

Saco River Covered bridge on same dayS

HI, Mac

Thanks for the wonderful pictures I cannot believe the difference between shots.

Please keep them coming! Thank you!

By the way, has "GREGW" posted again? I hope he is OK

Also, THANK YOU to ALL VETERANS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! Sorry for the delayed post

Mac, your son served as well, right? Please THANK him for me!

I hope everyone is doing well

Blessings & Peace to all,

Thank you MAC, for the cool pictures!

Take good care,

Cheers,

COUNTRY

Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,560 times
Lets all congratulate our own Mac_Muz on winning one of the $500.00 prizes in the CD most informative post contest!

YAY!!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Thanks, but i wouldn't know how or why they choose me.... Everybody knows I don't always play well with others.

I never count my chickens until I have them.......

Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Default Thanks folks

Anne and I are just fine. I think we lost power for about 45 seconds or so. Probably the last couple of storms took down everything that was going to do damage around here.

Thanks for reading my posts. I try and be as thoughtful as I can even if we disagree politically. The core of my politics and economics is an absolute antipathy to monopoly in any of its forms.

Hey, Mac. Those pictures of the rivers are a very interesting example of the scaling factors involved in open channel (river) flow. On the scale of each stream the flow is turbulent and dominated by the channel size, bottom roughness and flow volume. After the rivers join the flow area has increased enough that cross channel mixing is delayed for a long distance downstream. This indicates laminar flow on that size scale. This is interesting to us water mill geeks.

I wish everyone a good weekend and a fine Thanksgiving. We are going to have dinner with friends we have known for over 40 years.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Greg, I wasn't expecting to see that sort of difference myself. I think a good part of it is due to the storm of a year before,. stirring up the Saco from the head waters in the notch and the east branch on down, whereas' the Swift is shorter and fed only by little water streams, so it didn't get the beating the Saco or Pemii did.

This is the stuff that floats my stick too. That and maybe who am I? where did We cone from......

Seems to me we need to know that in order to know where we are going. But i will hand it to you we ain't goin' far on that monopoly money.

Also it appears you are riding some bike but not that older R bike..

Maybe we can sneak in a ride over this coming summer?

Back to funky water..... I always like it... places where the rules get broken and you find fresh water trapped under salt and just plain weird things that almost defy nature. Oh another is rivers that flow both ways found in Maine and in the Bay of Fundy.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,247 times
[quote=GregW;26973510] Those pictures of the rivers are a very interesting example of the scaling factors involved in open channel (river) flow. On the scale of each stream the flow is turbulent and dominated by the channel size, bottom roughness and flow volume. After the rivers join the flow area has increased enough that cross channel mixing is delayed for a long distance downstream. This indicates laminar flow on that size scale. This is interesting to us water mill geeks.[/font][/color]

I was just going to say "that's a lot of water", but you said the same thing so eloquently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire