Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 03:37 PM

96 posts, read 172,581 times

Advertisements

I am in recovery for addiction to Krispy Kreme. How will I be able to cope seeing that "Hot now" sign aglow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:33 PM

369 posts, read 942,571 times
windy city was slammed. called in a carry-out order at 5 and the wait was 45 minutes. got there and the wait was then 1 1/2 to 2 hours. about 5 families came in and left because they obviously didn't want to wait that long.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
windy city was slammed. called in a carry-out order at 5 and the wait was 45 minutes. got there and the wait was then 1 1/2 to 2 hours. about 5 families came in and left because they obviously didn't want to wait that long.
I guess that is good news/bad news. Good news they're demand is so high. Bad news they're not able to deliver. Hopefully people will realize that even though they aren't a completely "new" restaurant, they might as well be having moved from their previous location and will be patient. I have a friend who lived in Chicago for the better part of 20 years who really liked it. He's actually been twice since they reopened. Said it was very good but the crust was a little off (not as malty) from the Chicago originals.

Was there a significant seating area? Could you tell if there was table service or was it mostly carry out? Was there beer served?

I need to check it out ASAp.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:38 PM

there was a row of booths against one wall (10 or less) and a couple of bar tables against the other wall. the back part of the space looked pretty big. guessing restrooms are back there but didn't look. don't know about beer. they're hiring more people because the demand has been so high.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:07 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
We just ordered at the counter & came back & picked it up. The menu that we brought home doesn't list beer or wine.

The red sauce on the pizza was very good, as was the crust. Better than 312. No cornmeal in the crust ala Gino's East, I wish it were an option. The two girls working the front counter were clueless (but they're new).

We ordered Italian sausage, and they sure are skimpy. There were about 8 little clumps of sausage on the entire (large) pizza, so we were very disappointed.

We'll try it again once they're just getting up & running strong. Hopefully they'll iron out the wrinkles.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
there was a row of booths against one wall (10 or less) and a couple of bar tables against the other wall. the back part of the space looked pretty big. guessing restrooms are back there but didn't look. don't know about beer. they're hiring more people because the demand has been so high.
I saw the hiring notice on their FB page...something like they're looking to double their staff. Wow. We'll give them a few weeks to settle in and try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
We just ordered at the counter & came back & picked it up. The menu that we brought home doesn't list beer or wine.

The red sauce on the pizza was very good, as was the crust. Better than 312. No cornmeal in the crust ala Gino's East, I wish it were an option. The two girls working the front counter were clueless (but they're new).

We ordered Italian sausage, and they sure are skimpy. There were about 8 little clumps of sausage on the entire (large) pizza, so we were very disappointed.

We'll try it again once they're just getting up & running strong. Hopefully they'll iron out the wrinkles.
Cool...I'd wondered about alcohol. That also may come in time as it takes a little while for the city's beer board to review applicants. Or they may decide not to. I think it's be kinda cool for them to serve beer, especially Old Style (which is kinda like PBR to me, but still a Chicago thing).

I've heard others say they wish they put more malt/cornmeal in the crust too.

I suspect the skimpy toppings are just because they're rebooting. We always get the sausage and there's a healthy amount on there usually. Not enough to overpower, but enough to satisfy.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Some very sad news to pass along. Knead Dough Pizzeria posted on their Facebook page last night that they would stop serving effective last night. From the sound of it, their landlord has gone up significantly on rent and it is no longer feasible to stay at that location. They do not seem to be making plans to move elsewhere, but rather completely closing.

Very sad news as they were one of the top restaurants in Hendersonville for food, family friendliness, service.... Honestly, this is a big loss for the Hendersonville restaurant community. I hope they will consider reopening somewhere else.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:32 PM

i didn't think they would be open for much longer. driving by the parking lot was usually empty. if it's just about the lease, why wouldn't they open up somewhere else?

Holly Thompson OH NO!!!!!! What's going on? This is terrible. We love the food, the service, and the staff. You guys are great-- so friendly and personable. Terry & Gabe-- I'm so sad to hear this. Please tell all your fans you're going to open up somewhere else??? --Knead Dough is my family's favorite restaurant.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:12 PM

99 posts, read 230,109 times
We were in there today and they said stay tuned. They said check their Facebook in a few weeks. Thy are going on a much needed vacation.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 AM

That's a promising sign.

Their business seemed to be somewhat sporadic. They'd post several times on FB something like "It's been quiet today so we're closing at 7:00", etc. But then sometimes you'd go in on a Friday or Saturday night and have to wait 20 minutes. It probably was more than just rent...but hopefully they can find somewhere that fits their budget better. I know I sure will miss them. My kids especially loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville