Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 05:35 PM

54 posts, read 191,844 times

Advertisements

Amazing Grace
Don't Speak - No Doubt
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani [tears of pain]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 11:36 PM

24 posts, read 109,229 times
"I Don't Know Much" by Linda Ronstadt and AAron Neville.....I know its a love song but it reminds me of the girl i gave my whole heart to and she ended up crushing me in which i discovered in the end that i was a rebound to her....and i put this song on a cd of dedications to her and it just hits me everytime i hear it and i try not to listen to it if it is coming on....Oh well i guess you have to move on though

Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,332,922 times
Josh Groban...anything by him but especially "To where you are" and "you raise me up".

Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 PM

259 posts, read 942,144 times
The Bee Gees

"Follow Me" 1973

The song makes my reflect about how Political Leaders, Media outlets, movie actors, and the like have mislead the American people down the path of destruction!

Last edited by Dee62; 05-10-2007 at 12:03 AM..

Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,192,942 times
One of my best friends died of cancer about the time this song came out. I still break down every time I hear it.

Kenny Chesney - "The Good Stuff"

...and it's a new t-shirt saying "I'm a grandpa"
and being right there as our time got small,
And holdin her hand when the good Lord called her up
Yeah man, That's the good stuff

Old 05-10-2007, 02:31 PM

638 posts, read 978,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegirl View Post
One of my best friends died of cancer about the time this song came out. I still break down every time I hear it.

Kenny Chesney - "The Good Stuff"

...and it's a new t-shirt saying "I'm a grandpa"
and being right there as our time got small,
And holdin her hand when the good Lord called her up
Yeah man, That's the good stuff
That reminds me… my grandfather died (I was 12 years old at the time) and shortly afterwards was when I first heard the song "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. I don't cry every time I hear it (I did when I first heard it) but I'm always reminded of that day.

I especially like songs that aren't detailed. For example the singer could be thinking of a guy or a girl while singing the song but wouldn't actually refer to anyone. It's easier to relate to songs that way, IMO, because if the singer goes into detail then you sometimes have to put yourself in their position rather than your own.

Stevie

Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM

10,271 posts, read 16,100,643 times
1. Christmas Shoes - Bob Carlisle/Newsong (everyone should know this song)

2. I Wonder - Kellie Pickler (girl remembers growing up without her mom...autobiographical song by American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler)

3. Come Home Soon - SHeDAISY (military wife with husband deployed abroad

4. Concrete Angel - Martina McBride (little girl abused and killed by father)

5. Alyssa Lies - John Michael Carroll (little girl abused and killed by father)

6. What Were You When the World Stopped Turning - ALan Jackson (9-11 song)

7. Anyway - Martina McBride (watch the video for it...no sad story but very poignant)

8. The Other Little Soldier - Josh Gracin (little boy loses his dad in Iraq/Afghanistan)

9. IF I don't Make it Back (young soldier killed in Iraq or Afghanistan)

Old 05-18-2007, 12:40 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,803,791 times
What about that 1970s song Called "Seasons in the sun", hey if you have not heard this one, down load this one, ITS SAAAAD. about a man who is dying, saying goodby to everyone.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:55 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,803,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The sinead o'connor version of Nothing Compares to U ... reminds me of my youthful heartbreak days. Watching the video too.
Yeah, I came back from the war back in 1990 and my wife had left me for another. That song was in top 3, being played over and over and over again on the radio. I remember hearing that when it actually was 7 hours and 16 days before that b@@@@ took her love away. I let out a pothetic laugh at the irony, before crying my eyes out. Now when I hear that song, it always brings me back to those crappy days in my life.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:11 PM

10,271 posts, read 16,100,643 times
I also have to add "Traveling Soldier" by the Dixie Chicks. I know their radical politics put some people off but this is not a political song and tells a very sad sweet story about the Vietnam War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music