Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 07:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,630,365 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/sta...67296685604865
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 08:22 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,973,105 times
Aquaman's role in Justice League was almost completely squandered. Held back a flood in a tunnel for a few seconds. Smacked bad guy SteppinWolf a few times. Displayed a seriously bad attitude and talked like a thug. Snore.

Who did the writing for Justice League anyway? Talk about an amateur effort.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Aquaman's role in Justice League was almost completely squandered. Held back a flood in a tunnel for a few seconds. Smacked bad guy SteppinWolf a few times. Displayed a seriously bad attitude and talked like a thug. Snore.

Who did the writing for Justice League anyway? Talk about an amateur effort.
You can go ahead and blame Joss Whedon for everything you just cited. He cut up the film, repurposed existing footage, wrote and filmed new scenes and added all the bad dialogue. Chris Terrio wrote all the good stuff.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:47 PM

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...87222343061504

Old 10-06-2018, 10:25 PM

11,200 posts, read 9,101,563 times
The new trailer has sold me to the movie.

They made a great choice in Jason Momoa. He has charisma, the physique, the attitude, etc. He was perfect as Khal Drogo.

He could be the PERFECT wolverine.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:23 AM

512 posts, read 322,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The new trailer has sold me to the movie.

They made a great choice in Jason Momoa. He has charisma, the physique, the attitude, etc. He was perfect as Khal Drogo.

He could be the PERFECT wolverine.
I loved Hugh Jackman, and I actually think that, yes, Momoa could be a great Wolverine (or LOBO...or Timber Wolf if they ever make a Legion of Superheroes film. Hmmm...I see a theme here...hirsute, ferocious animal-themed superheroes).
However, I would love that whenever the MCU makes their inevitable Xmen film, they cast with an eye towards comic book accuracy, which means a short, stubby Wolverine, a darker-skinned, more African looking Storm, a villainous Mystique, etc...

Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,894,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I really liked the trailer, but it did nothing to diminish the great Marvel film products. One film alone can do nothing for DC to compete with Marvel. They have a loooong way to go to catch up. In fact, that is DC's problem; they are always trying to compete with Marvel. Just make quality films. I am excited for this one.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I really liked the trailer, but it did nothing to diminish the great Marvel film products. One film alone can do nothing for DC to compete with Marvel. They have a loooong way to go to catch up. In fact, that is DC's problem; they are always trying to compete with Marvel. Just make quality films. I am excited for this one.
WB shifted gears abruptly; before Man of Steel's release, they said their films would be the dark alternative to Marvel's lighter-toned episodic films. To me, that sounds exactly like what I'd expect from DC-Warner, and I'd much rather have them doing Vertigo-flavored films than Superfriends.

But then people got greedy. New suits kept ordering foundational changes when they'd already given the green light to an entire arc, a plan.

That's why Justice League is tonally all over the place, has ghastly CGi in the third act, and has a villain that's about as threatening as cartoon-lips Ultron. In the end, WB ordered the film's running time clock in under two hours. The whole thing has a rushed feel.

And let's not talk about what Joss did to Batman.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:41 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Momoa is too big to be Wolverine. Sabertooth? Maybe.

Now that they are going to have to recast the role, I wish the movies would go back to the comics version of Wolverine and why he was named that in the first place: He's a little guy. 5' 3".

Old 10-07-2018, 04:47 PM

Finding a super-ripped short(er) guy who can act will be harder than finding a guy who's too-tall, super-ripped, and can act. This will be interesting. They may have to settle for 5'7"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies