Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:28 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,232,625 times

Advertisements

AL DI LA - Emilio Pericoli - Dedicated "In Memoriam" to GPE, her favorite song and film - YouTube
Rather briefly, Suzanne Pleshette and Troy Donahue were married. They certainly made a gorgeous couple! This has been one of my favorite songs since the first time I saw this film long ago in the theater.

Shangri-La By The Four Coins - YouTube

Senza Fine by Dean Martin - YouTube
This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard sung by one of the best voices this world has been blessed to hear.

Here is a taste of Connie Francis' version, used in "The Flight of the Phoenix".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvMB4Tw84x4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Default Romantic songs

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli- Con te Partiro - YouTube

... just about everything by Andrea, awesome talent.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli- Con te Partiro - YouTube

... just about everything by Andrea, awesome talent.
I agree 100%; Andrea Bocelli's voice is amazing!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM

167 posts, read 150,502 times

I'm Your Puppet - YouTube

Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM

More from the movies...

Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You - YouTube

Barbra Streisand The Way He Makes Me Feel (Studio Version) 1983 - YouTube

Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love - YouTube

Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
All very beautiful songs that I have definitely enjoyed listening to as well; thanks for the links Myst!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 PM

This is such a sweet, true song.

Little Things Mean a Lot - Kitty Kallen - YouTube

This was very popular when I was a little girl. We vacationed throughout the Southwest, and I remember this on the radio, along with "Mona Lisa" by Nat King Cole and "Around the World in 80 Days" by Ray Coniff and his people. The radio was just end-to-end wonderful.

Jo Stafford - You Belong To Me - YouTube

This was my parents' wedding song.

Al Martino - I Love You Truly..wmv - YouTube

I love contributing to this thread! I've never considered myself an overly sentimental person, but I have a soft spot for romantic songs, especially the lyrical, lovely ones. I also indulge in "power ballads", but I get to pick dreamily romantic music for this thread, many of which I have danced to and would love to again if I could.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM

167 posts, read 150,502 times

Silvio Rodriguez - Angel para un final - YouTube

Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 PM

I have posted this on a number of threads, a song I very hazily remembered from my childhood. I've found just one post of it on YouTube, not from the Vogue picture record that we had. It's "scritchy", but the beauty rises up through the sounds of age and of use. And, every time I hear it, I cannot help but cry. Why I don't know. But, it touches me in some way I do not understand, just as Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" does. I'm crying even now,and I feel so silly! It's just lovely, and I play it repeatedly each time.

SAVE ME A DREAM by Skitch Henderson v-Ray Kellogg 1946 - YouTube
Interesting note: I received a rep and a message from a young dubstepper who found this song as heart-touching as I do. So, there must be something very special about it. I still remember the picture record with the sleeping blonde lady that so fascinated my little sister and me as we hovered around the record player watching it spin. (Yep! My sister was strange, too=} I miss her so much.)(Maybe I'm crying for Jenny when I hear the song. Hmmmm...)

This one is so sweet and "homey", sort of cuddly. I close my eyes, and it sounds like Hoagy Carmichael is right there, which is all right with me, as I've had a crush on him since I was a little girl. (Yes, I was a strange child.)

Two Sleepy People ~ Hoagy Carmichael & Ella Logan ~ 1938 - YouTube
This version has additional lyrics, which makes it very special.

Here's Hoagy again. People will either hear what I mean or think I'm bonkers~which I'm used to.

Stardust - Hoagy Carmichael (1927) - YouTube
Imagine: 1927 and it's as fresh today as ever!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music