Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,948 times

Advertisements

Just heard from LisaG - she doesn't seem to ever be able to log in, no matter how many times she tries (even creating new accounts). She's fine. Rorinacito & Windchimes are ok, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,948 times
Val just sent me a message - she's fine andsurprisingly never lost power! But she's having a very hard time getting (and keeping) logged in here on CD, which means she's here less frequently - and that is a great loss to the forum!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Country.

Before by apx 3 weeks

yesterday

Note the very water on the left isn't muddy like the right. This is where the Swift out of the Kanc meets the Saco

My wife and i were standing on this bridge to get those shots.

I will put a link to the album later. Something is up with photobucket, maybe because it's Halloween?

All the controls have changed there, and it looks strange.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,953,232 times
Hi Country I'm safe and sound, just have had a terrible time trying to get onto CD for the past couple of weeks. I really feel blessed that we never lost power (sort of felt a little guilty because so many people that I knew were posting on facebook about still being without power). Usually we are among the first ones to lose power, and the last to get it restored, so this has been a nice change. My heart does go out to all of the people who's lives have been forever changed from this storm. Especially those in NYC, the Jersey shore, and the poor folks in W. Virginia/PA that are now dealing with snow and cold

I went to North Hampton on Sunday to see the waves, and so wish that I could have been there on Monday and Tuesday as well. But alas, I was not, and have to be happy with the few pictures that I took while I was there on Sunday. I am going to try to post them in the NH Picture thread... hopefully can stay online long enough to get the links up!

Glad to hear that everyone here seems to have come through unscathed

MacMuz, that's a very cool picture of the 2 rivers meet!

Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Val, that bottom pic is the Saco River Covered Bridge. The day before the storm by chance I was under that bridge on both sides. When i have time to spare i sometimes geo cache. The day before i retreated the area to the park which is just behind where i stood to take this pic of the bridge.

Hurricane Sandy pictures by Mac_Muz - Photobucket

I guess Photobucket has changed AGAIN

But the link should send anyone wanting to the Sandy Storm page. 10 pics there in all.

There are 3 different covered bridges.

Saco as above, The Swift River Bridge in Conway near the Saco bridge, and the Albany Bridge also crossing the Swift up steam in the kanc.

I don't mind saying I don't like the new photobucket layout. oh well.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Thumbs up Thank you MAC!!! Great to hear that everyone is OK!!! Blessings to ALL!!!

Dear MAC,

Awesome pictures, thank you my friend!! Thanks for posting them! I really appreciate it!
Very cool!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

I have had a bit of computer problems, so I have not been able to keep up with all of the posts!

Thank you MAC, if you have more pictures, please post them here!! I barely have time to check this thread as it is lately

Take good care,

Keep up the great work, if you know what I mean I love all of your posts!! Always wise, full

of information & funny!!!

Take good care,

God bless you all!!!

COUNTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Country.

Before by apx 3 weeks

yesterday

Note the very water on the left isn't muddy like the right. This is where the Swift out of the Kanc meets the Saco

My wife and i were standing on this bridge to get those shots.

I will put a link to the album later. Something is up with photobucket, maybe because it's Halloween?

All the controls have changed there, and it looks strange.

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-02-2012 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: THANKS TO WANNA COME HOME, VALERIE C for posting, GLAD EVERYONE IS OK!!((HUGS))PEACE!!:):):)TAKE GOOD CARE!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Whats in the pipe you been smoking?

Who me

Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 PM

Thumbs up Thank you MAC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Whats in the pipe you been smoking?

Who me

Me, who me LOL! And I do not smoke Someone else has been smoking "something" LOL!

Thanks MAC!!! Like I said, I love all of your posts & the message in them LOL!
And how you put people in their place, in a nice, funny way, without losing it, LOL!
Hey, more pictures please!!!
Thanks!
Take good care,

Cheers!

COUNTRY

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-02-2012 at 05:45 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Uh oh..... I just did to a city dweller a woman I think The gennie thread....

Oh well it is what it is........ Love NH or get out right?

Did you SEE the 2 rivers coming together and the left side dark clear water and the right side (saco side) all muddy?) i think that is due to Irene last year cutting out new bankings..

Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM

Thumbs up Thank you "WANNA COME HOME", VALERIE C. , MAC, "LOL", "NICOLE M", etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Just heard from LisaG - she doesn't seem to ever be able to log in, no matter how many times she tries (even creating new accounts). She's fine. Rorinacito & Windchimes are ok, too.

Dear WANNA,

Thanks for everything!

I originally was not too worried about Windchimes & Roerinaci because of their locations.
But, after hearing about 2 deaths in Canada I started to get worried!

Thank you for letting me know. Give them my best!

Great to hear that WINDCHIMES, ROERINACI, VALERIE C., NH2NCMom ARE ALL DOING

GREAT!!!!

By the way, I noticed that "GREGW" a daily poster has not showed up yet, I hope he is OK!!

Thanks to ALL for stopping by, I was really worried about all of you, this has been a sad storm,
can you imagine if it had been a Hurricane category 3 or 5 WOW!!!

Regards,

(((HUGS))) PEACE & BLESSINGS GOING TO ALL READING THIS!!

Take good care of yourselves & each other!!!

COUNTRY

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire