Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 01:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times

Advertisements

Lennon and Maisie played last night with Zac Brown and also with Jason Mraz at the Southern ground festival. And then later their parents came out and play too. I guess they've toured with Zack Brown and they've all become very good friends. And the girls were really excited about hanging out with Jason Mraz (according to their Twitter).

There playing again tonight and I think Claire who plays Scarlet is also playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Seems the little girl broke her arm yesterday. They all played last night and she had her arm in a sling and poor thing, didn't look like she felt very good. Will be interesting to see how they write this into the show.

Also, Clare Bowen sang two songs. Zac Brown said he was going to bring out a fresh new face but was going to introduce her as her character since they were going to film the song for possible inclusion into the show so cheer it up. He then brought out Scarlet O'Connor. They sang a song and then for her second song, he introduced her as Clare.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Oh dear, sorry about the broken arm! Cool that they brought out Clarie as Scarlett first . . will be fun to see if it shows up in a future episode. Did you recognize either of Claire/Scarlett's songs?

There was a great article in the Tennessean about Lennon and Maisy, last Sunday? Will see if I can find a link. The producers wanted to use them for the show but was having trouble getting them work permits "for extraordinary talent" because they had really only opened or sang with their parents. So the Mom had them do the YouTube video "Call Your Girlfriend" in May of 2012. Went viral, and they were able to use that as proof they had talent. Video now has over 20 Million hits.

'Call Your Girlfriend' Robyn/ Erato cover by Lennon & Maisy Stella - YouTube

Here's the article that was in the Tennessean last weekend:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rs-reach-stars

Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 AM

Found out the songs Claire sang:

"Brown introduced actress Clare Bowen as her Scarlett O'Connor character from the ABC TV series Nashville, since their performance of Free and Van Morrison's Into the Mystic was filmed for the show. Bowen stayed around, as herself, for a second number, a cover of Ray Lamontagne's Jolene."

Old 09-29-2013, 08:19 PM

201 posts, read 320,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
There was a great article in the Tennessean about Lennon and Maisy, last Sunday? Will see if I can find a link. The producers wanted to use them for the show but was having trouble getting them work permits "for extraordinary talent" because they had really only opened or sang with their parents.
Yes Canadian entertainers need to get the O1 Visa which has that line of being exceptional in their line and holding extraordinary talent. Oh the lawyer fun!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 PM

Charles "Deacon" Esten was named one of Nashville magazine's 25 most beautiful people. In the brief article, he says he and his family now live in Brentwood and that he adopted the dog who played his dog on the show! The one that Juliette gave him? Someone gave him a puppy, remember? Anyway, he adopted that dog, it's name is now "Blue". First dog he's ever had. Seems to be settling in quite nicely . . . .

Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
So "Nashville"'s dog named Sue is now a dog named Blue.

Thanks for sharing this good news - such a nice thing for Charles Esten to do!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:31 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,885 times
I thought his acting (Deacon's character) was the best acting portrayal of a drunk I have ever seen. It was the flashback scene of when he and Rayna were dating and she found out she was pregnant and he did not seem like good husband/father material.

Glad he kept the dog!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 PM

Much better episode tonight!! I'm liking the new feisty Scarlett.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 AM

I LOVED the scene at Oliver Hudson's house (new record honcho - Jeff) when everyone was watching the 'new girl' sing. Usually you'll see Juliette talking to Rayna or Avery talking to Scarlett . . . but here you had almost the entire cast in one line reacting to the new girl on the block. Juliette's look was priceless! And Rayna and Scarlett's reaction to Juliette's look was equally priceless and you have a feeling they (Rayna and Juliette) might be on the same 'team' now, so to speak.

The irony of Juliette singing one of Rayna's classic songs to get attention when Rayna was in the coma, to the new girl (Layla) singing one of Juliette's 'classics' was fantastic, all in the course of two episodes.

I do wonder if there are too many people on the cast at the moment but it's probably more 'true to life' to have new faces showing up in town all the time.

A little surprised that Will went with Jeff at Edgehill but it might mean she can get Gunnar back. What about Gunnar and Zoey (Scarlett's childhood friend)?

What do you think of Highway 65 as a name???? I thought something more local might be more fun but "Old Hickory" and "Granny White" just didn't cut it . . . nor did "Loveless" Records. Guess that's why I don't write scripts.

Did note that all the episodes from last season were titles of Hank Williams tunes and this year, Patsy Cline.

Definitely a guilty pleasure for me . . . .

PS. Ditto on the new fesity Scarlett and the less 'stressed' Rayna . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville