Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 04:57 PM

369 posts, read 943,113 times

Advertisements

when is culver's going to start building?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,747,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
when is culver's going to start building?
Not soon enough!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,987,405 times
This whole lifestyle concept requires employers. The lack of new, at least mid-size professional employers is precisely the reason better retail and dining options are lacking.

We keep discussing new retail, new restaurants we'd like, but we're foolishly doing so in a vacuum.

In short, the Indian Lake Development, at this point in time, should be graded, IMO, no higher than a D-, with our civic leaders largely responsible for its lack of success.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 PM

there's a new doctors office going up in front of sam's

Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,478,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
This whole lifestyle concept requires employers. The lack of new, at least mid-size professional employers is precisely the reason better retail and dining options are lacking.

We keep discussing new retail, new restaurants we'd like, but we're foolishly doing so in a vacuum.

In short, the Indian Lake Development, at this point in time, should be graded, IMO, no higher than a D-, with our civic leaders largely responsible for its lack of success.
I agree, but would grade it an "I" for Incomplete. Awhile back I'd read developers were starting to ramp up the business park development along Saundersville Rd. I've seen some excavation/grading work being done so I assume that is the project starting to take root. But you're exactly right, without employers coming in and bringing their employees to live and spend in the area, it will not draw the kind of retail amenities we want the most. Hopefully the business parks will start to flourish in the next 2-3 years and therefore spur the development further.

Without getting on a soapbox, this year's county commission election will be crucial in deciding the short to intermediate future of this area and Sumner County in general.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:18 PM

4 posts, read 5,545 times
whats coming in by sams does anyone have any idea?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM

hotel, i think.

Hendersonville planners approve new hotel

the city is going to have to allow high buildings to be built because there's not a lot of land left. you have to build up, not out.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Eric Johnson @HawkeyeCoachEJ Follow We will b moving to #Nashville TN & opening up a @culvers in #Hendersonville TN. Restaurant opens Nov 1st. #Hawkeye games will b on TVs!

Iowa football assistant coach. random.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:35 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,990 times
Glad to see we finally have an opening date for Culvers.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,478,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
Eric Johnson @HawkeyeCoachEJ Follow We will b moving to #Nashville TN & opening up a @culvers in #Hendersonville TN. Restaurant opens Nov 1st. #Hawkeye games will b on TVs!

Iowa football assistant coach. random.
Looks like there's a Nashville/Vanderbilt connection:

Quote:
Johnson joined the Iowa staff after serving as a graduate assistant coach at Vanderbilt University from 1996-98, working one season with the linebackers and two years with the defensive backs. At Vanderbilt Eric worked under Coach Woody Widenhofer for one season and under Norm Parker, Iowa's defensive coordinator for 13 seasons, for two years.

Johnson attended Vanderbilt after his prep career at Whitefish Bay HS in Milwaukee, Wis., where he was defensive MVP as a senior linebacker. After a redshirt season Eric was a member of the Vanderbilt squad for one season before being injured.
Johnson was a student assistant coach at Vandy for two seasons, working with Coach Gerry DiNardo. After earning his bachelor's degree in history in 1995, Eric remained at Vanderbilt as Director of Football Operations for one year before serving as a graduate assistant coach. Johnson has completed course work towards his master's degree in health, promotion and education.
From his University of Iowa bio page

I'm still confused on where the location will be for Culvers. The sign is in an empty lot next to the former Mimi's Cafe. But if they're looking at opening November 1, that's a lot of construction to do in 6 months. I guess it can be done.

And, since he's a Vanderbilt grad, I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount of Vandy games shown on TV next to the Iowa games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville