Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,286,082 times

Advertisements

Mi shots, yes I was in the first and second episode of the first season. I haven't gone back to do extra work again but plan to in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM

362 posts, read 646,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
Mi shots, yes I was in the first and second episode of the first season. I haven't gone back to do extra work again but plan to in the future.
What parts or episodes? (BTW< that is coolio!) I just watched the first episode of first season. Going to start second one in about 15 minutes

Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,104,261 times
I recently dined at a Cool Springs restaurant and the waitress told me that Avery is a frequent diner there, sometimes alone for business and sometimes with his family. Her only comment was that he was "diminutive". Otherwise, she said he acted and dressed and looked just like Avery.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Default TV Guide

I also had to buy TV Guide this week since the Tennessean will no longer have TV listings in it and there was a bit about "Nashville" (I use the app but needed something for my Mom and a TV Guide subscription is half the price of the one touted by the Tennessean).

The article was "Which Shows will Survive the Sophomore Slump?"

"Among other second year series, NBC's Chicago Fire has found its groove, winning its time slot in viewers 18 to 49 and going up double-didgit percentage points from last year (helped by its lead in, The Voice.). Fox's The Mindy Project is struggling, and ABC's Nashville has done OK, particularly after DVR usage gets factored in. With Nashville, Lionsgate TV chairman Kevin Begg's says the studio and producers decided to "elevate the stakes and create more intensity."
On the list of the most DVR'd shows, Nashville is #9. I watch it on ABC.com for a 2nd time and hope that is upping the numbers!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 PM

Default Twitter

Some of the cast of "Nashville" do a live Twitter 'chat' on the night the show airs. You don't have to be on Twitter to read the comments. Here is the link . .

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AskNashville&src=hash

I am not on any social media (except this board) but it's mighty temptin' to join Twitter, just for Deacon . . . . .

Old 10-23-2013, 08:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
Who do you think Luke Wheeler is supposed to "represent"?

I could see him as a Tim McGraw maybe??

Old 10-24-2013, 10:56 AM

I thought that was a GREAT episode. This season seems to be moving at a faster pace. Hard to tell with just one episode, about this Luke Wheeler character . . . and I haven't lived in Nashville long, but I sort of see him more as Vince Gill since Vince Gill seems to be everywhere, very involved with the Opry and charities? Tim McGraw (to me) doesn't seem as accessible. Although, I am NOT in any sort of inner circle so what do I know??

SPOILERS - don't read if you haven't seen the October 23rd episode!

Not surprised at all that Zoey hooked up with Gunner . . I don't think Scarlett will be too happy. I think Zoey is a 'bad' girl . . . . gonna shake things up . . preacher's daughter . . uh huh!

Feel a bit sorry for Juliette with everyone turning her down.

Wonder if Charles Esten plays piano in "real" life?

The Grand Ole Opry and Carrie Underwood sent out advance tweets about this night's episode which is pretty cool.

The songs were great last night, too, really set the mood . .

And Rayna! You go girl!

Here's a photo that was tweeted last night of the Twitter bus. I think they were filming for EXTRA but I don't even know when the show is on here? Would be fun to watch the episode if we can find out when it airs.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:24 PM

201 posts, read 320,625 times
My wife and my visiting mother-in-law came across them filming by the library. Interesting to see when that'll air and if they walked through at the right time to be in the background.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM

Interesting article about T. Bone Burnett that touches on some drama BEHIND the scenes of "Nashville" . . . .

T Bone Burnett on Quitting Wife Callie Khouri's 'Nashville': It Was a 'Drag-Out Fight' - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,360,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Interesting article about T. Bone Burnett that touches on some drama BEHIND the scenes of "Nashville" . . . .

T Bone Burnett on Quitting Wife Callie Khouri's 'Nashville': It Was a 'Drag-Out Fight' - The Hollywood Reporter
"Some people were making a drama about real musicians' lives, and some were making a soap opera, so there was that confusion."

That's how I felt when I started watching the show. And that's why I stopped watching it. At times, it had elements of a great drama, with compelling characters. At others, it felt like a cheesy soap opera, with a sadly predictable storyline and forced twists and turns.

It doesn't surprise me that it was a battle off the camera. It would probably be a more successful show if it stuck to one or the other. But I'd only watch the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville