Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,093,586 times

Advertisements

I just voted AGAIN! . . . looks like you can vote more than once . . (hint, hint)

Also, the 3rd Volume of music from the show, called

"The Music of Nashville: Original Soundtrack Season 2, Volume 1" will hit stores December 13th.

(I wonder if SANTA reads this forum?????)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 AM

WE NEED TO KEEP WATCHING!!! Things not looking good for a 3rd season . . .

ABC: Why Is ‘Revenge’ Likely To Be Renewed When ‘Nashville’ Is Just A “Toss Up” - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 AM

This is from the On Location Casting Facebook page. Voting ends TODAY! If you vote, and then refresh the page, you can vote again. And again.

VOTE FOR NASHVILLE!!!

PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS - NASHVILLE VOTES

Time for action everyone. Nashville is nominated for Favorite Network Drama. Voting ends Dec 5, 2013 and you can vote as many times as you want. Please make an effort to cast your votes whenever possible as well as employing others to do the same.

YOU CAN VOTE VIA THE WEBSITE:

Cast your votes now for your favorites in movies, music and TV for People's Choice Awards 2014 - PeoplesChoice.com ;

*** Once you have voted via the website you will be given the option to Tweet out your vote. An additional vote will be submitted for everyone who retweets your vote.

YOU CAN VOTE VIA FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/peopleschoice ;

YOU CAN VOTE VIA THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS APP

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/peop...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Old 12-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Watched this week's episode again last night . . . noticed that the new Music City Center is the backdrop for the conversation between Rayna and her sister. Nice! Does anyone know where the bar is that Juliette talked to Will in? Thinking it might be the Hermitage? And the stage, half round stage, where Juliette sang with Will . . . I have no idea other than it was small?

Did notice that Maisy (Daphne) was missing "on a trip to DC" . . thinking this may have been when she broke her arm????

LOVED the stove, the old green stove - was that Deacon's place or Megan's????

Old 12-07-2013, 10:43 AM

39 posts, read 46,519 times
Can they get a bit more creative? Juliette stuck in a love triangle can only take the show so far.

And I can't stand Teddy right now. He's done nothing but been a jerk to Deacon.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,720 times
I don't watch the show, so I have no idea when or if it would be on, but I thought this was funny.

Occasionally I have to work downtown at the First Tennessee building because the company I work for has a location there. Anyway, a couple months ago I had to walk down to the post office at the Arcade to pick up a few things and bring them back. Union Street had numerous production trucks parked on it so they were diverting traffic (auto and pedestrian) around it and blah blah. I assumed it probably was the Nashville crew but I didn't know for sure (later found out it was, as one of my co-workers saw Hayden later on). I used to live in LA so I used to see stuff like this all the time. I didn't think anything of it, I know that vast majority of this stuff is just set ups and there's really nothing to see. I just kept my earphones in and went on my way.

On the way back I was walking towards the main entrance on 5th and Union, carrying a couple boxes, listening to my music and this guy tells me I have to walk around back further. I was like alright whatever that's cool. About 5 seconds later, I'm about 40 or 50 feet from the entrance, and I hear a director yell "ACTION!". Again, my past instincts kicked in and I didn't even stop or look over because I knew they didn't want someone looking at the camera if it even picked me up at all. When I was getting closer to the doors I decided to glance over just to see exactly what was going on. I saw a circle of 4 people talking, maybe 30 feet to my left and a camera panning around to pick it up. I don't remember seeing any men in the circle, I remember seeing some women but their backs were turned to me so I didn't see any faces.

Now, I realize it's just one take, it's virtually impossible the camera even saw me, and it could very likely have been a couple seconds of filler....even though I think they were rolling all the way until I got inside....but I thought it was extremely ironic timing that I was right there when they were filming and I'll never really know if I'm in there or not. Random story.

I saw the first three or four episodes because, well, it's Nashville but I didn't bother to keep up with it after that. I didn't think it was a bad show or anything, I just didn't watch anymore. I have a harder time catching up on hour-long shows than I do 30 minute ones. Hopefully it gets picked up though. It's cool to have the exposure.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM

4,347 posts, read 4,724,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Thinking it might be the Hermitage? And the stage, half round stage, where Juliette sang with Will . . . I have no idea other than it was small?
Sound stage. The bar probably was too. Met a guy who has been working these recent episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Did notice that Maisy (Daphne) was missing "on a trip to DC" . . thinking this may have been when she broke her arm????
Probably. And if so, that means maybe we'll see a feistier, more confident Scarlett. That same weekend Maisy broke her arm, they filmed "Scarlett" doing one song with Zac Brown at Southern Ground. And she wasn't dressed or projected as weak little Scarlett. Maybe seeing Gunnar/Zoe and Avery going to be courted by Juliette, she gains some heuvos!

Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
It seemed like there were fewer Nashville specific scenes in this one and more scenes that could have been filmed on a soundstage.

And this is just a really weird, nitpicky thing ... It drives me CRAZY that they named the upcoming festival on the show the Music City Music Festival. Have the same word twice in a title is ... aargh. Couldn't they come up with ANYthing else??

Oh well ...

Old 12-08-2013, 08:05 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It seemed like there were fewer Nashville specific scenes in this one and more scenes that could have been filmed on a soundstage.

And this is just a really weird, nitpicky thing ... It drives me CRAZY that they named the upcoming festival on the show the Music City Music Festival. Have the same word twice in a title is ... aargh. Couldn't they come up with ANYthing else??

Oh well ...
It's probably just another brilliant product from the Department of the Redundancy Department

Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Side note: Hayden Paniettierre has been in Ukraine for a few days during this past week, and along with her Ukrainian fiancé (whose brother is an opposition leader), addressed the crowds in Maidan (aka Independence) Square, in support of those advocating for Ukraine's membership in the EU and a more distant relationship with Russia.

Good for her. And good for those advocating for such change.

Back to "Nashville": according to the talent agency responsible for providing extras, a NASCAR racetrack scene is being filmed presently (despite very inclement weather). Alas, boring Luke Wheeler seems to be involved, so he'll be around for several weeks yet to come.

No idea who's going to be killed at the Music Festival tomorrow night - not Luke or Juliette, since their names were mentioned via the On Location Casting Facebook page for upcoming episodes currently or very recently in production.

However - it appears that Juliette will encounter some very upset former fans at the festival, who will blame her for Olivia and what's his name's breakup, so perhaps a shot intended for her goes astray and hits someone else. No idea, really - just trying to make sense of potential motivation for murder or at least, manslaughter. Time will tell...

I do wish they'd rinse out some of the soapsuds that have pervaded this season's "Nashville", however, and return the main focus to the main characters: Rayna and her girls, Deacon, Juliette, Scarlett, Avery, and Gunnar. I could do with less focus on the secondary characters, but accept that they do fill out the plots (Teddy, his new wife, Rayna's sister and father, Glenn). But the newcomers, with the exception of Will, seem very cardboard so far. Most of them are unlikeable, to boot: most of them are sneaky, untrustworthy, dishonest, and conniving without having much that we've seen in the way of redeeming qualities. Deacon's new girlfriend would be the exception - so far - and frankly, she doesn't seem to be very interesting, though her support of Deacon is commendable. I really liked his veterinarian girlfriend better, though...she seemed to have more spark.

What are the screenwriters thinking? And, are these the same screenwriters (and directors) who created the first season? I am seeing inconsistent characterization in a number of the "regulars" as well, most notably in Rayna and Gunnar. Scarlett is all over the map, but that can be attributed to her new role as performer rather than songwriter/poet, while Juliette's changes are more like two steps forward, one back, so that's believable, especially given what we know of her background and personality. Deacon seems to have gotten himself straight fairly easily after the major, major slip - his girlfriend seems pleasant enough, but quite bland. So far, she can't hold a candle to Rayna.

But Rayna - here's the woman who told Deacon she had always loved him, had never stopped loving him and would always continue to love him - hopping into bed quite readily and rather quickly with her new flame, about whom the viewers know very little thus far (not to mention Liam, whom she at least had known well previously and had had a rather flirtatious/friendly relationship - but even then, I'd think a FYB relationship would be most distasteful to Rayna, given how she was portrayed previously).

Not such a great maternal role model for her two young daughters dealing with parental divorce and the remarriage of their father, especially Maddy, given her age, intelligence, and newfound connection with Deacon, a connection which was uncovered with resulting extreme pain all around, and only after years of parental concealment. You'd think that experience would have taught Rayna the importance of being appropriately open with her children, and of keeping her behavior above board - and above reproach.

I still like Rayna - but these inconsistencies bother me. Sure, let her have post-Deacon romances - but let's have a little more substance. Let's see why it is she is so attracted to her newfound partner. Let's see who Luke really is off the stage - we know he's a talented and popular country musician, we know he has a large and rather elegant farm/getaway - but who is he, really?? Why did Rayna couple up with him so quickly? What future, if any, does she foresee and/or hope for with him?

As for the series, the acting and music and beautiful shots of Nashville are still extremely high quality. It's the writing (particularly characterization and plotting) and to a lesser degree, direction which are in need of major improvement.

So - let's get more real, "Nashville" writers. Give us some substance and more depth. Respect your audience's and your characters' intelligence, quit tossing characters into bed every fifteen minutes as a plot device or when you can't think of anything else for them to do (how about a walk in the park?? Dinner out? A ride in the country? ANY opportunity for them to talk, get acquainted, and quit using instant sex as a cure for everything), let us see why the characters behave as and make the decisions they do, and please, be consistent with characterization and the personalities you're helping to create!

My guess is that the outstanding cast is as frustrated as the faithfully watching audience this season, so please, screenwriters, fix it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville