Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 02:58 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Hey, Ralph. You're like Mikey from the cereal commercial.... you like everything.
No, not really. But I don't automatically and categorically dismiss any Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, or DC movie unless it gets consistently bad reviews for issues I'd agree were issues. Even then, I'll catch it on cable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 03:18 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, not really. But I don't automatically and categorically dismiss any Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, or DC movie unless it gets consistently bad reviews for issues I'd agree were issues. Even then, I'll catch it on cable.
I see.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:23 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Yeah.... They could have at least got someone who looked like Harrison Ford. Also, I don't want to sound mean, but I'm not sure about Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. Because back in the day, Billy Dee Williams was considered the black Clark Gable. Plus, even the name that George Lucas gave his character seemed to express charisma. However, I don't quite see that in Donald Glover, even though he does resemble him somewhat. But we'll see how the movie goes.

Well, of course it will because BP is trailing IW for the amount of days that both movies have been out... however, even though IW has been beating BP on a daily basis, BP has made more than IW on a daily basis in their 16th, 17th, and 18th day respectively:

MCU Top Openers

Probably, most likely since they're both Marvel character movies. Also, I don't think that I really realized that Deadpool made $363,070,709 domestically. However, I wanted to say that with IW, BP, and Ragnarok having came out last fall, my appetite for super hero movies has been kind of satisfied... therefore, I don't know if I'm really that interested in seeing the new Deadpool to be quite honest with you.
Donald Glover was a horrible cast as Lando. He doesn't have the charisma for the character.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about Solo, the new Star Wars? Are you kidding? With Panther at 696 million domestically, there's no way that a movie like Solo will even come close to Panther. It probably won't even make as much as Rogue One which is at 532 million domestically.
Solo is getting some good advanced tweets.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Solo is getting some good advanced tweets.
Well, we'll see. Although one really great thing that this movies has going for it is..........

Ron Howard is directing it. And that combined with it being a Star Wars movies will surely get a good amount of behinds in movie seats.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Infinity Wars should pass $600 million by next weekend, but there are some potential stiff competition in Dead Pool 2 and the new Solo movies. It remains to be seen if Wars can beat Panther domestically.
When Suburban_Guy said "Wars"... I think that he meant Infinity War(singular) instead of the Star Wars Solo movie. But yes... Infinity War is going to beat Black Panther domestically.... And how do I know this? Well, in addition to IW being a great movie with good word of mouth... and in addition to it having a built-in audience because it's an Avengers movie... this movie also has a built-in Black Panther audience. Also, a lot of people who went to see Black Panther are not super hero movie fans. Plus, as a matter of fact, I know some people who are not superhero/Avengers fans who are going to see the Avengers because they went to see Black Panther. And basically they went to see BP because it was an Afro-centric movie with a predominately black cast.

Also, I thought that Marvel/Disney was really smart to put out the Infinity War trailer/TV ad that featured Wakanda and the Wakanda chant, and rode the momentum and the success of the Black Panther movie, which I believe assisted in making IW such a BIG GLOBAL hit.

Last edited by William Taylor; 05-13-2018 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Changed a few things and made a few corrections.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:28 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Deadpool is the only thread to Infinity Wars. There are rumors of bad reviews about the Han Solo movie.

I feel like Infinity Wars will beat Black Panther. Deadpool fans might go see Infinity Wars and vice-versa.
Han Solo is a "review proof" movie. Which means it's going to make a massive amount of money regardless of what the reviews say. Same as Jurassic Park, Fast and Furious, Transformers, etc.

And Deadpool is rated R which will limit its earning potential greatly.

Infinity Wars will easily beat Black Panther.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:06 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
Infinity Wars probably hasn't even broken even yet. I look at the cast and CGI and think this has to be the most expensive movie ever made. It's almost like they said "Lets see how much money we can spend."

Did they really need Josh Brolin to lend the voice for Thanos? I like Josh Brolin...don't get me wrong...but the amount of $heer $tarpower is almost overwhelming.

Another thing....how are "normal movies" going to compete with movies like this? It is becoming a "Be Huge or Go Home" scenario.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post

Another thing....how are "normal movies" going to compete with movies like this? It is becoming a "Be Huge or Go Home" scenario.
What does "compete" mean?

There are 500 or more movies released by Hollywood every year. There were hundreds released last year; most were successful enough that there were hundreds released this year. There will be hundreds of movies released next year. Most of them will probably be successful enough to release hundreds more the year after that.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Infinity Wars probably hasn't even broken even yet. I look at the cast and CGI and think this has to be the most expensive movie ever made. It's almost like they said "Lets see how much money we can spend."
Well, "the most expensive movie ever made"? Well, not quite, but close:

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Budget, Box Office: Most Expensive Film Ever? | Observer

Quote:
Did they really need Josh Brolin to lend the voice for Thanos? I like Josh Brolin...don't get me wrong...but the amount of $heer $tarpower is almost overwhelming.
I didn't think that Josh Brolin was that big of a star to get paid that amount of money. Also, you wanna hear something funny? I just found out about a week ago that he was Thanos.

Quote:
Actually, I started a thread similar to that. But I didn't keep up with it because I haven't been to the forum for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies